SynthMaster song contest with $1000 cash and software license prizes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Player for iOS

Wow, the contributions sound really really good. This is a little suprise for me (not the sound quality whitch is excellent but the usage of this synth). Very versatile sounds. Well done, guys. :)

FrankLaVerne wrote:Just to be sure: Would an FX like a Downlifter or an Impact (as a WAV file) that is often used for dance music be a reason to be disqualified, or does that count as percussion / "external FX"?
I'd consider that as FX no worries, it's not an "instrument" sound :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
FrankLaVerne wrote:Just to be sure: Would an FX like a Downlifter or an Impact (as a WAV file) that is often used for dance music be a reason to be disqualified, or does that count as percussion / "external FX"?
I'd consider that as FX no worries, it's not an "instrument" sound :)
:tu:

Thanks a lot, much appreciated, that saves me precious time - I will try though to prepare at least some FX presets for Synthmaster and use them in my song so I can contribute my bag'o'tricks to the community :D

Just closed FL Studio... another day building arrangement for my entry... looks like I'm gonna make it yay! :D
Once you get the arrangement/structure down, it's a positive sign you'll actually finish something.

About SynthMaster (I'm currently using the Player and possibly the CM version for this competition) : it's interesting how playing with presets/patches will get you more creative in terms of concept and musicality. If I were to make everything from scratch... it's like I'm taking it "too seriously" and usually end up with another project collecting dust in the old part of the HDD ;)

As I see it ATM, a music producer/creator (especially if you're not doing this exclusively, meaning you have something else to do also) must find a good balance between using samples/presets/loops and recording/tweaking/creating his own.

Question about the duration: Is it permitted if the song goes "a bit" over 5 minutes?

3ee wrote:
Question about the duration: Is it permitted if the song goes "a bit" over 5 minutes?
No problem with that!
Works at KV331 Audio

Since I am slowly running out of time, here is my "banger" contribution for this contest :party:

I chose a rather unusual way and did put six different electronical music styles (basically representing six different songs) into one song to show off how versatile Synthmaster, this underrated beast, really is (in a more clear way - no offense, but NO, I DON'T NEED SYLENTH):

1.) Deep House
2.) Electro House
3.) Festival Buildup
4.) BigRoom Drop
5.) "Dreamstep" (alt.: some step-ish style)
6.) Synthpop

Details about the presets etc. will follow together with a little Youtube video I'll do next week. Just this: More than half of the presets used are factory presets, otherwise I use one free preset bank (Gokosoul), one paid (Insigna) and some selfmade custom presets.

https://soundcloud.com/frank-laverne/fr ... e-them-all

Frank this is very, very good. :) I like it.

TheKid wrote:Frank this is very, very good. :) I like it.

Wow, we have about 40 entries right now! Thank you folks!

I am creating a database/excel sheet of all the songs/authors to manage the contest better. but still this is gonna be a real challenge :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi Bulent,

I have run out of time with my Entry but I did a tune for a OSC sometime ago where ALL the sounds are exclusively SynthMaster... may I submit the song for this competition?

kv331 wrote:
TheKid wrote:Frank this is very, very good. :) I like it.
Thank you so much guys - I am really honored! :hyper:

surreal wrote:Hi Bulent,

I have run out of time with my Entry but I did a tune for a OSC sometime ago where ALL the sounds are exclusively SynthMaster... may I submit the song for this competition?
yeah of course! Bring it in :D
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi Bülent,

Can we submit more than one song?

Hi, how many hours are left to add a song for the contest? Is still possible :-) ?
Thanks

Diego_C wrote:Hi, how many hours are left to add a song for the contest? Is still possible :-) ?
Thanks
Submissions are good through Nov 30, so you have a whole 2 days left.

Thanks! Cool!
Being here already the beginning of Sunday afternoon I thought it was ending in few hours at 12 pm...but having still from now through all tomorrow (monday) I'm safe then :-)
I'll do my best to do something now, have fun and in few hours upload it.
Thanks again :tu:

Return to “Instruments”