Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

The element sections of Rapture Pro is the saving grace, it brings old samples back to life

Numanoid wrote:How many programs does Rapture Pro Library come with?

The Atmospheric download was like 1.8 GB, but installed I only find 12 programs?

In general I don't find many progs, under the different types

Hope I did something wrong, please tell me there is more :pray:
12 Programs is all I have under Atmosphere. I have yet to install any of the separate factory bundle downloads. I wonder if the ones that come with Rapture Session are already contained by Rapture Pro.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Numanoid wrote:Keep this in mind, seems yet to be the case:
gnosis123 wrote:b) it apparently only supports AU and VST3, not VST2.4, so no VST goodness within Live, BWS, Kore...
Metaplugin is VST2, but yet can load VST3 stuff....

First impression for me is that the Rapture Pro lib is total meh. It's like a souped up version of Cakewalk sound center

But the Element section really does make old samples come back to life, I'm going through some Digital Sound Factory libs, and the filter is screaming for real :hyper:

lfm wrote:Metaplugin is VST2, but yet can load VST3 stuff....
When I installed Rapture Pro plug, it didn't ask me where I want it to be installed.

Only place I found VST to be installed is in the VST3 (default) directory

Numanoid wrote:
lfm wrote:Metaplugin is VST2, but yet can load VST3 stuff....
When I installed Rapture Pro plug, it didn't ask me where I want it to be installed.

Only place I found VST to be installed is in the VST3 (default) directory
I have come to realize that the Cakewalk standalone installers do not ask you where to install the main program (it uses C:\Program Files ...\...); it only allows selection for VST paths and sample paths.

If you are like me and prefer to install your software to non-typical locations, be prepared to make changes to the Windows Registry with regedit.exe to get Cakewalk to recognize your preferred installation locations.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

mutantdog wrote:So how much less does the new update suck?
Sucks every bit as much as far as I'm concerned. A Rapture Pro incompatibility with Cubase that I reported about six months ago and which should be trivial to reproduce is still there. I give up - Rapture Pro is worthless to me.

Any improvement on the Mac side with installation issues and whatnot?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

tonedef71 wrote:I have come to realize that the Cakewalk standalone installers do not ask you where to install the main program (it uses C:\Program Files ...\...); it only allows selection for VST paths and sample paths.
I didn't get asked for VST installation path, I only got prompted at install if I wanted to install 32 bit or 64bit

I could change where the progs and the sample content where to be installed, but not the VST path

Available as: VST3 | AU | AAX

Anybody tried how it works in Pro Tools ?

Numanoid wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:I have come to realize that the Cakewalk standalone installers do not ask you where to install the main program (it uses C:\Program Files ...\...); it only allows selection for VST paths and sample paths.
I didn't get asked for VST installation path, I only got prompted at install if I wanted to install 32 bit or 64bit

I could change where the progs and the sample content where to be installed, but not the VST path
I re-ran the standalone installer for the latest update... you are right. When installing with the Cakewalk Command Center (which I try to avoid), I know that the VST installation paths are set here:Image

I wonder if the new standalone installers are using these CCC settings as well. :shrug:

If that is indeed the case, then the CCC is still involved in the install process whether we use the standalone installers, or not. :borg:

tonedef71 wrote:If that is indeed the case, then the CCC is still involved in the install process whether we use the standalone installers, or not. :borg:

It goes to show that it is best to install with CCC, I installed Rapture Pro offline and then I had less opportunites to define where files/content where to be placed.

It cannot be activated offline, one has to use CCC to do that, so it is inevitable that CCC must be installed anyhow if one wish to use Rapture Pro

Numanoid wrote:It goes to show that it is best to install with CCC, I installed Rapture Pro offline and then I had less opportunites to define where files/content where to be placed.

It cannot be activated offline, one has to use CCC to do that, so it is inevitable that CCC must be installed anyhow if one wish to use Rapture Pro
Indeed. I have reached the same conclusion. Thankfully, the Windows registry editor can be used to make adjustments for Windows installations.

I do not like this lack of flexibility in the new Cakewalk installers. When I installed Sonar Professional in the past, the granularity of the installers back then let you select down to the individual instruments and sets of effects to install (e.g. DreamStation DXi2 was usually unchecked by default for a 64-bit install).

The instrument page is useless on Dim Pro/Rapture libs.

There are 8 macro control knobs on the instrument page, but it seems impossible to assign any function to those knobs, like cutoff, delay, reverb etc

That is only available on the Rapture Pro factory library, and the assigned function can't be changed, so I can't change "Detune" to "Reverb" for example.

Am I overlooking something, or is this the case?

I'm only finding 120 program/patches in the Rapture Pro Factory Library, is it supposed to be so skimpy?:

12: Atmospheric
03: Bass Guitars
27: Bass Synth
02: Brass
01: Drum Kits
02: Electric Guitars
08: Electric Piano
01: Grooves
22: Lead Synth
01: Orchestral Stacks
09: Organs
10: Pattern Synth