Is Trilian worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have quite a few vsts with many bass presets and I only do electro. Dont do any Rock or similar.
I noticed there's a lot of acoustic and electric bass presets. They will be next to no use to me. But was wondering what their synth bass presets are like. I take it they have superior sonic edge over something like synthmaster, massive and I really need that Omnisphere type quality in bass as its bass presets are good, only not enough of them. Worth spending $300 just for the synth bass and lead stuff or are a lot of them just Moog type retro/out-of-date sounds?

I love it, the synth sections are great, I bought it for the bass guitars and uprights, but just as a synth (well, I guess consider it a bass synth) it is wonderful, there are a ton of tasty (Juicy!) filters, good effects, and lots of sound design possibilities. Some electro guys could be more helpful, but just thinking about it's very flexible envelops gives me the warm-fuzzies.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

no i have to disagree and i did own this once and went through every sound. It's not that there aren't great sounds, but you said you *only* do electro Kinh. That's like buying a ferrari to drive from your house to the next door neughbour. ie overkill and a lot of money for nothing. You can get fabulous electro basses out of many free products as well as many MUCH cheaper ones than trilian. My 2c.

Probably not worth comenting as I do rock (or at least some guitar based dirivative) but Trilian is my weapon of choice. I went through a few decent products (Scarbee, Orange Tree etc) but I need more range. I bought Trilian and apart from when I play my own bass tracks Trilian is in everything. I don't even know how to use it properly for slides, hammers and so on but I get the tone I need, or at least close enough. Much range, one package, quality sound, plus the bonus of some acoustic (and synthetic) basses.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Just as you only get the most out of Omni if you use it for lots of different tasks, same is true with Trilian. If you only use it for the synth stuff, it's not an essential buy.

Looking forward to the next version though, which will surely use a lot of Omni 2's new features. More morphing wavetables, I'd guess.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Get yourself Spire on sale and some nice banks, plenty of high quality EDM soundbanks to choose.

http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I do a variety of styles. Trilian is awesome and always gives me a fantastic low end. Whether synth or electric or acoustic it is beefy and adds a nice low end.

If you never plan to explore outside the box, then it might be overkill. Otherwise, I would not want to be without it in my arsenal.

skip it. for electro bass, grab Diva, Tal synths or even the free Charlatan
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I think we have to stick to the facts here.. does anyone really think the OP, not someone else, but the OP who ONLY does electro, should spend $299 or whatever it is on trilian just for electro bass? Really?

(spire suggestion definitely made more sense there but there are cheaper options again - waves element can do that for sure, for example, with a lovely sequencer on board as well).

Do you already own Omnisphere? There are a lot of Trillian in Omni One. Obviously not the full range but enough to get you along with your style of music.

As for "Do I buy Trillian to make electro music only?" - In a word, no. You can get what you need in Omnisphere- if you do have it, or any of the mentioned synths.

One not mentioned is Nexus, although I do not own it to say with certainty. It appears to me to be directed toward electronic music and does have some nice sounds for this genre.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

If you only focus on Electro then don't bother with Trillian. Way overkill. Get a simple freeware synth. You can spice that up with FX from your DAW.

TheoM wrote:I think we have to stick to the facts here.. does anyone really think the OP, not someone else, but the OP who ONLY does electro, should spend $299 or whatever it is on trilian just for electro bass? Really?
Agree, definitely not :tu:
(spire suggestion definitely made more sense there but there are cheaper options again - waves element can do that for sure, for example, with a lovely sequencer on board as well).
Reasoning was because he mentioned presets and I know for a fact that Spire got them in that flavors and high quality too.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

dsan@mail.com wrote:Do you already own Omnisphere? There are a lot of Trillian in Omni One. Obviously not the full range but enough to get you along with your style of music.
Yeah but Im greedy. I cant help that. You can never have too much of a good thing, only too little. :hyper:

Diva in my opinion is overrated for its bass presets. They all sound super-sawtoothy or retro. Not enough grit as the Omnisphere stuff.
The new Omni basses are ok, I personally dig the older ones more like Armed to the teeth and Electro Reduction, just wanted more stuff like that. More leaning to distorted/fuzzy/edgy.

Kinh wrote:More leaning to distorted/fuzzy/edgy.
Try Razor, on sale now

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ths/razor/

Zexila wrote:
Kinh wrote:More leaning to distorted/fuzzy/edgy.
Try Razor, on sale now

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ths/razor/
Got it. Its a sound designer's tool. I dont do that.

Return to “Instruments”