Your Soundtoys Habbits?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I was finally able to purchase Soundtoys 5 yesterday and after playing around with it for a few hours I started to think to myself - I wonder what the kvr users religiously use Soundtoys for?

Maybe everyone uses the same effects on the same instruments but maybe some of you know some tricks? :wink:

Would be very cool for all of us to create a little Soundtoys bible on here. 8)

Well I don't have a passage worth publishing in the bible but I have to say that in the rack version of the product SoundToys really takes off. I was impressed with the stars of the package and undervalued or ignored others. In the rack, the combined potential of the suite is very impressive. The presets are excellent especially if you try them across a range of synths and audio loops. I'd say this was my best audio purchase this year and that includes my NI S61 keyboard, Eventide H3000 and Universal Audio plugins.

<deleted>
Sorry - I thought this topic was about Hobbits :dog:

Ayorinde wrote:<deleted>
Sorry - I thought this topic was about Hobbits :dog:
Nice!

What's Soundtoys?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:What's Soundtoys?
:o

http://www.soundtoys.com/

My Soundtoys habbit: Counting my coins atm..
..then hoping to warp directly from 2 free plug-ins to "soundtoys and the 5 Hobbits". ..today.
- WonderEcho -

Going full on with decapitator on synth bass but focusing it on a narrow high frequency. using the low and high knobs.

Is Crystallizer same effect as Aetherizer from Absynth or...?

BasariStudios wrote:What's Soundtoys?

Haha! I got it. Needs a picture of Golom to get it across though.

Haha some funny comments - more jokes than techniques but thanks to the people that did share.

Scotty wrote:Well I don't have a passage worth publishing in the bible but I have to say that in the rack version of the product SoundToys really takes off. I was impressed with the stars of the package and undervalued or ignored others. In the rack, the combined potential of the suite is very impressive. The presets are excellent especially if you try them across a range of synths and audio loops. I'd say this was my best audio purchase this year and that includes my NI S61 keyboard, Eventide H3000 and Universal Audio plugins.
This may be the case, I don't argue against you.
But for me Echoboy plays in its own league - if you rate all the Soundtoy plugins in scale 1-10, Echoboy gets 10 and the next best(s) 5 or less. I demoed Soundtoys 4 and now again all plugins of the ver. 5. Didn't find the other plugins near the same class as the Eboy.
I spent plugins $ 300 in Black Friday, Echoboy was one I bought, but so much other great software to buy that the rack and other stuff I left, so far.

I've only had it a couple of days but one technique i learned a while back is to use Filterfreak to create subtle movement on drum parts over one or two bars by modulating the filter cutoff with an Lfo.

More?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Devil loc deluxe on loops. It obliterates them on 1 and slow, closest I've found to the combined compression and degredation of Reason's Scream tape setting.

Some great tips coming in now :) I'm new to ST also but loving Decapitator for putting some punch in weak drums.

Il have to check out the tips in the morning - thanks again people.

Return to “Effects”