D16 LuSH-101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone own/use this or have any experience using this synth? I own Bitwig so I have a 75% discount on any single D16 plugin, this one caught my eye and at $47 (regular 189), I just wanted to ask what you guys thought about this plugin, or perhaps even D16 plugins in general? I have never used any of their plugins so I cant really decide by their quality, but i've heard many good things.

Thanks! :tu: :tu: :tu: :D :D :phones: :phones:

Absolutly great for Retro electronica or 80's funk.

I also have Sigmund and Antresol, I use them on every track. Add Awesome coloration to the sound.

LuSH101 is an awesome synth and for $47 is a no brainer steal. It's 8 layers are the secret for me. It is possible to get some very complex sounds. It can be somewhat CPU demanding so I'd recommend trying the demo on your system to see how it performs/sounds to you....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

slyte wrote:I also have Sigmund and Antresol, I use them on every track. Add Awesome coloration to the sound.
I'd love to use my 75% discount, if you had to recommend a single D16 plugin which one would you recommend? Currently as I said I am looking at LuSH-101 mainly, but wouldn't mind looking at a few options.
slyte wrote:Absolutly great for Retro electronica or 80's funk.
That is great, I don't have anything for that sort of niche yet.

for 47$ it's a no brainer. this is one of the best vst synths to jam with.

sigmund is great, it's just very involved for a delay. I often end up just fiddling presets. better seen as a multi-fx box imo

silverline is awesome if you like that style of plugin, I use them all the time.

It's sound is top shelf but you should know, if you make dance/trance/edm what ever you guys want to call it now. It is cpu intensive. So don't complain about it. You've been told. Also, it's font can be small on a small screen/laptop. So you may find that annoying. It's a steal at that price and you should jump on it.

Dasheesh wrote:It's sound is top shelf but you should know, if you make dance/trance/edm what ever you guys want to call it now. It is cpu intensive. So don't complain about it. You've been told. Also, it's font can be small on a small screen/laptop. So you may find that annoying. It's a steal at that price and you should jump on it.
I've seen people say that a lot, how bad is it? Can you compare it to something like Xfer Serum? :help: :cry:

Thanks!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :party: :party: :party: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :party: :party: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones: :phones:

For me it was comparable to dune2 on higher quality settings. It's 8 different engines going at once, so the more engines you use, the more cpu.

wanted to add... it does support multi core.

Honestly i would go to the website and have a look at all the features.
http://d16.pl/lush-101/overview

In terms of Synthesis in comparison to Serum, this is a VA synthesizer so it's emulating an analog synthesizer design. You'll find it is much "warmer" sounding than serum, and is great for creating those old school dance analog synthesizer sounds.

It is quite powerful since you can basically use 8 layers to create one sound. This is like if you had 8 synth keyboards dedicated to just one sound..

This means you could load up ONE instance of Lush-101 and use the first layer doing a lead, and layer2 doing a bass sound, maybe have layer3 doing a pad sound.

Then when you play keyboard one it plays all these sounds together as one. Or you can split all the layers to a key zone on the keyboard and trigger the sounds this way. Or you can send midi tracks in to each keyboard (layer) and use it this way.

Anyhow this plugin is pretty awesome and works well in just about any kind of genre. If you need a VA type synthesizer this is easily one that is on par with Diva, Synthsquad in terms of quality.
:borg:

shonoob wrote:I've seen people say that a lot, how bad is it?
Like I said the best thing to do is try the demo on your system. That's the only way you'll know how it performs for you. Simple patches are not that CPU intensive but remember it's basically 8 synths layered in one so it's possible to push demand at extreme settings. I would expect as much from almost any complex synth with a high quality sound..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

speaking of lush, they announced that there would be a second fx slot per layer in an update, like, way back. I'm disappointed in the general lack of updates, but I understand that it was in development for a long time.

acYm wrote:speaking of lush, they announced that there would be a second fx slot per layer in an update, like, way back. I'm disappointed in the general lack of updates, but I understand that it was in development for a long time.
Do think they might update it still?

hard to say, there used to be some future development timeline on their site, that's gone, and no new updates in nearly a year

I mean, is the synth perfectly usable and worthwhile, for sure yes, but imo deserved more support

Return to “Instruments”