New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
incubus wrote:Can someone help me, because this thread is long and isn't captain obvious :hihi:

Er, which the hell one are the giving away and how long does it take for them to acknowledge the email you submitted/confirm? :lol:

thanks.
You should just be able to click on "get it now" or whatever the link says, and then within the hour you should receive an email with the serial number.
Hmmmmmm. Well, I guess I'll try again. Not really keen on the plug (now that I finally figured out what it is) but free is free. Must ........ collect ..... :hihi:

Well, I filled out the form and the next screen said the plugin would be emailed to me. I thought that was strange, heh even stranger when I checked my email and found a email from waves with a serial # to a plugin I dont have. Oh well, Ive got plenty of reverbs already. No big deal,
James

airbrush wrote:Well, I filled out the form and the next screen said the plugin would be emailed to me. I thought that was strange, heh even stranger when I checked my email and found a email from waves with a serial # to a plugin I dont have. Oh well, Ive got plenty of reverbs already. No big deal,
James

no you register that number at waves.. so nothing strange at all.

That's what waves serials are, to be used in your waves account to put the plug in into it. Then you will never need to use that serial again for anything.

The plugin will appear in your account and then you dl the installer and authorise it through the license centre. (not with the serial but simply by logging into the license centre with your waves account password, then moving the license from the cloud to your pc hard drive or usb stick).

If you guys want a really nice free Reverb that doesn't require jumping through hoops or a "license center" try the Sanford Reverb:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p6286599
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:If you guys want a really nice free Reverb that doesn't require jumping through hoops or a "license center" try the Sanford Reverb:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p6286599

win only.

Yeah, now I'm getting a bunch of spam from them in that mail box but no mention anywhere of the plug :lol:

Oh well, it's the freebie that wants to play "hard to get" even though I don't really care about it. :hihi: Glad others can use it ;)

they do send ALOT of emails, it even annoys me a constant and happy customer.

They need to tone it down a bit.

Are you sure hibidy (sorry i just can't call you anything but that, have known you too long man!) that there isn't a serial hidden in one of those emails?

He lives!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I had to send my email 3 times over a couple days but did finally get the free reverb.
Nice....
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Got the reverb. Serial dropped in email and copy pasted it at my waves account. There are better freeware reverbs than trueverb IMO but hey.. Free plugin :D

incubus wrote:Yeah, now I'm getting a bunch of spam from them in that mail box but no mention anywhere of the plug :lol:

Oh well, it's the freebie that wants to play "hard to get" even though I don't really care about it. :hihi: Glad others can use it ;)
It's become a holiday tradition with Waves....the "Jumping through hoops to get a crappy free plugin dance". Then you spin the dreidel.... :wheee:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
incubus wrote:Yeah, now I'm getting a bunch of spam from them in that mail box but no mention anywhere of the plug :lol:

It's become a holiday tradition with Waves....the "Jumping through hoops to get a crappy free plugin dance". Then you spin the dreidel.... :wheee:
glad to hear I'm not the only one. maybe the free gift is a software app that removes you from their mailing list. :D
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Got TrueVerb and installed it with the new Waves Central tool. Everything works great *except* RBass now crashes every DAW I own, and any project containing that plugin cannot be opened. WTH!!!???

Everything worked fine with the 9.3 shell!! :x

RichieWitch wrote:Got TrueVerb and installed it with the new Waves Central tool. Everything works great *except* RBass now crashes every DAW I own, and any project containing that plugin cannot be opened. WTH!!!???

Everything worked fine with the 9.3 shell!! :x
You are not the only one who has had troubles with the new Waves managers (both human and tools), e.g. Gearsluzt has a whole thread
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... aller.html

I have had different kind of strange behaviour since plugins such as Butch Vig, Codex or H-Verb and Voc.Centric, i.e. even before the Central.
When asked support, the standard reply from the Waves has been "Delete all Waves in your compter, empty cache etc., re-load and re-install everything.

They have really messed things with the newer product algos, they have had tons of complains, but of course Waves wont admit this and any bad implementing.

I tried to register Trueverb a few times now, using the license they emailed me. Every time I try the download button locks up and won't let me download the installer. Tbh after reading through the offline install palava I don't think I'll bother with it. I already have VVV and Vroom, both of which are fantastic reverbs with hassle free installation.

Now I need to find a way to stop Waves spamming me twice a day.

Return to “Effects”