7Aliens Catanya 2 released - 64-bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Watch the videos for this

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/monoplugs- ... ions-27751
It's not the same one at all – 'Phrasendrescher' is made in Reaktor. Monoplugs B-Step Sequencer v2.0 looks interesting too, though.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I went to the 7Aliens site and got from Vipre, virus program
"blocked" "Visiting this site might harm your computer!"
This rarely happens. I wonder what is it that website
developers do to make their sites suspicious to anti-virus
software?

Does it work with Studio one?
I have Catanya1 but I had to quit it because it used not to work with S1..very annoying, I cant remember now which was the problem though..

Sometimes if a VST or a VSTi does not work in a DAW may
work fine in a Modualr VST/VSTi like Bidule, energyxt
and such. Open Bidule in the DAW a see if the offending
VST functions properly. Also Bidule allows one to do
some fancy routing.

If you like Catanya you really should check out Nora. It is superior in nearly everything. I own both Catanya 1 and W2 Harmonizer, and I can say this developer rarely updates anything, the Catanya update really should be a free update, but even after paying a premium price, he wants $30 for essentially an update to 64 bit, with no roadmap to new features enunciated or expected. Nora is an incredibly better value, and a much better arp.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:If you like Catanya you really should check out Nora. It is superior in nearly everything. I own both Catanya 1 and W2 Harmonizer, and I can say this developer rarely updates anything, the Catanya update really should be a free update, but even after paying a premium price, he wants $30 for essentially an update to 64 bit, with no roadmap to new features enunciated or expected. Nora is an incredibly better value, and a much better arp.
It is said that Nora is priced low. But in any case I would certinely
buy Nora on a sale. Nora is very high on my to get list.

Judging by only the screenshot, it seems Nora CM will do everything Catanya does, and it works on Studio One. I would wait several days until I can purchase the CM.

I don't know what are the differences with the full version, but it seems to have a slightly changed layout.

Does anyone know if Catanya 2 runs fine on Windows 10? Trying to decide if I should update Windows from Win 7, but want to make sure Catanya will still work fine.

Phrasendrescher is a very fast and intuitive, extra-wishes-alternative to this. Also for mac / osx! But you need Reaktor. You can use the free Reaktor-Player for 30 minutes by each plug-in-opening, and re-opening.... 30 minutes are mostly more than enough, because Phrasendrescher is very fast in creating harmonies, melodies, chords... variations of it in several ways, has lot of snaps and predefined "patterns". In a few minutes you have this edit to the notes/ chords you want, than just record it as midi-file and open another instance if you want/need.

Skip to minute 0.45!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXHYIvkkLM

DJ-Superherpes wrote:Phrasendrescher is a very fast and intuitive, extra-wishes-alternative to this. Also for mac / osx! But you need Reaktor. You can use the free Reaktor-Player for 30 minutes by each plug-in-opening, and re-opening.... 30 minutes are mostly more than enough, because Phrasendrescher is very fast in creating harmonies, melodies, chords... variations of it in several ways, has lot of snaps and predefined "patterns". In a few minutes you have this edit to the notes/ chords you want, than just record it as midi-file and open another instance if you want/need.

Skip to minute 0.45!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXHYIvkkLM
What I'd need even more (since I have Reaktor 5.9) is a location for downloading Phrasendrescher!

I just searched for "Phrasendrescher" in the Reaktor ensembles repositry at NI – and came up emptyhanded. Then I searched for just "Phrasen" and got six hits – but none of them Phrasendrescher. :(

Is it really available for download anywhere? :help:

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Spitfire31,

here is the link to the homepage as a start:

http://aggregato.jimdo.com/demos-docs/

I am afraid there is no demo from Phrasendrescher at the moment but maybe you could just PM DJ-Superherpes (who is the "one-and-only" develloper of PD and some other stuff, more to come shortly :D ), I am sure he will help you cause there were demoversions at the beginning.

Kind regards,

Richard

tatanka wrote:Hi Spitfire31,

here is the link to the homepage as a start:

http://aggregato.jimdo.com/demos-docs/

I am afraid there is no demo from Phrasendrescher at the moment but maybe you could just PM DJ-Superherpes (who is the "one-and-only" develloper of PD and some other stuff, more to come shortly :D ), I am sure he will help you cause there were demoversions at the beginning.

Kind regards,

Richard
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for that info! He is keeping a rather low profile… ;-)

I'll PM the developer.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Some of the Catanya alternatives look cool but still wondering... has anyone has confirmed Catanya 2 running fine on Windows 10?

UCAudio wrote:Some of the Catanya alternatives look cool but still wondering... has anyone has confirmed Catanya 2 running fine on Windows 10?
Dude, forget Catanya. It's over. It was over from the beginning for that plugin. Nora and Cthulhu are all you would ever need for all of your arpeggiation needs. They do way more than Catanya for the price also. I really can not see anyone buying Catanya in the year 2016. 2010 maybe. Not 2016. Believe me when I tell you that I've been looking for that "great arpeggiator" for years and years. Tested them all over and over and stopped looking after finding Cthulhu and Nora.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
UCAudio wrote:Some of the Catanya alternatives look cool but still wondering... has anyone has confirmed Catanya 2 running fine on Windows 10?
Dude, forget Catanya. It's over. It was over from the beginning for that plugin. Nora and Cthulhu are all you would ever need for all of your arpeggiation needs. They do way more than Catanya for the price also. I really can not see anyone buying Catanya in the year 2016. 2010 maybe. Not 2016. Believe me when I tell you that I've been looking for that "great arpeggiator" for years and years. Tested them all over and over and stopped looking after finding Cthulhu and Nora.
I just got the Cthulhu demo and can't seem to get it to do what Catanya can do yet. Is it possible to do the exact same thing Catanya can do... and more? Haven't tried Nora yet.

Return to “Effects”