Ozone 7 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

Thanks!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

thomaskyhn wrote:Does anyone know if this version is optimized for retina screens?
Anything dynamic like the waveforms or meters is indeed optimized for retina.

SeanGreen wrote:Anything dynamic like the waveforms or meters is indeed optimized for retina.
Thanks for the info!

Ozone 5 had 7 modules to activate.

Ozone 7 only allows 6 modules at one time although there are 8 different modules available.

Am I missing something here?

I still don't have any coupons in my account from Izotope to upgrade from Ozone 6 Advanced. I have sent 2 emails 2 weeks apart using their contact support web page and a 3rd separate email to support@izotope.com with absolutely nothing but an automated response. Have checked spam filters.

Is this typical Izotope support?

Feel like selling Ozone 6 Advanced and getting on with my life.

adamts13 wrote:I still don't have any coupons in my account from Izotope to upgrade from Ozone 6 Advanced. I have sent 2 emails 2 weeks apart using their contact support web page and a 3rd separate email to support@izotope.com with absolutely nothing but an automated response. Have checked spam filters.

Is this typical Izotope support?

Feel like selling Ozone 6 Advanced and getting on with my life.
Sorry this is giving you trouble! Please shoot me an email with the email address you've been using and I'll look into it as soon as I can Monday morning! evan@izotope.com

All sorted. Thank very much.

Great update guys! Great new features, workflow, and GUI revision. Real-time codec preview is a wonderful feature, and something I have thought someone should do for several years now. Really really great!

The new IV maximizer mode is very clean! Just used it on a solo piano album. (nothing drastic, but prior to IV I was still preferring L2 to Ozone in many cases.)

You guys are doing great work as always! Congrats. :tu:

Ozone 7 (Advanced) is indeed a big leap forward, I'm just demoing it now after refusing to do so for a while, but resistance is futile in this case.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can rest assured, Ozone7 Advanced is marvelous.

yep.. i give it overall a 9/10, and if it didn't remove the expander/gate on the multiband dynamics, and had the options of a floating band, i would give it 10. But every other department for me it is a perfect 10. price/value, features, sound quality, ergonomics. it's only the multiband comp that gets the 7/10 for me. I would also like control over slope steepness in the crossovers for all effects, but perhaps that's in there and i haven't even noticed it lol.

i think VFM wise, the izotope production bundle (whatever the one with ozone advanced, trash2, nectar pro, alloy 2 and insight is), is a really outstanding bundle for mixing and mastering of all genres. It can be had for well under rrp at a reseller. (plus, izotope do do sales).

You got your delay (trash,nectar), EQ (alloy, ozone), tape (ozone),syncing filters inc vowel (trash), saturation/distortion (ozone, alloy, trash,nectar), dynamics (alloy, ozone, nectar), visual meters galore (insight), pitch correction (nectar), breath removal (nectar), reverb (nectar), doubling (nectar), and more.

It's actually a complete mixing and mastering package.

I'd like to see them offer an all purpose reverb with more tweaking possible, otherwise it's probably the most complete package on the market. It feels like a step up from waves gold sans the flanger and doppler, but all in a neat concise package rather than 30 plugins.

Slope steepness can be adjusted in the Options for every multiband module, using the Crossover Q control. The adjustment is only available for a Digital (linear-phase) crossover mode.

Just want to toss out there that I too am loving Ozone 7 Advanced, the new vintage plugins are superb sounding, they are like the icing one the cake IMHO. Well worth the upgrade cost. It's just an all around nice mastering package!
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

Really wish Izotope would put in a "replace wave file" function in the standalone version! Can't believe this is still not there, as this oversight makes it impractical to use for an album project. It is true that you can rename your new wave file to be the same as the old one and swap it out in the Ozone project folder, but this is an ugly and confusing hack. Izotope, please add this function in a point update :)

Loving using Ozone, but I will have to go back to using it in my DAW, rather than the standalone.

Alexey Lukin wrote:Slope steepness can be adjusted in the Options for every multiband module, using the Crossover Q control. The adjustment is only available for a Digital (linear-phase) crossover mode.

ta, that's why i never noticed it then, as i always leave it in the default hybrid mode.. I never eve changed the crossover mode, cause i was so satisfied with the default (and did the null tests to prove they were perfect crossovers even though "hybrid" rather than pure linear phase - also the best choice for quality vs lower latency).

Will check it out though!

I do miss the multiband gate, in fact izotope told me point blank it was never coming back.. they DID seem "open minded" to me starting a poll though, to see if anyone else really missed it like I do.

Their reasoning was that ozone is a mastering tool and gates aren't used in those circumstances, my reply reasoning was that ozone advanced with the individual modules is *very much also* a mixing tool, and the frequency dependant gate would be very useful in those circumstances.

In fact, I often use the MBC on individual tracks.. sometimes something has a "harshness" in a frequency but only comes out at certain volumes.. this is when you don't want to just cut it out with a static EQ.. I used to use phonoxone terminator direct X to do this, when i was on windows, but now I use the izotope. I can hone in on the offending frequencies(s) and set the threshold so the compression occurs only when i need it.

Pro MB is also very useful for this task, probably even a bit better.

Anyway point being i believe Ozone is very much more than just a mastering tool!

Return to “Effects”