Korg D1600 in 2015?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

After years I decided to dust off my Korg D1600 harddiskrecorder to see if I could still find a use for it. I still like it but I was hoping to find an easy way to get the recorded tracks into my computer. This one doesn't have USB (it's the original version, not MkII) and my laptop doesn't have a diskdrive and I don't want to be stuck with CD's anyway. I searched for some kind of SCSI-to-USB-convertor but they don't seem to exist. Maybe I should install a new hard drive? But which ones would work?

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this thing up-to-date for 2015?

Thanks for any help.

Search ebay...I think there is a scsi to usb soundcard for Roland and korg multitracks

How many tracks do you want to transfer? If it's just a few, why not just record them in your DAW? ;)

T-CM11 wrote:How many tracks do you want to transfer? If it's just a few, why not just record them in your DAW? ;)
I was about say the same. A friend of mine had a D1600 back in they day and it sounded pretty good (being that it was the nineties).

Nothing wrong with a lil extra work. If you dont wanna by the CDs. I was actually thinking of getting a D3200 myself. I had way much more progress with hard disk recorders back in the day LOL
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: I was actually thinking of getting a D3200 myself. I had way much more progress with hard disk recorders back in the day LOL
Was your life different "back in the day", or only the recording medium you used? :wink:

I searched online but mostly found pages of products that were discontinued, out of stock or not quite what I'm looking for. This seems closest to what I think I would need

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptec-USBxcha ... SwVZNTmVAE
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptec-USBxcha ... 2005362863

but I think that is way too expensive especially since I'm not even sure it would work.

I can use the CD-writer and yes, I could also just record the audio but I thought there would be an easier way to do this in 2015.

I just wanted to experiment a little with the D1600. Record again without looking at a screen or having latency-issues or getting distracted by the internet. And it's still a nice machine.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”