Any ways to contact East west/quantum leap?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They just widraw money from my account and i dont know why..

subscription?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote:subscription?
I dont recall subscribing. THo i did tried theyr free subscribtion for one month. But i uninstalled it and i didnt recall for renewal?

East west seem to taken willingly themself.

EDIT:

i have loged to my account and saw there was set "auto renewaL" wtf is that set by default. How the f*ck.

Auto-renewals are pretty common on all sorts of enticing subscription deals. You generally have to cancel the auto-renewal yourself by some means. I do not think that just uninstalling the software would cancel it.

Login and submit a Support Case?

----------------
edited: typo
Last edited by DarkStar on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

East-West maintaining their usual reputation.

DarkStar wrote:Auto-renewals are pretty common on all sorts of enticing subscription deals. You generally have to cancel the auto-renewal yourself by some means. I do that think that just uninstalling the software would cancel it.

Login and submit a Support Case?
There was a sale going on for few products and free subscription was the only way to test it out. For free month trial Soundsonline shouldve set subscribtion off. I dont think all the users are aware of this when only testing a library or a product.

They seem to not have the usual support only Q&A. I did posted in theyr support forum, hoping to get some answer.

I did see this (but ticking the check-box did not work):

on http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?sec ... g&article=
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Free trials are usually automatically turned into subscriptions once the trial period ends unless you EXPLICITLY cancel.

Sounds like the OP probably didn't read the terms when he signed up. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Thank you for the link!

Yea I was going to say Free Trials almost ALWAYS are set to auto-subscribe after the trial ends.

Which reminds me, BF is over, time to cancel Amazon Prime, he he he.

Auto-renewal for free trial subscriptions should be outlawed. It amounts to "gotcha!" sales when you inevitably forget to cancel. At most they should be able to spam you incessantly to sign on for a full subscription. Did they even send you reminder that the free trial was about to expire? Of course they didn't.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:Auto-renewal for free trial subscriptions should be outlawed. It amounts to "gotcha!" sales when you inevitably forget to cancel. At most they should be able to spam you incessantly to sign on for a full subscription. Did they even send you reminder that the free trial was about to expire? Of course they didn't.
Or you could set *yourself* a reminder to cancel before it expired.

IDK... not reading terms before agreeing to them, blaming someone else for forgetting to cancel when you intended to. It's always someone else's fault. No one is prepared to take responsibility for their OWN actions these days. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
kbaccki wrote:Auto-renewal for free trial subscriptions should be outlawed. It amounts to "gotcha!" sales when you inevitably forget to cancel. At most they should be able to spam you incessantly to sign on for a full subscription. Did they even send you reminder that the free trial was about to expire? Of course they didn't.

IDK... not reading terms before agreeing to them, blaming someone else for forgetting to cancel when you intended to. It's always someone else's fault. No one is prepared to take responsibility for their OWN actions these days. :shrug:
OP was puzzled, not blaming. But I appreciate you're doing your best to help that ethically pure and downtrodden group known as "marketing managers". Most marketing people would be horrified to think someone made an unintended payment because they didn't clearly understand terms and conditions.

Call them on phone or write to them.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Ben H wrote:

If it's easy for them to enable auto-renewal by default, then it's just as easy to disable it by default. Now in who's best interest would it be to enable auto-renewal by default? Bean counters', or customers'?

It's not a matter of not understanding terms, or you forgot to set a reminder on your calendar... it's about putting the customer first (in this case a POTENTIAL customer), but I guess the world doesn't work like that anymore. The auto-renewal is an irritation, a totally unnecessary burden put onto those that (presumably) you want to impress not only with your technology, but your customer relations. Instead, you get a thread like this where one person is totally pissed, 30% are in the "your fault, not theirs" camp, and the other 70% are in the "I don't know if I ever want to deal with crap like that" camp.

Normally, when you demo a product the demo period is time limited. Even when it's not totally limited (eg reaper) you get a shareware style nag screen reminding you to purchase the product if you like it. What's wrong with that? Why can't the EW software just stop working when the trial is up?

Who knows, maybe EW will go the extra mile and do right by the OP, and the world will be rightside up again. But then you have to ask: so why do we need all the drama in the first place? Keep it simple.
Last edited by kbaccki on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Return to “Instruments”