Win 10 "deletes" your software if it doesn't like it

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apparently the last update enables MS to disable your software if it doesn't like it. :o

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/comp ... s-programs

Including stuff like AMD's Catalyst software.
Linux is getting more attractive every day.
Wait for me Ardour, here I come?

Are you serious?

Ayorinde wrote:Win7 is getting more attractive every day.
Fixed that for you :wink:

Ayorinde wrote: A tin foil hat is getting more attractive every day.
Fixed the fix. :P

Numanoid wrote:
Nope, Win7 also gets/got these "user friendliness" updates :wink: But on Win7 you can uninstall them and exclude them from future updates. I don't remember where, but there was a page with the exact names (KB....) of these 3 or 4 updates.

Numanoid wrote:
:dog:
Almost wish I'd kept my PortoStudio. Almost. :D
chk071 wrote:Are you serious?
According to the article...
Saw it first on SOS forum and also Steinbergs. (Referencing the same article.)

chk071 wrote:
Ayorinde wrote: A tin foil hat is getting more attractive every day.
Fixed the fix. :P
:D :D :D

Ayorinde wrote:
chk071 wrote:Are you serious?
According to the article...
Saw it first on SOS forum and also Steinbergs. (Referencing the same article.)
The article title already says it all... "Windows is malware". Really, how dumb does it get? Fine for you if you found your OS in Linux, there's really no need to distribute bullshit about other OS's then, or propagate Linux use online.

You know, it's not related, but i thought about adding a sig to my account at some time, "Ever wondered if someone uses Linux? Don't worry, they'll tell you." Linux users are all the same. Never enough to use the alternative, always underground OS, no, they always have to propagate it wherever they can. Just like vegans. It's nothing personal against you, but this thread really rows in well with that attitude. Just ask yourself why noone propagates Windows use online, or elsewhere. Yeah, probably because it's teh evil, and such a bad crap that the whole world uses it, hah.

This heavy handedness of recent MS behaviour is one of the reasons I've stuck with the last version of Vista (with windows update being switched off for at least the last 2 years). It's like a super advanced XP without the dumbing down of 7 and further iterations privacy/control shenanigans.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

That article is the total bullcrap. Fact. Reads like a political message full of emo schmuh.

chk071 wrote:That article is the total bullcrap. Fact. Reads like a political message full of emo schmuh.
But it's not bullcrap though is it.

I didn't even read past the Headline. "Windows is malware" is as bullcrap as it can get. Not only is the use of the term "malware" wrong, but stating that Windows is malware is equally wrong. Must be fun to bash on popular stuff the people like to use. Anyway, if you Need some examples, it has been stated that people were "forced to upgrade to Windows 10". Wrong. Then it was stated that your drivers get updated without your knowledge. Wrong. Next was the litany about security risky features, which are either deactivatable, or deactivated by default. Really, there never has been as much trashtalk about Windows as now with Windows 10.

We all know how 'delicate' music computers can be. Multiple licensing centres etc. Plugin installs that rely on certain .dll's hidden deep in the system32 folder etc. We've all experienced the odd hiccup with this kind of thing - stuff mysteriously missing after an update or a dodgy install. Now imagine a whole other layer of uncertainty on top of this as illustrated here. That's how the latest versions of Windows makes me feel.

Running as solid, stable, and issue free as XP, Vista, 7 and 8.1 here... i really can't comprehend the fuss about it. But then, i can't comprehend the fuss about so many things these days.

That's why I'm still on 8.1.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”