Raise and lower level into amp effects loop?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few years ago, I had a Vox rack unit that had an input/output gain control, and a tube in the middle for warmth. It was designed to run in the effects loop of your amp so you could adjust the input and output gain between your effects and the amp. I ended up selling it, and now that I'm trying to replace it, I can't find one anywhere. Is there anything else on the market that will do the same thing? I could care less if it has a tube in it. I can't get the effects loop signal as loud as I want when it hits my lexicon effects rack, and I need to lower the signal before it goes back into the loop. Using an ESP H-1007 into a Laney Ironheart Studio at the moment.
What sound do dreams make when they die?

There is a switch to set Laney fx loop return to 0dB or -10dB - so setting to -10dB will probably work better.
Haven't tested if switch also change output send level - but manual suggest it does increase gain, probably on return side.

"-10dBu - For connection of FX units with a -10dBu nominal output level. As this is intended for devices with a lower output level, this switch increases the gain of the FX Loop by 10dB."

What about the lexicon - no switch for -10dB and +4dB - there usually is?
Have been on the rack units I had.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”