I have no GAS. WTH???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJMaytag wrote:I feel pretty content with everything I currently own, thus have no GAS at the moment. I think I'm pretty well set for most categories of synths and FX right now
Such cocky statements are like tempting fate, memento GAS, suddenly it hits you twice as hard :D

The Chase wrote:What the f**k is GAS.
Army code: no GAS, no glory!

I'm astounded by this thread, surely the actual point of life is to own all hardware and software synths (and FX)? :)

After i bought komplete ultimate upgrade i also have no compelling necessity to purchase something else! :)
i also don't know what to look for... i *should* have everything i need. The only thing i miss is more time to do music! :D

I'm definitely getting D16 Nepheton, definitely upgrading Cubase 8 to 8.5, probably upgrading FF Pro-C to Pro-C2 (if it goes on sale), possibly cross-grading to get D16 Devastator2, and there's little chance of me upgrading Reason 6.5 to 8 (though $83 is a damn nice price to do so!).

In other words, nothing has changed after all the sale announcements thus far.

I am sure developers will gladly help you push your cart to the next gas station.

I think there are two types of GAS, one where you buy stuff although you already got everything covered and should be content, and one where you keep looking because you are still missing something.
Like with shoes: some women keep buying shoes although they already have 20 pairs at home, others have few pairs and still need shoes for, say, rainy days or sports.

I buy little stuff, but since I am not 100% convinced by and content with what I have, I keep looking, just in case someone finally launches a synth with which I can replace the stuff I already have. Ideally I would use only a single plugin :)

I must confess I'm kinda out of GAS too :oops:

WTF, like experience impotence on the biggest GAS eve of all :help:

Astralp wrote:I'm astounded by this thread, surely the actual point of life is to own all hardware and software synths (and FX)? :)
I probably would if there wasn't a Kvr marketplace. :P
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Astralp wrote:I'm astounded by this thread, surely the actual point of life is to own all hardware and software synths (and FX)? :)
You're right... bring on the sales! :( :? :neutral: :hihi:

It helps to never charge your PP account so you can only buy something if you have sold something before 8) Currently I have about 3 dollars in my PP account, so I am safe from any purchase for the time being :D

Maybe i need some therapy sessions lol but a little voice is telling me to learn to exploit what i've already got more.

I am feeling the need for a nice algo verb though and some really nice ballsy synth and fx which Reaktor 6 seems to deliver on with Blocks (was just waiting to BF to see what NI did).

I could probably live with just getting echoboy in the soundtoys sale but depends if the two soundtoys plugins i have will be discounted.

Maybe we've reached saturation point, so much good stuff about these days and there always seem to be sales but not like this with all the big devs.

In the back of my mind i'm thinking 'but if i saved i could buy a UAD card' but first and foremost i need a desk so that's kinda keeping me in check. Kinda. :wheee:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I just like to install stuff. I hardly have time to make music, have full album waiting to be mixed and getting old. So I just buy stuff and install it. Makes me feel better about myself- this is what I could make if I had time.

Just got a mail from AAS and I actually bought something 8) I had already forgotten about that stupid credit card option :hihi:

But I had wanted to buy the upgrade to the full version of Lounge Lizard 4 for quite some time, now at half price it seemed a very good deal. They don't even charge VAT, very nice :)

What was a bit eerie is that I did not have to enter my Session version license number anywhere in the order form, putting the upgrade in the cart automatically added my license number. Maybe it searched my computer for any eligible license numbers...

DJMaytag wrote:...and there's little chance of me upgrading Reason 6.5 to 8 (though $83 is a damn nice price to do so!).
$83? Where is that?

JRR Shop. $99 plus in-cart discount.

Return to “Instruments”