Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Numanoid wrote:I'm only finding 120 program/patches in the Rapture Pro Factory Library, is it supposed to be so skimpy?:

12: Atmospheric
03: Bass Guitars
27: Bass Synth
02: Brass
01: Drum Kits
02: Electric Guitars
08: Electric Piano
01: Grooves
22: Lead Synth
01: Orchestral Stacks
09: Organs
10: Pattern Synth
09: Percussion
02: Pianos
05: Sound FX
01: Splits
03: Strings
01: Vocals
01: Woodwinds
01: World Instruments
Yep. Very few new patches to show off what this new incarnation of Rapture is capable of.

I have not installed any of the soundpacks that download separately. Is there anything good in there?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I purchased Rapture Pro to get a newer version of Rapture that would incorporate my Dimension Pro presets (it always made perfect sense to me that the two products be integrated). Now, had I known that Cakewalk were going to release "Rapture Session" for Sonar Platinum users, I would have saved my money and just gone with that. :x
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Yep, those packs must indeed be installed, I thought that happened automatically when I started the installation offline yesterday but they didn't

I installed the Rapture pack from CCC now, and that gave me close to new 1300 progs, listed under Rapture Classic library.

tonedef71 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I'm only finding 120 program/patches in the Rapture Pro Factory Library, is it supposed to be so skimpy?:

12: Atmospheric
03: Bass Guitars
27: Bass Synth
02: Brass
01: Drum Kits
02: Electric Guitars
08: Electric Piano
01: Grooves
22: Lead Synth
01: Orchestral Stacks
09: Organs
10: Pattern Synth
09: Percussion
02: Pianos
05: Sound FX
01: Splits
03: Strings
01: Vocals
01: Woodwinds
01: World Instruments
Yep. Very few new patches to show off what this new incarnation of Rapture is capable of.

I have not installed any of the soundpacks that download separately. Is there anything good in there?
That doesn't sound right, I have 95 in Atmospheric alone (and that's just for Rapture Pro factory content - plus another 242 for Rapture/Classic/Atmospheric and 646 for Dimension/Atmospheric).

aMUSEd wrote:That doesn't sound right, I have 95 in Atmospheric alone (and that's just for Rapture Pro factory content - plus another 242 for Rapture/Classic/Atmospheric and 646 for Dimension/Atmospheric).
As others on KVR have reported, Cakewalk has repackaged the downloadable content for Rapture Pro. While I have downloaded both versions of the extra soundpacks, I have yet to install any of them. Rapture Pro had already recognized all of my existing legacy content. As far as the number of Rapture Pro factory presets that Numanoid is reporting, those are the very same ones I see in my installation of Rapture Pro.

aMUSEd wrote:That doesn't sound right, I have 95 in Atmospheric alone (and that's just for Rapture Pro factory content - plus another 242 for Rapture/Classic/Atmospheric and 646 for Dimension/Atmospheric).
Yeah, I have figured out that those 120 patches are those that are included in the Rapture Pro installer exe.

I thought that clicking that yesterday it installed everything I had in the folder including all the expansions I had downloaded (10.1GB) but it didn't

I'm installing the expansion content now.

Yeah, now it is more like it, I have 16730 progs in my Rapture Pro folder, and I have yet to install all the expansions packs found in the CCC :tu:

Numanoid wrote:Either I have been misinformed or it have been changed, but there is no need to use the Cakewalk Command Center to install Rapture Pro.

There is also an option to download the files from your profile, and install them the old fashioned way. I like :tu:
My experience of the last two days, that even though there is no need to use CCC, it is a lot more beneficial to do so

I have learnt my lesson :wink:

Numanoid wrote:Yeah, now it is more like it, I have 16730 progs in my Rapture Pro folder
Which of the packs gave you that content?

Num, have you upgraded from the old Rapture? Do you consider it enough of an improvement to recommend it? Any criticisms?

mutantdog wrote:Num, have you upgraded from the old Rapture? Do you consider it enough of an improvement to recommend it? Any criticisms?
Yes, at the price of $53 for me it is worth it.

The Element section in Rapture Pro which breaks down the possible 6 parts of a prog, is much more inviting and easy to get into then I found in Rapture or Dimension Pro, it really makes tweaking a prog in detail that much easier

It is tempting, Rapture is a great synth and i still use it a fair bit. The GUI is really the only thing that annoys me about it, I'd probably be happy to upgrade based on that alone.

I might wait for a New Year sale and check out the demo in the meantime.

I wonder why the Atmospheric patches in Rapture Pro is illustrated by the Alesis Andromeda lookalike, do the samples in that category all come from that synth?

If you use the 'verbose' setting in CCC you should get installation options, but as far as I know you should with the 'standalone' installers also. . . so. I gave up on Rapture Pro long ago, after it's initial release and the issues it had, the the subsequent 'updates' which were said to fix certain things and did not, I have since given up on Sonar as well (don't really like the subscription model and the one step forward 2 steps back feeling, and the permanent unpaid BETA tester feeling you get), the only cake stuff I use now are Dim Pro, Rapture and Z3TA+2, but I dare not update Z3TA+2 to the latest version as it appears to be a bit of a disaster, and from what I gather requires CCC at least for the authorization, (not 100% sure on that, but from what I read ???)
Say NO to CLAP!

tonedef71 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Yeah, now it is more like it, I have 16730 progs in my Rapture Pro folder
Which of the packs gave you that content?
So far I have downloaded D1/2, Rapture Classic, Atmospheric, Synths

I just searched the Rapture Pro folder for "*.prog" which gave me the number 16730

I have left to download, Guitar & Bass (yawn), Keys, Orchestral, Percussion, Sound FX, World Instruments

Return to “Instruments”