IK Multimedia Mic Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't see a post on this yet.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmicroom/

Mic Room is a microphone-modeling tool for T-RackS that puts a world-class collection of over 20 classic and contemporary microphones at your fingertips. It gives you the power to process and "re-mike" your physical microphones to sound and perform like some of the most coveted mic models of all time.

With dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphone models to choose from (plus other unconventional and highly creative models), it offers an inspiring and essential array of tone sculpting tools that are conveniently ready for use as a T-RackS module in your DAW of choice.

Professional sound quality

Just like all the gear and modules in T-RackS, Mic Room offers an astonishing level of detail and accuracy. Each of its virtual microphone models boasts the true frequency response, nuanced character and specific sound of its physical counterpart. This means you can tap into the harmonic complexity of tube condensers, the "in-your-face" tone of dynamics and the velvety smoothness of ribbon mics. You can even get a dose of inspiration via Mic Room's quirkier models.
I'm looking forward to trying this on a few recordings i have.

Curious to read your opinions, as I don't have a mic here.

kj.metissage wrote:Curious to read your opinions, as I don't have a mic here.
Do you have any of the modeled microphones? They can also be used as source...

I don't own any microphone, yet.

But may do so in the future, so I'm interested to hear opinions.

can this be demoed?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmicroom/ wrote:
The Custom Shop
This audio processor module is part of T-RackS CS "Custom Shop" Mixing and Mastering Plug-In Collection. With T-RackS CS you can:
  • install all of the available modules at once
    directly access Custom Shop online store from the module for immediate trial or purchase
    try out any processor for a full 14 day trial period
    purchase any module with credits (via Custom Shop) or currency (via Custom Shop or IK online store)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

sooo... if i get a sound in amplitube with an SM57, and use Mic Room to remodel it into an U87, it's supposed to sound identical to me just using the U87 in amplitube?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

This might be the first module I'd pick up in ages (70EUR + VAT, so roughly 85EUR - not going the "microtransactions" route). Especially since I've been bugging IKM for something like this for years.

But I do have some concerns.

a) are really all listed microphones shipped?
b) what about more "source" mics, not just "the usual suspects"?
c) are upgrades with more mics planned? (I'd love to see some electret condensers, and more Carbon Types)
d) are the iRig mics planned to be released with XLR ports?

And I can't seem to ignore the fact, that this is now T-Racks 4.9(!). So I assume this is the end of the line for T-Racks (every module "addition" also equaled a jump of .2 numbers mostly). T-Racks 5 (maybe not CS) is on front doors and will cost a fee to upgrade. Just like AT4 (for which there is no Custom Shop yet).

Don't know how I feel about that personally.
But, something to keep on the radar.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

AT4 is Custom Shop savvy.

Fleer wrote:AT4 is Custom Shop savvy.
Up until recently (I haven't checked my account in a while, and neither did I get a mail that my account has been updated), there was no AT4 Custom Shop alone. Only AT4, "savvy"?!

Language, please.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:And I can't seem to ignore the fact, that this is now T-Racks 4.9(!). So I assume this is the end of the line for T-Racks (every module "addition" also equaled a jump of .2 numbers mostly).
it used to be that way, however some time in the last decade 4.10 became different from 4.1. IK is following that, as illustrated by amplitube having version 3.14 before amplitube 4 was released.

Compyfox wrote:This might be the first module I'd pick up in ages (70EUR + VAT, so roughly 85EUR - not going the "microtransactions" route). Especially since I've been bugging IKM for something like this for years.

But I do have some concerns.

a) are really all listed microphones shipped?
b) what about more "source" mics, not just "the usual suspects"?
c) are upgrades with more mics planned? (I'd love to see some electret condensers, and more Carbon Types)
d) are the iRig mics planned to be released with XLR ports?

And I can't seem to ignore the fact, that this is now T-Racks 4.9(!). So I assume this is the end of the line for T-Racks (every module "addition" also equaled a jump of .2 numbers mostly). T-Racks 5 (maybe not CS) is on front doors and will cost a fee to upgrade. Just like AT4 (for which there is no Custom Shop yet).

Don't know how I feel about that personally.
But, something to keep on the radar.
a) Of course, the page http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trmicroom states which mics are included, and they are. You can try the demo if you want to know exactly how all of it works and what's there too.

b) This is the starting point, we will see how Mic Room for T-RackS is used and go from there.

c) See b.

d) I know of no such plans right now. If this changes, we will share that news.

So unless iRig Mics are shipped with XLR ports rather than USB ports for "studio usage" *cough*, among the cleanest mics in the bunch is the AGK C414.

If there will be MIC upgrade packs for 5-10bucks INCL VAT, I'm interested.

Still leaves the question if this is the end of the line for T-Racks 4 and T-Racks 5 is on front doors. But seeing that AT4 CS was released a couple of weeks POST AT4's regular release... I still have hope for a somewhat fair treatment of longtime users.

Do i understand it correctly that for this thing to work you need one of the source microphones? So if i have none of the mentioned microphones, it would be rather useless?
And in the screenshot of the source dropdown on the product page i can see an entry "telephone". Does that mean i can sing into my phone, record that and the plugin creates a U67 sound from that? :D

Looks interesting. Nebula had a U87 emulation in the free version, and while it didn't take into account the source microphone characteristics it did add something useful to the tracks I tried it on.
I think that this needs a neutral (flat) source mic setting for those who don't own one of the mics currently on the list. Presumably if it's popular IKM will release a mic specifically for it.
It'd be nice to see classic preamps modelled as well.

Return to “Effects”