FXPansion Bloom and Soundtoys Primal Tap

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the current BF deals I am wondering the following:

I am still looking for a versatile easy to use delay workhorse (I have FF Timeless 2 amongst others but never use it since I HATE its UI and potentially its sound as well (never seem to be able to dial in something that actually sounds good)) - my favourite delay so far would be Bootsie's NastyDLA (which I find extremely musical and easy to use, quite unlike Timeless) but I am on 64bit now...

PrimalTap seems to be somewhat similar somehow (albeit - unlike NAstDLA - being decidedly digital) - I watched some demo videos and both loved what I heard and what I saw but:

the same goes even more so for Bloom which seems to be amazingly powerful and versatile and great sounding so I will definitely purchase this latter one - now my actual question to those who are really familiar with those two:

how much sense does it make to get PrimalTap in addition to Bloom? What can PrimalTap do that Bloom in digital mode does not offer? Does it sound "better" for certain things?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm also in your position. Nastydla is such an amazing plugin, it puts several commercial delays to shame. But having to use 32bit wrappers is so annoying. I have replika which is meh, a bit too basic, and sigmund, which is a full blown delay laboratory for intense sound design sessions. Bloom does looks like something that would be fun and novel to assign to hardware and just jam with.

Look at SoundToys Echoboy (often recommended by many people) and Waves H-Delay also

Return to “Effects”