Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Updates for Rapture pro and Z3ta2 is available now.

I have the original Rapture, I read that Rapture Pro has 4,000 presets, does anybody who had the original Rapture, and has now bought Rapture Pro, know how many of the 4,000 presets are new? I don't know how many Rapture had, sorry if this has already been answered in this thread already.

ps Sound on Sound December 2015 issue has a long (five page? or thereabouts) review of it.

So how much less does the new update suck?

Cakewalk launch BF sale now, upgrade to Rapture Pro is just $53

Tempting to grab the upgrade, but have the latest updates of the software made it that much better, than the lackluster reviews the plug got when it was released?

Numanoid wrote:Cakewalk launch BF sale now, upgrade to Rapture Pro is just $53

Tempting to grab the upgrade, but have the latest updates of the software made it that much better, than the lackluster reviews the plug got when it was released?
What Numanoid said, want to know as well. I shouldn't even bother after what they did w OSX support all these years but it's one of my favorite synth...

Either I have been misinformed or it have been changed, but there is no need to use the Cakewalk Command Center to install Rapture Pro.

There is also an option to download the files from your profile, and install them the old fashioned way. I like :tu:

Numanoid wrote:Either I have been misinformed or it have been changed, but there is no need to use the Cakewalk Command Center to install Rapture Pro.
Really? Rapture Pro has always required Cakewalk Command Center to perform authorization; otherwise, it would only run in demo mode at every start up.

Has Rapture Pro been updated recently to work differently? If so, then that would be news to me.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I have cursed a lot about first Rapture Pro version thought I get a real nice upgrade price from the old rapture (which came out of a magazine so cost nothing, good deal in that way) but I must say I am really overwhelmed by the new update, especially with the new (FREE !!!) Rapture Session version and integration of Cakewalk sound center (dont know if you have to own Sonar Artist like I do for this).

Now really EVRYTHING together under one hood, much better readability, easy favorit function with extra favorit soundbank, wow, dont think in case of sample orientated stuff I will need anything else. And with Dimension Pro for the soundscape and pad sounds.....

Of course it took a while (and disk space) to update all the soundbanks and the extra soundcenter stuff but it is really worth it.

Havent tried out though in case of CPU-use, not sure how many instances my older pc will take, but this update you can really call a development I would say.

tonedef71 wrote:Really? Rapture Pro has always required Cakewalk Command Center to perform authorization; otherwise, it would only run in demo mode at every start up.
What they say is:

"This product is most easily installed by using Cakewalk Command Center"

They don't say that CCC must be used to register the product.

When I jumped the shark and bought the upgrade now, I could download rapture pro + the libs (total 10.1GB) directly from my Cakewalk account, where I also found the serial

I am about to clean up my HDD to get the space to install it, I'm hoping that I only get asked to provide the serial while installing, the good old offline Cakewalk way :pray:

Numanoid,

I am not sure cause I have installed over command center but it downloaded the separated soundbanks as *.exe files, installed them and left them on the disk in program data/cakewalk/commandcenter/downloads, so I think it should work the same downloading and starting the *.exe manual.

Crikey! I just signed into my Cakewalk account and see that Rapture Pro has been updated since my last visit, as has Z3ta+ 2. I also now see that Rapture Session now.

Should owners of Rapture Pro even bother downloading/installing Rapture Session and its set of sounds?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Keep this in mind, seems yet to be the case:
gnosis123 wrote:b) it apparently only supports AU and VST3, not VST2.4, so no VST goodness within Live, BWS, Kore...

A very nice set of bugfixes in z3ta+ v2.2, I must say.

What I have learned with Rapture Pro so far

I thought I needed 15 GB of space to accommodate the install, turns out Rapture Pro only has taken 1GB, I guess perhaps because I already had Dim Pro and Rapture on my HDD with a lot of expansions? :o

It looks like my Dim Pro and Rapture patches have been automatically incorporated into Rapture Pro :)

It is not very CPU hungry :tu:

In FL Studio 11 when I try to deattach the channel so that I can view it full screen, the plug crashes. Goda*n annoying because I can't view the whole interface of the mixer or option screen without deatching it :x :help:

How many programs does Rapture Pro Library come with?

The Atmospheric download was like 1.8 GB, but installed I only find 12 programs?

In general I don't find many progs, under the different types

Hope I did something wrong, please tell me there is more :pray:

Return to “Instruments”