D16 LuSH-101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shonoob wrote:
chk071 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I demo'd it but hated the GUI. It's too cramped. There is just too much on one screen.
Tbh, i don't like the realism of the D16 GUI's in general. It doesn't look particularly well IMO, nor is it very clear for me. Well, each to his like.
unfortunate because they sound great though
I like the D16 GUIs 8)

My big issue with the UI is it has a mod and pitch wheel, not the little paddle thing from Roland. Damn it, that's important!

Oh, and how do you compare this with Tal Bassline?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Teksonik wrote:LuSH101 is an awesome synth and for $47 is a no brainer steal. It's 8 layers are the secret for me. It is possible to get some very complex sounds. It can be somewhat CPU demanding so I'd recommend trying the demo on your system to see how it performs/sounds to you....... :tu:

Marc is 100% right. Be prepared to dedicate plenty of cpu time to it but it's a truly fantastic synth (except a bit weak in nether regions). For arps, leads, pads, it's glorious. Some amazing complex sounds that make the hairs on one's arm go "ping!".

47$? that's REALLY cheap , a bargain if i might say so myself, for a synth of lush's quality. For me it is absolutely as good overall as diva, and that one is permanently 179..

I wish I could buy it for $47. I demoed it today and it sounds amazing.

I couldn't resist the offer and bought lush yesterday. So glad I did it. It sounds amazing and it is much more versatile than I thought. An underrated synth for sure.

shonoob wrote:
pdxindy wrote:It is a fairly plain synth... one layer is not exciting in terms of sound variety.

They did a great job on the layering system. Lush has quality sound but it's just too vanilla for me.
I apologize, I don't quite understand what you mean here, does it mean the sound is too simple or something?

Try the demo... see what you think. :-)

I love it, it's a supersaw monster. I made a video with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBD8g5oqUaU
~Pyrotek45

ford442 wrote:I actually sold my SH-101 in favor of keeping LUSH for it's Roland sound. I used Phoscyon for 303 for a time. Phoscyon has an emulation not as close as some other 303 clones, more on a melodic sweet side of a tone than true TB-303. I had Devastor, Drumazon and Nephaton but I think that I have now sold all of those in favor of AudioRealism. I have compared these for a long time to ABL Pro, ABL, DIVA, ACE, Synth Squad Strobe, Albino, Powercore 101 emulation, and a real SH-101. I found that Lush is very cool if you want SH-101 sound or retro monosynth in any form. Synth Squad's Strobe is along the same lines, cool and multi-core of a monosynth, but I am frustrated that I had to buy the whole 'Squad' and now I would have to pay to upgrade to get the new Strobe version.

Lush really is a great 101 emulation and indeed is cool as it claims with it's multi-layers! :)
That is fantastic! Have you got any tips on how to use it to its full extent/what I should do with it?

:party: :party: :party:

Thanks

I was thinking of selling my LuSH, but this made me give it another chance.
Not a fan of the D16 GUIs but the sound is more important.

If anyone is interested, I have a duplicate license of Lush-101 that I would let go for $70. It is a great bargain and I am only selling it because I just got the total bundle

On a side note: How did D16 created those beautiful images you find on the product page? You would say it are real photo's.
http://d16.pl/lush-101
Dúnedain

Got it on group buy the other day on jrrshop.
Can't stop playing with it. Amazing sounds. Got also Aiyn Zahev Flight Path sound bank which is absolutely fantastic and it shows how beatiful this VST really is.
TheoM is just about right regarding Lush at par with Diva and I would add also Synthix for the analog fidelity.

I used to dislike the GUI but some how this time I find it very practical and easy to get things done.

CPU .... Yes. Intense but the Multicore helps. In Reaper it's extremely efficient. PC W8.1

$47! You are not allow to think on this one! :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Dúnedain wrote:On a side note: How did D16 created those beautiful images you find on the product page? You would say it are real photo's.
http://d16.pl/lush-101
A good CAD designer and probably Keyshot or Maxwell renderer.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:Got also Aiyn Zahev Flight Path sound bank which is absolutely fantastic and it shows how beatiful this VST really is.
Lot's of love for LuSH-101 here as well. I would enthusiastically recommend the Ultimate Expansion sets from here:

www.audiomindproject.com

I have all three and think they are superb.

$47 is a damn steal for this plugin. Much butter than Sylenth1 for instance, and the layering function is really convenient. Also very versatile. For this price it's really a no brainer.

And yes, it's WAY better than Tal Bassline. This is more like an evolution of the original synth instead of a straight clone.

Return to “Instruments”