PPG Phonem (Advanced Vocal Synthesizer) official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonemklatura for Phonem PPG Phonem

Talking about fast update cycles: version 1.02 was just released, automation in Logic 10.2 now works perfectly, thank's!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Talking about fast update cycles: version 1.02 was just released, automation in Logic 10.2 now works perfectly, thank's!
thank you for helping me find this...

Where would I download the new version?

pdxindy wrote:Where would I download the new version?
Follow the link in the e-mail you received.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
hmm... what email is it sent from? I'm not finding it

pdxindy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
From PPG Software Store, spam folder?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
From PPG Software Store, spam folder?
I found it... it was a different email account... I need to change that... hmmm

Sampleconstruct wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
origwt wrote:
pdxindy wrote:The plugin is a bit CPU spikey... and so I get some crackles when the cpu does not seem to be high enough to warrant them...

Seems like a bit of polishing/cpu optimization is needed.

Still loving this plugin!
please try to increase the audio-buffer size.
that should help.
That is a temporary solution (which also has a downside), but the CPU should not be jumping like that. That is basically buggy behavior.
I am not experiencing this here, CPU can be high with high polyphony but no unusual spikes are occurring.
I'm on OS X 10.9.5

you?
Yosemite.
It may be Bitwig that is spiking... gotta check another DAW when I get a chance

Has anyone tried this on Vista? Also, my system is quite old.. core 2 quad and ddr2-800 ram.
A few new plugins out recently have not played well with it, a demo would be really awesome.

camsr wrote:Has anyone tried this on Vista? Also, my system is quite old.. core 2 quad and ddr2-800 ram.
A few new plugins out recently have not played well with it, a demo would be really awesome.
the 32bit version on Windows is highly optimised SIMD code. (parallel instructions)
very fast. we have a beta-tester with Win XP who had no problems.

origwt wrote:
camsr wrote:Has anyone tried this on Vista? Also, my system is quite old.. core 2 quad and ddr2-800 ram.
the 32bit version on Windows is highly optimised SIMD code. (parallel instructions)
very fast. we have a beta-tester with Win XP who had no problems.
a beta-tester ? a, as in - one ?

wow, that's great. very reassuring. oh well, if camsr buys a license you'll have twice as many beta-testers for this platform. did the other beta-tester pay for his license up front... or at all ?

Why are you complaining? I doubt you use Vista. But if a plugin can't run decently on at least one processor of the 4, then it's not of much use :(

I realize that Phonem is not the easiest vocal synth for singing covers of popular songs, but has anybody else tried to make it sing Hanson's "M'bop"?

No?

Just me?

Here is a little robotic contemplation using 2 instances of Phonem:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... templation

Question:
Tempo-synced LFOs only work when they receive Midi-clock, so when programming those, one always has to press play in the DAW which is annoying. Can this be changed pretty please?

Return to “Instruments”