XILS StiX - New drum machine coming?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

lalo wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Example 5 19/11/2015, all StiX, even the bass thing, and the *chord*. Just a few patterns switching, and only the analog engines.

StiX DnB -Draft-
:love: can't wait! :-)
Thnaks for your interest. It should not be too long now :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Numanoid wrote:Launched on Black Friday with special deal? :hyper:
Wont be ready for it, but there will probably be a *black friday* intro price, so expect our own new *Black Friday* quite soon.

What I'm doing atm is to augment and enhance the Drumpads Presets Library. There will be a lot of Drumpad presets, with all macros already set for glorious actions. I'm also finalising a collaboration with one of the best ( to me at least, they are *the best* ) Drum Machines MultiSample Sets manufacturer. So you can expect some great Demo Drumkits presets using these top notch samples from old ladies, -if everything goes well- . Though StiX is mostly about Virtual Analog Synthesis, it can also use Drumkits made with samples only. Of course the mariage of both engines inside a single Drumpad, or Drumkit, can also make wonders.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Wont be ready for it, but there will probably be a *black friday* intro price, so expect our own new *Black Friday* quite soon.
xmas special? :wheee: :love:

lalo wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Wont be ready for it, but there will probably be a *black friday* intro price, so expect our own new *Black Friday* quite soon.
xmas special? :wheee: :love:
I think/hope_if_all_goes_well it will be *xmas before xmas*

Lotuzia wrote:
Wont be ready for it, but there will probably be a *black friday* intro price, so expect our own new *Black Friday* quite soon.
As long as that intro price goes after 19th January... I'll be soon away for a couple of weeks and would hate it, when I miss the intro price :pray: :pray: :pray:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
As long as that intro price goes after 19th January... I'll be soon away for a couple of weeks and would hate it, when I miss the intro price :pray: :pray: :pray:
I really don't know. 19th January seems a bit too far away in time. But well, we'll see.

It's sounding a bit like a Vermona DRM1, which I hate.
But seems like you have some pretty punchy envelopes going on there, and if the filters are anything like on Le Masque Delay (my fave)... I'm praying it has a good price, NO iLok (or eLicenser) and a nice GUI. And released this century.
You don't tease a man with vapour-ware virtual analog synth drums you hear!?

sqigls wrote:It's sounding a bit like a Vermona DRM1, which I hate.
But seems like you have some pretty punchy envelopes going on there, and if the filters are anything like on Le Masque Delay (my fave)... I'm praying it has a good price, NO iLok (or eLicenser) and a nice GUI. And released this century.
Hmmm, I listened again to a few Vermona DRM Mk IIII audio demos to refresh my ears. Nice machine. And it's true that in the D'N'B demo I posted above, they sound a bit similar. Wich is a compliment as I see it, because the DRM is quite pricey, and you should add a more than pricey and very capable analog sequencer to control it to get only a fraction of what StiX offers.

A fraction, because StiX is much more versatile than the DRM. It can load samples, can do cross synthesis, and FM with Sine Wave Shaping,it has Morphing Analog oscillators ( A la PolyKobol). And the Sequencer .... well, you'll see the sequencer.

It can also produce *analog* drums and percs sounds that have a totally different flavor than the Vermona.

Now, let's be honnest, I spotted a few nice sounds in the Vermona demos that StiX certainly can't match 100%, wich is understandable because the DRM is a true analog hardware Drum Machine, has special components, filters, envelopes with precise curves, oscillators etc, and that StiX has not been designed to be a 'Vermona' emulator at all. So Vermona has its own special character, and StiX has its own special character(s), that includes a lot of different possibilities, and a lot of them you won't find anywhere else.

I posted a few ( 4 iirc) audio demos in this thread that show some of these possibilities. And more will come.

As for the filters, StiX use 4th generation Zero-Delay-Feedback filters with non linearities. Compared to Le Masque Delay, some of the filters are different (ie they are modelled after different circuits ), and one is an enhanced (4rth gen) version, when this one in Le Masque was 3rd gen. So that you can expect at least the minimum same level of quality and authenticity.

Then, for vapourt-ware, Xils-Lab has never announced synthesizers that were never released, or 1/2/3 .... years in advance iirc. So should the century end in 2015, major chances there are that it will be released during *this century*.

And finally, Soft Ilok option will be available. It's a bit similar to NI C/R protection, has never been cr.cked, and the more important : You don't need a hardware dongle.

Please clarify how the cross synthesis is implemented: can the samples be cross synthesised with another part of the synthesis engine?

The announcement of XILS StiX coming was about a month ago.

Do we have a confirmed release date yet?

Lotuzia wrote:
Hmmm, I listened again to a few Vermona DRM Mk IIII audio demos to refresh my ears. Nice machine. And it's true that in the D'N'B demo I posted above, they sound a bit similar. Wich is a compliment as I see it, because the DRM is quite pricey, and you should add a more than pricey and very capable analog sequencer to control it to get only a fraction of what StiX offers.

A fraction, because StiX is much more versatile than the DRM. It can load samples, can do cross synthesis, and FM with Sine Wave Shaping,it has Morphing Analog oscillators ( A la PolyKobol). And the Sequencer .... well, you'll see the sequencer.

It can also produce *analog* drums and percs sounds that have a totally different flavor than the Vermona.

Now, let's be honnest, I spotted a few nice sounds in the Vermona demos that StiX certainly can't match 100%, wich is understandable because the DRM is a true analog hardware Drum Machine, has special components, filters, envelopes with precise curves, oscillators etc, and that StiX has not been designed to be a 'Vermona' emulator at all. So Vermona has its own special character, and StiX has its own special character(s), that includes a lot of different possibilities, and a lot of them you won't find anywhere else.

I posted a few ( 4 iirc) audio demos in this thread that show some of these possibilities. And more will come.

As for the filters, StiX use 4th generation Zero-Delay-Feedback filters with non linearities. Compared to Le Masque Delay, some of the filters are different (ie they are modelled after different circuits ), and one is an enhanced (4rth gen) version, when this one in Le Masque was 3rd gen. So that you can expect at least the minimum same level of quality and authenticity.

Then, for vapourt-ware, Xils-Lab has never announced synthesizers that were never released, or 1/2/3 .... years in advance iirc. So should the century end in 2015, major chances there are that it will be released during *this century*.

And finally, Soft Ilok option will be available. It's a bit similar to NI C/R protection, has never been cr.cked, and the more important : You don't need a hardware dongle.
I'd be hanging out for this plugin, instant purchase and all that.
But no more iLok. Never again.

sqigls wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

I'd be hanging out for this plugin, instant purchase and all that.
But no more iLok. Never again.
Hmm it's soft ilok, so its very similar to Native Intruments or other companies protection. I've never had a problem with soft ilok, but tbh I never had a problem with hardware Ilok dongle either. You can use Elicencer also if you prefer (this is actually the protection I use for all Xils-Lab products myself) . I've never heard of problems with Elicencer ( ie Cubase like protection but this time its only hardware its true ). But if you're both anti hardware dongle, and anti soft Ilok, I guess there's no solution for you for StiX. Very sorry for that.

Numanoid wrote:The announcement of XILS StiX coming was about a month ago.

Do we have a confirmed release date yet?
Yes it takes a little more time than expected. When the announcement of StiX was made, It thought it would be released around the end of November, but could not give a precise date of course. I'm nearly in the same position now btw. I think it will be released before Xmas. No 100% guarantee on this, but seems *reasonable* to me. Though simple to operate for users, StiX is a very complex machinery.

atukao wrote:Please clarify how the cross synthesis is implemented: can the samples be cross synthesised with another part of the synthesis engine?
Yes thats the idea. With nearly all parts of the synthesis engines btw ( like modulating a LFO rate with a sample )

In this demo I used cross synthesis to modulate analog oscillators with samples for the BD, Snare and HHs modules. You dont actually hear the samples ( their output is zeroed), what you hear exactly is : Samples modulating analog oscillators.

Cross Synthesis Journey

There's probably a lot more to explore in cross synthesis.

These demos are really selling the sequencer, puts Softube Heartbeat to shame IMO.
Plus I love the sound of StiX, cant wait to molest this thing with my greasy sweaty hands
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”