Waves 'An error has occurred while performing installation'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pc2000 wrote:I think a part of the issue with tech support-is that a number of these folks are not programmers! I checked windows event viewer and found an error message related to waves central. The event log references a {side by side} error. This is the actual log my system generated:Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\Waves Central\Waves Central.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\Waves Central\WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release\WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release.MANIFEST" on line 8. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Definition is WavesQtLibs_5.1.1_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I've done some research about side-by-side errors on microsoft's website and even other sites, and neither stated it had anything to do with security settings or windows UAC, or the systems time and date. These are the things the tech is telling me to address with instructions on how. I provided the tech with this very log, yet he directs me to the things I've mentioned. I'm no tech wiz, but it seems that the log clearly references a conflict within the program. It's possible that there is some type of coding error by the programmers- that affect certain systems. I don't want to mess with and change settings needlessly, if they aren't the actual issue!

Transition went seamless for me (PC, Win7). First I uninstalled all Waves stuff, then I ran Waves Central and installed the new version.
Also did an offline installer. Waves Central picked my licenses automatically, offline installer worked well. Cubase then found plugins automatically.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Andy Gone wrote:Transition went seamless for me (PC, Win7). First I uninstalled all Waves stuff, then I ran Waves Central and installed the new version.
Also did an offline installer. Waves Central picked my licenses automatically, offline installer worked well. Cubase then found plugins automatically.
Are you using Win7-64bit with an intel CPU?

skitchy wrote:Dear Waves,
Congratulations. Your copy protection is now SO effective that it even prevents *paying customers* from using Waves software. Your new 'Waves central' program has uninstalled all my Waves plugins. When I try to install them using either 'easy install', 'install' or 'offline install' I get a long wait followed by a really helpful and informative error message that states 'An error has occurred while performing installation'. Are the vague and generalised error messages meant to prevent piracy as well? Well done.

Above message was sent to Waves support.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Just facing the same problem now at Windows 10 64-bit. I got the free license for True Verb today and teh old License Center did not allow to install the license so i installed the new Waves Central. FWIW it installed True Verb properly but i get the same error message when i want to install any of my other plugins.

Have not contacteed support yet.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

pc2000 wrote:
Andy Gone wrote:Transition went seamless for me (PC, Win7). First I uninstalled all Waves stuff, then I ran Waves Central and installed the new version.
Are you using Win7-64bit with an intel CPU?
Yes, i5.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Ingonator wrote:
skitchy wrote:Dear Waves,
Congratulations. Your copy protection is now SO effective that it even prevents *paying customers* from using Waves software. Your new 'Waves central' program has uninstalled all my Waves plugins. When I try to install them using either 'easy install', 'install' or 'offline install' I get a long wait followed by a really helpful and informative error message that states 'An error has occurred while performing installation'. Are the vague and generalised error messages meant to prevent piracy as well? Well done.

Above message was sent to Waves support.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Just facing the same problem now at Windows 10 64-bit. I got the free license for True Verb today and teh old License Center did not allow to install the license so i installed the new Waves Central. FWIW it installed True Verb properly but i get the same error message when i want to install any of my other plugins.

Have not contacteed support yet.
Looks like i just solved the problem myself. This is what i did:

- Deinstalling True Verb with Waves Central (the only plugin taht was properly installed...)
- Deinstalling Waves Central
- Deleting all Waves folders at drive C:\
- Using the Registry cleaner in the free CCleaner
- Re-installing Waves Central
- Installing my Waves plugins with Waves Central using an Offline Installer for my Waves Plugins (created with the previous installation of Waves Central)

So far it seems to work properly that way.

BTW it does not install the WavesShell VST2 plugin to my own Vstplugins folder at C:\Vstplugins but after the installation i copied the plugin there manually and this seems to work.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

FWIW I believe that Waves Central cannot always find all the stuff from previous version, as far as everybody is installing plugins to different folders. So Waves Central cannot clean it up effectively, and then remnants of old version conflict with the new one.

What I did is that I uninstalled all Waves stuff not with Waves Central, but with Windows control panel, and after that Waves Central did the job perfectly.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Pretty much my experience following a failed install earlier this week. I also ended up using Windows control panel and manually deleted all relevant files/folders and then started a "fresh" installation of Waves Central - fixed my issues, all now working.

I had the same error like the opener. Before I would have gone through the whole uninstall kerfufle I ran the wave central as administrator, because I suspected wrong access rights. What should I say: It works now.

After having bought another plugin during the sale i noticed i got the same problem again. It looks like adding another single plugin afte rhaving installed others does not really seem to work properly.

This is my current procedure to get it working (after all plugins are registered and activated in Waves Central):

1.) create an offline installer with the dedicated faeture in the Waves Central (at the "install" tab). You will be able to create an installer that only incudes teh plugins you had registered at Waves

2.) Deinstall all preciously installed plugins with the dedicated feature in the Waves Central

3.) Take care that all WavesShell plugins have been deinstalled/removed, especially if you had copied it to another location

4.) Start your host and rescan. Take care that the WavesShell is no onger listed there. Then close the host again.

5.) Re-install the plugins from with the Offline Installer (the folder you have created) or Online, both available from "install" at Waves Central

6.) Copy the installed WavesShell plugin to another folder if needed.

7.) After starting the host and re-scanning the plugins the Waves plugins should work properly now.

I had done this more than one time now for installing demos and full licenses and it always worked nicely that way. Of course i would prefer if there would be a simple proedure where you could simply add new plugins to existing ones.

FWIW i am using Windows 10 64-bit, Live 9.5 64-bit and Cubase Pro 8 64-bit here.
Ingo Weidner

I'm having a similar problem too. Windows 10, 64-bit with latest FL Studio 12 here. I only installed Waves Central for the very first time the other night to get the free TrueVerb plugin as per their Black Friday giveaway. I have never had any previous versions of 'Waves Central' installed, so this alone cannot be to blame.

Bought and "installed" Waves H-Comp tonight on sale for $19. The progress bar stopped for quite some time but it kicked in - then, after an error message it actually said the product was successfully installed. However my host FL Studio cannot find the plugin with a normal search. After some fluffing around it found it, but then said it was basically invalid or not registered.

Getting TrueVerb to work was fine, no problems - now this.

I would have much prefered the loathsome iLok method...

MogwaiBoy wrote:I'm having a similar problem too. Windows 10, 64-bit with latest FL Studio 12 here. I only installed Waves Central for the very first time the other night to get the free TrueVerb plugin as per their Black Friday giveaway. I have never had any previous versions of 'Waves Central' installed, so this alone cannot be to blame.

Bought and "installed" Waves H-Comp tonight on sale for $19. The progress bar stopped for quite some time but it kicked in - then, after an error message it actually said the product was successfully installed. However my host FL Studio cannot find the plugin with a normal search. After some fluffing around it found it, but then said it was basically invalid or not registered.

Getting TrueVerb to work was fine, no problems - now this.

I would have much prefered the loathsome iLok method...
I had exactly teh same when i bought H-Comp yesterday but i solved it with the procedure i posted above.
It's mostly about deinstalling all installed plugins from the dedicated feature, deinstalling Waves Central and then installing both Waves Central and the plugins.
If you had copied the WavesShell plugin to another location you have to delete that too and replace with the new one after installation.

BTW are you sure you properly activated H-Comp? With Waves Central I had moved the license from the Waves Cloud to an USB flash drive where i have stored the Waves licenses.
Ingo Weidner

Like many others, I am running on Windows 10 x64 (the Professional edition, to be precise). Since Waves switched over to this new Waves Central installer, it has been nothing but a mess for me. I prefer to use non-typical installation locations on my file system, so my first gripe is that I no longer have any control of where it installs the files. :smack: :borg:

Every time Waves Central becomes outdated, a modal dialog window pops up (informing me that my version of Waves Central is not the latest version). After I have acknowledged the dialog window, it closes the program, so I have no choice but to go to the Waves website to download the new version of Waves Central. :borg:

Regardless of how thoroughly I remove the previous version of the Waves installer or Waves Central, the new Waves Central always reports an error about a previous version being installed. It seems that if I do not delete the data folders created previously by Waves, my current machines appears as disconnected and a new machine with no licenses shows up as the active one. :roll:

The latest version of Waves Central (v1.0.2.2) is still problematic for me. I hope Waves eventually irons out these issues. :pray:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Ingonator wrote: I had exactly the same when i bought H-Comp yesterday but i solved it with the procedure i posted above.
It's mostly about deinstalling all installed plugins from the dedicated feature, deinstalling Waves Central and then installing both Waves Central and the plugins.
If you had copied the WavesShell plugin to another location you have to delete that too and replace with the new one after installation.

BTW are you sure you properly activated H-Comp? With Waves Central I had moved the license from the Waves Cloud to an USB flash drive where i have stored the Waves licenses.
Thank you, I'll give that method a shot. At a glance it would appear that they haven't ironed out all the bugs with Windows 10. This is a great example of their security measures getting in the way of legit customers enjoying their products. If I have to reinstall my Waves plugins and activation software each and every time I add a new Waves plugin... I will think very carefully before purchasing in future, which isn't good for them.

Just to be absolutely sure: I don't lose my licenses if I uninstall the plugins/Waves Central and reinstall?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Just to be absolutely sure: I don't lose my licenses if I uninstall the plugins/Waves Central and reinstall?
No, for that you would have to send your licenses to the Cloud with the dedicated feature in Waves Central but then they would still not be "lost". YOu could move licenses but usually not loose them, except if they are on a certzain drive and that drive crashes or is formatted. Even then you could get the licenses back.
Once I was so stupid to format my USB flash drive with my license for Element. I was able to recover the license with the old Waves License Center. Waves Central includes a feature called "Recover licenses" for that.
This works as your licenses are registered to your Waves account. Usually those will be only removed from the account if you sell a license or if it was a demo license.

A similar service is also possible with Steinberg products (e.g. Cubase or Wavelab), as long as they are registered to your Steinberg account and you also registered your USB dongle at the account (which is possible from eLicenser software).
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”