Reveal Sound Spire 1.1 Released (with cpu optimization)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crashing latest reaper on last Yosemite. (I don't consider el crapitan to be legitimate).

Specifically preset "uranus" in the new bank 6 will crash it every time. I didn't know this was a beta :( . I deleted my stable 1.20.

themachinelt wrote:And indeed the sound is a little bit different, seems like its EQ/Filters related. Tho i dont mind that because for me 1.1 sounds bit better.
It's a smoother, rounder sound with less buzz in it and more production ready. Seems to be in the mids and has a solid feel to it. I do like it as well. Sounds very R&B. The club kids will love it.

themachinelt wrote:But is it me or everyone else cannot load presets made prior 1.1? the browser seem to not even show them..
Check out my post bellow, it seems that browser is looking for .sbf files
Zexila wrote:New 1.1.0 doesn't load up in projects where 1.0.20 were previously, at least in Reaper on Windows (assume it have something to do with .dll naming), not a biggie, tried to export presets and do it manually, but when I access "Load Preset (.spf)" from menu, window that is open is actually seeking for ".sbf" file, as seen on the picture bellow.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Dasheesh wrote:Specifically preset "uranus" in the new bank 6 will crash it every time. I didn't know this was a beta :( . I deleted my stable 1.20.
Same with Maschine on El Capitan

Dasheesh wrote:
themachinelt wrote:And indeed the sound is a little bit different, seems like its EQ/Filters related. Tho i dont mind that because for me 1.1 sounds bit better.
It's a smoother, rounder sound with less buzz in it and more production ready. Seems to be in the mids and has a solid feel to it. I do like it as well. Sounds very R&B. The club kids will love it.
Didn't notice that. Can be only very subtle though, no?

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Didn't notice that. Can be only very subtle though, no?
Me nether, hope all that is in good fun or very subtle, well, null test ftw :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Yeah it's subtle but there. Haven't quite nailed down what it is but I'm beginning to wonder if it's slightly faster oscillations or klhertz or audio sample rates. Something is smoother and rounder and fills in the mids. Less artifacts.

just to Pop in with a positive resonance... I am very pleased with that update! optimized cpu usage & finally the cc Automation in cubase works! :party:

big thanks reveal sound :clap:

Dasheesh wrote:Yeah it's subtle but there. Haven't quite nailed down what it is but I'm beginning to wonder if it's slightly faster oscillations or klhertz or audio sample rates. Something is smoother and rounder and fills in the mids. Less artifacts.
You mean they brought down the CPU consumption, AND made it sound better? Kudos Reveal-Sound. :D

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Yeah it's subtle but there. Haven't quite nailed down what it is but I'm beginning to wonder if it's slightly faster oscillations or klhertz or audio sample rates. Something is smoother and rounder and fills in the mids. Less artifacts.
You mean they brought down the CPU consumption, AND made it sound better? Kudos Reveal-Sound. :D
Better is a matter of perspective.

Sure. I didn't notice anything negative thought, sounds as good ever to me.

Btw. I have not seen an official release statement or some hints about the changes.

It's on their Website, when you click on Download ver 1.1.0. http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... ngelog.txt

Ah, ok ;)
I have not tested the Beta version but I remember they wrote something about a bit different sound. So the different installed version makes sense for existing or not finished projects.
Maybe the guys can open a official release thread and give us some hints for using the new version vs the old version.

Return to “Instruments”