TDR Ferric TDS
NI SuperCharger GT
SS VCC 2.0 SS(VMR)
SS Revival SS(VMR)
Voxengo VariSaturator
Voxengo Warmifier
bx-Saturator
Plus many Nebula Saturators.

Is it worth getting it? Will it bring me something i don't have?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Demo it, it's my fave tube distortion. If it's too much the same as you have maybe you will like Plogue Chipcrusher its a bit and sample reducer.
Last edited by Jax Pok on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Jax.

Looking at that list I'd say it would bring you something you don't have. I made my opinion on decap relatively quickly, so even if the mad rush of black Friday has you wondering if you can get a reasonable idea of a demo I'd say you'd get a good idea of it's strengths in the short time available. After a demo you may feel you've got the basis covered already or maybe not even that keen on what it provides.

My thoughts of it's strengths is that it's quick to get a good result out of, the compression artefacts of the different models and not just the distortion are a big part what draws me to it.

As an aside the Devil Loc Deluxe would almost certainly give you something you don't have!

whoops, deleted

few cool things with decap. There are 5 different saturation models.

You have a wet/dry and also a bass bump that works really well (basically the resonant HP filter trick made easy for you), just hit thump and adjust the HP filter to taste, and can cut out some mud whilst making the bass really fat.

I find it sounds fantastic on bass, even leads even pads in some situations.. just to make them, well i would guess the word is "pop".

I am not into overdoing - it's all about judicious use .

I do not like decapitator on drums, particularly electronic drums. that's the only downside for me.

Thank You guys...how is its hit on the CPU? Is it an ALMOST every tracker or more of a BUSS thing?

BasariStudios wrote:Thank You guys...how is its hit on the CPU? Is it an ALMOST every tracker or more of a BUSS thing?

on an i7 you can easily put it on every track bit i would absolutely never do that.. it would make your mix sound distorted and like sludge.

That sort of plugin is to be used here and there..

on certain parts of a drum bus or in some situations the whole drum bus, on certain bass and a sound here or there if needed. Not just for the sake of it.

Yes Devil-Loc Deluxe it's a nasty distorting Limiter. If the Darleks made a compressor or limiter that would be it. A must have on the drum bus there is nothing like it that I've tried. On extreme settings it will pump, distort, surge. On gentle it will bring up the room sound and make it big and 3D and poke out of the mix.

You can get digital distortion, sample reduction out of Soundtoys Primaltap it's an old Lexicon delay simulation. You can use it for other things other than delay. You can also use Echoboy as a distortion device.

+Radiator

Might as well get the set :hihi:

Return to “Effects”