SynthMaster song contest with $1000 cash and software license prizes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Player for iOS

kv331 wrote:
nineofkings wrote:Oh man. This is gonna be tough competition. Every track I've heard so far is good!
Agreed :)
I'm still waiting for confirmation that you got my track information. If not, I can send it again through the site. Don't want to be disqualified on a technicality.

wagtunes wrote:
I'm still waiting for confirmation that you got my track information. If not, I can send it again through the site. Don't want to be disqualified on a technicality.[/quote]

I just replied back to you, could you send us a dropbox link so we could upload the track to our soundcloud channel? Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I'm still waiting for confirmation that you got my track information. If not, I can send it again through the site. Don't want to be disqualified on a technicality.
I just replied back to you, could you send us a dropbox link so we could upload the track to our soundcloud channel? Thanks![/quote]

My track is not on dropbox. It's on Soundcloud. I had given you the Soundcloud link last week. If you post your Soundcloud contest page I can upload it myself for approval. All the track information is on my Soundcloud submission.

I edited permissions so that you can download the track from Soundcloud.

Here is the link.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... test-entry

Chandlerhimself - Wow! Like that MIDI guitar solo. Really nice. Offers a unique style from just playing the keys. Made me want to find my Allan Holdsworth "Atavachron" album.

Have spent many hours the last few days trying to finish. I still have a bit more work, but I am getting close. Been trying to design my own sound but not sure I'll have anything.

Like others, I am doing something different from my usual. It's ending up a bit dancey, and I typically do more space/ethereal and 80's electronic. I am definitely trying something new.

EnGee wrote: This is a nice and well done one :tu: Although I'm not into dubstep or wobbling, but I predict it will win one of the top prizes :)
Thanks. Of course I'd love to win, but honestly getting 2 free sound banks is a nice prize for everyone that participates. Everyone's a winner.
iPlogger wrote:Chandlerhimself - Wow! Like that MIDI guitar solo. Really nice. Offers a unique style from just playing the keys. Made me want to find my Allan Holdsworth "Atavachron" album.

Have spent many hours the last few days trying to finish. I still have a bit more work, but I am getting close. Been trying to design my own sound but not sure I'll have anything.

Like others, I am doing something different from my usual. It's ending up a bit dancey, and I typically do more space/ethereal and 80's electronic. I am definitely trying something new.
Thanks. I love Holdsworth and now with midiguitar I can finally get some of those sounds. In the future I might make some Synthmaster presets of classic Holdsworth synth sounds.

There are only a few days left so I hope everyone finishes. So far everyone's tracks have sounded great and there is a surprising amount of variety also. Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Thanks. Of course I'd love to win, but honestly getting 2 free sound banks is a nice prize for everyone that participates. Everyone's a winner.
This is true. I already feel a winner now! Getting Synthmadter player with tons of great presets for $9 is a gift in itself.
This competition has made me move my ass little and start doing whole pieces instead of lazy 10 seconds ones :hihi:

So I already had my prize, everything else is extra. I'm also sure that Synthmaster is not specific towards one genre and this can proved by the various nice pieces I heard (and will hear) in this competition :)

EnGee wrote: So I already had my prize, everything else is extra. I'm also sure that Synthmaster is not specific towards one genre and this can proved by the various nice pieces I heard (and will hear) in this competition :)
This! :clap:
Works at KV331 Audio

Sent my song just now through the contact us form on your site. Hope u'll accept it. :P
musisikamar.com

I'm sure we are, but want to double-check. Are we allowed to make any edits to the factory presets we use? For one preset I tweaked an easy knob and for another preset, I gave it a slightly shorter release. I will describe these changes when I list the presets used.

We will make the following playlist public on December 1st, I am just sharing it here for the contestants to get a feel of what is submitted so far for the contest:

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... 15/s-4sgaz

I havent edited the track descriptions yet, they'll be filled with the preset names you guys have sent to us.

(Please don't share it and ask for votes yet :) thank you!)

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

WOW. There's so much seriously, seriously good stuff.

:phew:
https://soundcloud.com/engeemoon/innocent-lies
OK, I'm going to Steam and playing something now!

Some great stuff on there. Wow! Nice to see Torley enter. I was just trying to see if he has any updates like a week or two ago. Hadn't seen any new videos from him in awhile.

Just to be sure: Would an FX like a Downlifter or an Impact (as a WAV file) that is often used for dance music be a reason to be disqualified, or does that count as percussion / "external FX"?

I did mistakes in the mixing, and still the volume is low I think. Anyway, i feel tired and already sent my third edition which I hope it will play well in other systems. I should have tested with other stereos.

I feel satisfied with the arrangements, but not with my mix :( Anyway, it is nice to contribute and also listen to very well done tracks :) Well, done everybody. Very nice done :)

Return to “Instruments”