New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote: That said i will get it then give it to someone who missed it (no i am not going to sell it like so many in the kvr MP which is full of free products being resold LOL).

they were time limited and promotional, and not 'free' in the sense that you are using it here.

if you know where to legally acquire NI Replika, etc, for free - today - by all means start a thread about it as I'm sure many will be interested.

LOL

Daags wrote:
TheoM wrote: That said i will get it then give it to someone who missed it (no i am not going to sell it like so many in the kvr MP which is full of free products being resold LOL).

they were time limited and promotional, and not 'free' in the sense that you are using it here.

if you know where to legally acquire NI Replika, etc, for free - today - by all means start a thread about it as I'm sure many will be interested.

LOL
hey that's cool, we all have different ethics. i would never charge for something i didn't pay for, but that's me.

For example if i ever ditched the eventide ultra channel i would only take the exact cost of transfer, ie 25$ that it would cost ME to do so. As soon as the free promo on that finished you saw them all over the MP with people trying to make a buck. I find it funny if anything :lol:

I know a guy whose house was repossed, his wife needs care and they have young kids to feed. He makes music as a (well needed) hobby, using freeware, used licenses, old versions of software or simply stuff he can occasionally afford. No cracks or warez. If he needs to sell Replika to put the money towards something else, I'm not about to even comment on the issue...or laugh... certainly so long as there's no ethical or legal issue in reselling it.

Not everyone is as hard up of course, but the fact remains if it's legal and permitted it's not really any of our damn business if someone wants or needs to sell NI Replika in the Marketplace. In the interests of fostering a legal, warez-free community, we should surely support any and all participation within the legal stratosphere. Someone selling NI Replika means someone buying it. Someone buying it means someone not cracking it.

*shrug*

sprnva wrote:It's TrueVerb.
Hah! I didn't see that coming.. I felt it might be Renaissance Reverb... Truverb wasn't even on the radar.

I wonder how long it will be before they give away the H- series plugins :ud: :hihi:

Bye bye EpicVerb and Ambience...

Just joking I'll still use them :3 but I think that's a great gift, I like Waves :D

It's a nice giveaway - genuinely useful rather than those gimmicky one knob things.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Hmm... Downloaded the Waves Central, downloaded and activated the plugin.
And... Where is it ??? I mean the actual dll file i can tell REAPER to scan and then use like all my other plugins.

[edit]Found it. :)

[edit2]But it doesn't work for some reason...
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Nice un' :tu:

But could a better describing title of the plug be RoomVerb rather than TrueVerb

What a punch in the face with a useless thing...the worst freeware verb is better then this.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:What a punch in the face with a useless thing...the worst freeware verb is better then this.
actually, you are right.. cause the freeware devs always put effort into their verbs.

That said, remember this was released in 97 or 98 when a pentium 2 266 was a BEAST.

BasariStudios wrote:What a punch in the face with a useless thing...the worst freeware verb is better then this.
Well I guess this is how things have gotten folks. People feel punched in the face when free software doesn't come up to their standard :o

Mutant wrote:Hmm... Downloaded the Waves Central, downloaded and activated the plugin.
And... Where is it ??? I mean the actual dll file i can tell REAPER to scan and then use like all my other plugins.

[edit]Found it. :)

[edit2]But it doesn't work for some reason...
It's the WaveShell-VST9.6.dll that's probably located in VSTPlugins - a folder that was created automatically for me - it didn't give me an option to change location.

do_androids_dream wrote:Well I guess this is how things have gotten folks. People feel punched in the face when free software doesn't come up to their standard :o
Waves = Vulgar Display of Power :hihi:

do_androids_dream wrote:
Well I guess this is how things have gotten folks. People feel punched in the face when free software doesn't come up to their standard :o
I am not an American...so my mentality is different...i don't fall for FREE and be grateful.
Someone can give me CRAP for free, does not mean i have to be grateful because it was free.
But after i moved here i saw the word FREE does miracles...even though most of the times
is literary crap...i learnt one thing as a kid...NOTHING IS FREE!
Giving me a 1997 useless thing is NOT free or something i should be grateful for.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
Giving me a 1997 useless thing is NOT free or something i should be grateful for.
My god, listen to these kids lmao. This reverb has been used on so many pop/rock/hip hop tracks that you hear on the radio, don't underestimate it. Sure, there may be more advanced reverbs now, but it's still plenty capable.

Return to “Effects”