KX77FREE = awesome synth but circular knobs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

Hello! A simple question regarding this wonderful free synth!

I can't seem to grasp the usefullness of the circular knob mode as it seems to be hardwired in the plugin.

I do find it difficult to use in this mode compared to linear although wonder if there is anything I am missing from this mode? More precision?

I asked the developper but I am not so sure to obtain a response.

Thanks so much!

Isn't that one of the limitations of Synth Edit ? Or have they changed that over the years ? Don't know don't use 'em........... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have some SynthEdit vst's which have linear knob mode.

But indeed, KX77free seems to be hardwired to circular. :(

I mean the guy that makes these synths seems very smart I am sure there is a reason.

Any good reason for circular that I am overseeing?

yul wrote:I mean the guy that makes these synths seems very smart I am sure there is a reason.

Any good reason for circular that I am overseeing?
I guess when it's free you can't complain, but it would be nice if it was fixed anyway

Hmm in REAPER they are both circular and linear (up/down).
Click and hold LMB on a knob and drag straight up and down.
If you stray from the straight line, the circular mode will engage.
Talking about the V4-KX-SYNTH-X16.
Btw if you hold right ALT/CTRL, the circular mode switches to very precise circular mode that requires good few full circles for the knob to go from minimum to maximum value.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

If you're talking about the -x16 v5 ...

Straight up-down mouse movement works fine for me (VSTHost, Cubase, Mixbus), so long as you don't stray too far from the vertical - and holding down the [Ctrl] key gives extra precision.

With a VCS3-type instrument, precision really is the key - and the circular mode gives you that in spades!
Not only does the [Ctrl] key give you additional precision, but dragging out radially makes circular mode pretty much as fine as you could ever hope for - big screen, [Ctrl] key down, this can make even vintage analogue feel clunky!

Of course, if you've got a control surface set up properly none of this really matters - but unless you know what you're doing (relative mode, small increments) you're still going to be missing out on much of what this exquisite instrument can do.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

wow thanks guys this makes sense! I tried again and hitting right in the middle will also help for linear mode.

THanks for you input! Much appreciated.

Return to “Instruments”