Thinking of buying NI Kontrol S25

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now there are templates for Omnisphere 2 & Dune 2, all of a sudden Komplete Kontrol looks interesting again.

NI have dropped the price, which makes it more attractive

- but this slightly worries me as an NI price drop often signifies a new release is imminent.

Does anyone have any idea if NI are planning a new v2 Kontrol for AES next year?

If so, it'd be better to wait.

But then again, I'd love to be playing Kontrol on Christmas Day.

Thanks

Buying angst kev :scared:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I believe they only dropped the price for the time beeing. They celebrate the release of the big 88 keys NI Kontrol.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:I believe they only dropped the price for the time beeing. They celebrate the release of the big 88 keys NI Kontrol.
Almost two months of promo is a bit long for such a celebration.

I too suspect that they will release V2, but somewhere at the end of Q3-2016.

IMHO NI have lost a bit of terrain when Akai's Advance was released. I tested them both and I find AKAI's
browsing and tweaking easier. So I'm guessing that NI wants to release the updated V2 with full-color LCD sooner than later.

thanks murnau & cocoazenith

both your pov make sense.

I fancy using NI's little S25 controller keyboard for all the key switching and FX stuff.

And it'll be nice to actually play Monark, which I've only heard demos of.

btw does anyone know if Heavyocity are going to produce Aeon and DM307 in NKS format?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Update: Ordered Kontrol S25 last night.

Getting quite excited!

I think they dropped the price for two reasons: it's not selling as well as expected and they are indeed developing a v2 since, IMHO; v1 has many shortcomings on the hardware side.

I could bet the v2 will include a screen so you don't have to look at your laptop while browsing.
dedication to flying

cocoazenith wrote:
murnau wrote:I believe they only dropped the price for the time beeing. They celebrate the release of the big 88 keys NI Kontrol.
Almost two months of promo is a bit long for such a celebration.
The $100 off sales special will run until January 4, 2016 at the NI Online Shop and at retailers worldwide.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I don't have Komplete but I have some synths from Komplete as standalone versions (Absynth, Massive, Reaktor, ...).
I read that in order to use NI Kontrol's features, one need an installed version of Komplete (because Kontrol's special features do not work with standalone versions of NI synths, but work only with Komplete). Is that true or not? Thank you for your help!

question bump.

i think, in the beginning one needed komplete. now it even works with any midi-keyboard and any plugin (especially ni-ones). i can use it, too. and i have only a midiman-keyboard (it's about time for something new, but as long as it woks...) and some ni-products.

audio_dude wrote:I don't have Komplete but I have some synths from Komplete as standalone versions (Absynth, Massive, Reaktor, ...).
I read that in order to use NI Kontrol's features, one need an installed version of Komplete (because Kontrol's special features do not work with standalone versions of NI synths, but work only with Komplete). Is that true or not? Thank you for your help!
Whoever said that has zero clue what they are talking about, Komplete does nothing, and does not exist in terms of a piece of software, Komplete is just a collection of standalone NI synths with a unified installer, nothing more, Kontrol has and always will work with NI standalones ;)
Duh

bungle wrote:
audio_dude wrote:I don't have Komplete but I have some synths from Komplete as standalone versions (Absynth, Massive, Reaktor, ...).
Whoever said that has zero clue what they are talking about, Komplete does nothing, and does not exist in terms of a piece of software, Komplete is just a collection of standalone NI synths with a unified installer, nothing more, Kontrol has and always will work with NI standalones ;)
The software that interfaces between your DAW and the Komplete Kontrol keyboards is really called
Komplete Kontrol...

You also get a bundle called Komplete Select which contains about 10 plug-ins, when you buy this keyboard.

Maybe people mistake these two things for the big Komplete bundle...which you do not need in order to work with these keyboards.

Thank you for your replies! Actually, I think I've understood why "Komplete is mandatory": it's because of the new sound browser (Komplete 9 or 10 is required to use the browser). When activated, this browser is indeed a big plus!

NI Komplete Kontrol S25 is now bought & installed.

It's amazing - like having a real hardware synth

- except that I can control DAW stop/start/record and other stuff that a hw synth could never do.

So far so good. Highly recommended :D

How do you find the integration with other VST's ?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”