Komplete Audio 6 - USB i/o errors 2016 - HELP

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello from Mauritius Paradise Island :ud:

Recently bought a Komplete Audio 6 sound card and I am pretty much deceived at how many issues it has to be able to work good.

First of all i had those humming noise during my vocals recording. After a couple nights of research and troubleshooting, I solved the issue that was to unplug my laptop from power supply.

So now for my recording, i do it only on my laptop battery power, my soundcard and Mic, works good, no humming / buzz noise. Decent pre amps.

By biggest issue right Now..is : A lot of USB i/o errors that causes my system to crash! ( Blue screen)

I am running a dell inspiron n5110 corei3 with 32bit sytem 2 gb Ram and over 250gb space. I agree its not a loaded Daw for massive studio works, but i plan to record only vocals like interviews with it. I thought that it would work fine.

I have no other softwares installed except cubase le 6 edition that came with the komplete audio 6 when i bought it.

I read a couple of threads about this issue, but even changing buffer rates it helped in nothing!

My driver is up to date! :(

Help!

What is the error reported by the Blue Screen? BSOD's are good to see, they tell you whats broken!

Also your humming was a ground loop issue which isn't really a KA 6 issue, rather how your electrics are feeding it but I guess you already established that.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994_ar ... loops.html

The hum is ground loop issue. I have encountered this myself with Audio Kontrol which seems to be quite prone to it.

If you see a lot of USB errors then most likely the culprit is the bluetooth or wireless driver. Try to disable those in Device Manager. I remember reading something about some Dell's not working very well with AK just because of those two issues.
No signature here!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”