Best 25-key Midi Keyboard for Cubase?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I want to get a quality midi controller that integrates seamlessly with Cubase 7.5

* Nektar Impact LX
* Akai MPK Mini MKII 25
* Novation Launchkey 25

From my research, the Akai MPK offers the best build-quality, but does not integrate with DAW's as well as the others. It seems that the Nektar offers the best integration Cubase. Any feedback from users? Your experiences and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

What are you mainly looking for? Features (buttons, sliders, encoders)? Portability? Build quality? I highly dislike the Akai mini keyboards because of low build quality, and the keys themselves feel cheap. I have an M Audio oxygen 25, which has plenty of features and is solidly built, doesn't cost much, and I've been very happy with it. I've heard good things about Nektar, but have no firsthand experience with it or the launchkey.

I would at minimum get the Panorama P4. BUT since you seem bent on a smaller keyboard (which I understand) yes the Impact LX is the most integrated. The Nektar products are really awesome. I have the P6 and don't have to look at the screen while I work (same with the Push 2).

I'm picking up a Nektar Impact LX 25 this week to have at my desk. I'm buying this because I really like my Nektar P6!

I'm tired of the way too small Korg Nanokey, I even tried a Microkey 37. The Microkey 37 has some quality issues I just can't ignore.

I think the LX 25 will be just right. :D
Peace...
bluzkat

have you looked at the Samson Graphite 25
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”