Reveal Sound Spire 1.1 Released (with cpu optimization)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5 months in beta, finally released with black-friday discount :love:

http://reveal-sound.com/

New 1.1.0 doesn't load up in projects where 1.0.20 were previously, at least in Reaper on Windows (assume it have something to do with .dll naming), not a biggie, tried to export presets and do it manually, but when I access "Load Preset (.spf)" from menu, window that is open is actually seeking for ".sbf" file, as seen on the picture bellow.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Yeah, it doesn't overwrite older versions, it just installs aside of them. Which can be problematic if you installed it in the same folder, thinking it would replace the older version, because they obviously share the soundbanks then too. And if you uninstall the previous version then, at least some of the soundbanks are gone for the new version (at least it looked like it), so watch out...

All soundbanks are there with new AFAICT, so yeah, renaming .dll back to "Spire.dll" is the way to go.

But I'm getting pops&clicks in random places with 1.1.0 :neutral: not happening with 1.0.20...project consists of two instances doing a pad, around 14-15% of CPU used with 1.0.20, around 9-10% with 1.1.0, that's nice tho.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It is bringing down Cubase 8 on Mac quite a few times on my end, just browsing presets and playing a few.
rsp
sound sculptist

I noticed in FL Studio I still have to toggle on the "Use fixed size buffers" option within the plugin wrapper. Not the end of the world. Just thought I'd put that out there. I'm loving the official 1.1 tho. Nice work Reveal Sound :D

New optimized DSP engine
No kidding? I'm almost having trouble making my CPU (and DSP meter) realize that I'm playing 16-voices pads with this thing.

Good job.

what sort of mega cpu's do you guys have? :shock:

TheoM wrote:what sort of mega cpu's do you guys have? :shock:
Devils Canyon i7. But I'm just demo'ing it, so I don't know how well it handles multiple instances in an actual project. Probably not as well as Hive, I'd imagine.

zvenx wrote:It is bringing down Cubase 8 on Mac quite a few times on my end, just browsing presets and playing a few.
rsp
It's bringing down Kore 2 when I just try and load the VST (although not the AU) - you'd think after so long this has taken to come out it would at least be stable.

Also the new plugin ID sucks - I tried renaming the AU and it still shows as 1.1 and as a different plugin to Spire, and renaming the VST doesn't help either because it has a different plugin ID too so hosts still see it as different and won't load it into projects e.g. the Komplete Control template I made for Spire says 'plugin not found' now - I presume the same would be true in Kore 2 if it would even load without crashing in the first place.

Happy days! :)

aMUSEd wrote:Also the new plugin ID sucks - I tried renaming the AU and it still shows as 1.1 and as a different plugin to Spire, and renaming the VST doesn't help either because it has a different plugin ID too so hosts still see it as different and won't load it into projects e.g. the Komplete Control template I made for Spire says 'plugin not found' now - I presume the same would be true in Kore 2 if it would even load without crashing in the first place.
It the v1.1 a different file name and ID to the v1?
Since they changed the DSP engine I imagine it might sound a bit different so it would be good to be able to install them side by side, that is if it's stable of course.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Yes the filename doesn't really matter - it's the ID change that is the problem. I don't want to use them side by side, what this means in practice is a shitload of work to remake my templates and substitute the new version into projects, plus it sets a terrible precedent if they keep doing this every time they make changes. If there are differences in sound engine then they should have done what u-he did when Zebra 2.5 came out and incorporated a legacy mode, not change the plugin ID and break compatibility with existing projects and people's work - that's a lazy approach and considering how much people have invested in third party sound banks for Spire, also very short sighted.

good job with optimising the plugin!

But is it me or everyone else cannot load presets made prior 1.1? the browser seem to not even show them.

And indeed the sound is a little bit different, seems like its EQ/Filters related. Tho i dont mind that because for me 1.1 sounds bit better.

themachinelt wrote:good job with optimising the plugin!

But is it me or everyone else cannot load presets made prior 1.1? the browser seem to not even show them.

And indeed the sound is a little bit different, seems like its EQ/Filters related. Tho i dont mind that because for me 1.1 sounds bit better.

My third party presets, like hollo's bank loads for the most part fine (have some issues with cubase 8, but these aren't limited to third party banks)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”