Amazing new way to conserve CPU usage of your effects plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AGENT

I was hoping (although not very optimistic) that this would help reduce 2CAudio's B2 heavy CPU drain, but after testing for an hour I found than while using NYRV Agent, it actually used slightly more CPU. Oh well! :?

quantum7 wrote:I was hoping (although not very optimistic) that this would help reduce 2CAudio's B2 heavy CPU drain, but after testing for an hour I found than while using NYRV Agent, it actually used slightly more CPU. Oh well! :?
How it could when it purpose to do something completely different?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Just downloaded the demo yesterday and tried it in Reaper v5 on mac mini running Yosemite.

Crashed SO many times. Not usable for me, I'm afraid.

Also - massive GUI. Not really going to suit my workflow.

Shame, as I love the idea for this... :( :( :( :(

What happened to the Acidgrooves stuff?

No developments, updates etc since ages and two of the products arent even in the store.

Was always interested in The Kali but wouldnt invest in it these days due to the tumbleweed.......and it not being in the store....
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I sent them a support request on Nov 23, 2015. Haven't heard a thing from them.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I bounce certain instrument tracks (not critical basslines or leads, but more background drones/FX using Kontakt or Reaktor) to audio and re-import as audio. 2 or lengthy 3 bounces and it cuts CPU use in half or more. Be sure to save a session file with those plugins and their midi sequences intact first so you can go back and tweak.

Aloysius wrote:I sent them a support request on Nov 23, 2015. Haven't heard a thing from them.
20-DEC-2015 Still haven't heard anything from them.

murnau wrote:
quantum7 wrote:I was hoping (although not very optimistic) that this would help reduce 2CAudio's B2 heavy CPU drain, but after testing for an hour I found than while using NYRV Agent, it actually used slightly more CPU. Oh well! :?
How it could when it purpose to do something completely different?
Hey there. I haven't been following this thread while we worked on our new release of v1.3

The new release also comes with a new demo period.

I think you are misunderstanding what the smart cpu saver does. it does not reduce the usage of CPU while the plugin is running. If you look back you will see that this is not what we are claiming.

What the smart CPU saver does do is to cut off cpu usage when the particular track it is on doesn't have sound going through it. If every track in your project is running all the time then you will see a small increase in CPU usage because AGENT also consumers some small amount of CPU on it's own. If however as is often the case, only a fraction of the tracks are running simultaneously then you can see anything from a small cpu savings to a huge cpu savings depending on the overall size of the project and how many tracks are playing at any given time.

I hope this clarifies things.

thanks

Jeff
Last edited by nyrvsystems on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I sent them a support request on Nov 23, 2015. Haven't heard a thing from them.
20-DEC-2015 Still haven't heard anything from them.
Sorry for the delay on this. There was apparently some confusion on your ticket and it was deactivated. I have reactivated it and forwarded it to the dev team.

thanks

jeff

Thank you Jeff. :tu:

Hey Guys

i just wouldnt get the demoversion yet. i will demo it if i got Dollars again (now i have to spend all ive got in a AnalogSynth).
I red every single meaning in this conversations... and there are more Pros than contras... so that means something... i would gave it a try even if i wouldnt red all this good comments! But i will demo it of course right before buying it!

2 question that i have to you Jeff is:

1. have u used any uad plugins in Agent? iam just dropping Uad plugins in my first 4 Lines in the uad console and record my synths into cubase9 pro. the rest of some uad plugins i drop right in my daw... can your Agent help with those cpuusage peaks to?

2. how can i manage sidechaining in my daw (cubase pro9) if i have evrysingle plugin in the AGENT? should i drop the plugins out of AGENT when i want to sidechain the Bass to my Kick?

<edit> last question / i saw a few videos on youtube but all of them working with audiofiles... does it matter either i use Audio or Midinotes? i work with midinotes till the end just render in audio for the masterer!

iam very interested in buying the Agent!

thank you

Return to “Effects”