Real Guitar 4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the "Humanize Engine" is still a great addition for longtime users.

lingyai wrote:Maybe I want a pillow fight? Eh? Ever think of that?
There are regular flash-mobs in larger cities, maybe this is something for you? :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I have v 3 but I also upgraded the great deal to AAS Strum Acoustic a few months ago. Still haven't explored it much, just used a few loops included which were quite good. How would you compare the two Compyfox? That's if you have Strum of course.. but if you do is Real upgrade worth getting if you have Strum v2 already?
Ilk

I can't further comment on AAS Strum, as I don't have it. But I took a quick dive on the product homepage.

I do like the strumming patterns, but I do not(!) like the sound from this physical modeling engine. You might be shocked if I say the following now, but I actually do like XHUN AUDIO's IronAxe physical modeling sound more than AAS's. Though IronAxe is not really that intuitive to control.

So sorry, can't give you any further comparisons.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Bought the upgrade in the end,

The song mode was worth it for me,

Also discovered the free Ample Guitar II Lite which gives me a different guitar sound to play around with aswell!

There are more "free" guitar sets on the market additional to that by now. But it's good to see that you're happy with what you have.

These should keep me quite busy for now, got some new toys on Black Friday aswell.

Happy to hear of any freebies of note you might recommend to add to that though?

Mildon Strummer v3 recently turned freeware.
But I can't give any further feedback on this. Never used it.

And doesn't AMGL feature only one octave? Or was that lifted. Been a while that I used it. But it is limited to one play style for sure (fingered IIRC).

Worth noting:
I hit the developer up on FB in regards to the update for those of us that recently purchased version 3. He said it would be free and to contact him on release. So when I got the email stating I would have to pay, I contacted him... and all is good now!
What he states is that the 'grace period' is two months, so if you bought it in that time frame prior to the new version, you should get it. Mine was three months, but he put it in my account anyway!

Happy customer makes a company great!

Compyfox wrote:Mildon Strummer v3 recently turned freeware.
But I can't give any further feedback on this. Never used it.

And doesn't AMGL feature only one octave? Or was that lifted. Been a while that I used it. But it is limited to one play style for sure (fingered IIRC).
Yes with Ample Guitar Lite it`s just finger (+strum) mode but you get 3+ octaves

Will check out Mildon, saw that mentioned on BPB aswell,

cheers

Compyfox wrote:I can't further comment on AAS Strum, as I don't have it. But I took a quick dive on the product homepage.

I do like the strumming patterns, but I do not(!) like the sound from this physical modeling engine. You might be shocked if I say the following now, but I actually do like XHUN AUDIO's IronAxe physical modeling sound more than AAS's. Though IronAxe is not really that intuitive to control.

So sorry, can't give you any further comparisons.
IMO if you use the DI guitars through an amp sim, it sounds pretty good. The built in effects are ok but no replacement. And without really checking out the competition, I find Strum easy to play as an instrument.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”