SPL Rangers EQ for 9$ worth it ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQ Rangers Vol. 1 SPL Eq Rangers Vol. 1

TheoM wrote:There was also a topic about FL Mac alpha where some members complained there wasn't a 64 bit.. very level headed topic, and the last post was saying how 32 bit is ok in a mac environment due to samplers usually having their own memory server.. 32 bit shouldn't be too much of an obstacle for FL users on mac, they could still make use of 64 gb of ram with kontakt if they wanted, quite easily. Topic just gone, vanished. No record.
Oh, is it? If only there were some explanation, like an old thread being bumped by a returning-yet-again Image Line stalker/troll named Edward, and your post being deleted because without Edward's deleted post yours made no sense and looked like you'd bumped the old thread to talk to yourself. But of course there's not. It's skullduggery, it's silencing critics of Image Line. It must be. Because you won't find any criticism of them here. You'd sooner find criticism of IK, and we all know that isn't allowed here.

As for the SPL Rangers thread, I didn't do the deleting so I can't say why it was done, but if I had to guess it had to do with the thread having been bumped after a year by jens purely to call someone names* (Outrageous!), after which you, Theo, went on about how yet another company has done you wrong and you'll have nothing more to do with them, at which point I lost interest (so I don't know what else was deleted). After either of those things, a thread might take an unfortunate turn. Maybe that one didn't, and there's some other reason for the deletion and lock, I don't know.

But if the purpose was to hide bad things being said about a PIA product, why leave all those posts about how wrong the frequencies are (the entire thread is intact except for what came after jens's post, I believe)?

*Possibly reported by someone involved in this latest bitching festival.
No longer a moderator.

I actually like the EQ. Since i know the labelling is wrong, i use my ear instead and it helps to keep my focused on the sound. Now this EQ is my go to mastering EQ since it's pretty clean and smooth.

Best 9$ purchase for me.
musisikamar.com

D.H. Miltz wrote:
TheoM wrote:There was also a topic about FL Mac alpha where some members complained there wasn't a 64 bit.. very level headed topic, and the last post was saying how 32 bit is ok in a mac environment due to samplers usually having their own memory server.. 32 bit shouldn't be too much of an obstacle for FL users on mac, they could still make use of 64 gb of ram with kontakt if they wanted, quite easily. Topic just gone, vanished. No record.
Oh, is it? If only there were some explanation, like an old thread being bumped by a returning-yet-again Image Line stalker/troll named Edward, and your post being deleted because without Edward's deleted post yours made no sense and looked like you'd bumped the old thread to talk to yourself. But of course there's not. It's skullduggery, it's silencing critics of Image Line. It must be. Because you won't find any criticism of them here. You'd sooner find criticism of IK, and we all know that isn't allowed here.

As for the SPL Rangers thread, I didn't do the deleting so I can't say why it was done, but if I had to guess it had to do with the thread having been bumped after a year by jens purely to call someone names* (Outrageous!), after which you, Theo, went on about how yet another company has done you wrong and you'll have nothing more to do with them, at which point I lost interest (so I don't know what else was deleted). After either of those things, a thread might take an unfortunate turn. Maybe that one didn't, and there's some other reason for the deletion and lock, I don't know.

But if the purpose was to hide bad things being said about a PIA product, why leave all those posts about how wrong the frequencies are (the entire thread is intact except for what came after jens's post, I believe)?

*Possibly reported by someone involved in this latest bitching festival.
We all know you have it in for me so let's just face facts.
I had no idea what happened with jens, and yes with the amount of crap allowed against IK you have proven a very good point.. what was the big deal that i complained that plug in alliance dropped a $149 plugin to $9 and continually devalue their plugins?

I can go go the forums right now and find thousands of posts having digs at various devs/pricing/products.. but when it's me doing it, all the lynches come out. I can prove it statistically with evidence and am happy to, just say the word. I have been compiling heaps of stuff like this the last two years.

As far as the fl mac alpha topic, it's still a completely relevant topic because thats the stage FL mac is still in, alpha.

I was actually trying to HELP people realise that on MAC one can still make huge use of ram using 32 bit daw's by using plug in samplers like kontakt. It was a very useful post.

MAN you hold a grudge. I was banned, Ben let me back in Jan 2014, you have never gotten over it. You even joined in when someone started a topic just about me in the OT section to complain I was back and bash me - totally against the rules yet both mods jumped in to add how angry you guys were was i was back. I saved it all. Really professional for the moderators here :roll:

How's this for a post?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... o#p6250129

The other mod for you. Who i had recently pm'd with and shaken hands and made peace, then he goes and posts *that*. In a topic i hd never even read let alone taken part in.
Instead of entertaining the poster who wrote that, the comment should have been deleted by the mod as it was so OT and way off base.. however the mod decided not only to NOT delete the comment, but to quote it and add to it and make fun of me too!. That felt REALLY great. Like i go around here doing that to other MEMBERS..NOT.. no matter what you guys think you have on me you will never have THAT as i don't do that nor talk about banned people behind their backs. Come on, find me a post in the last 5 years. You can't.

As far as complaints, let's look at some logic here.. i am a HUGE spender.. that means, that statistically, there is a much higher chance of me feeling slighted by a dev than the average spender. It's all statistics mate. At one point i owned every plugin that actually existed and every daw, say a decade back, and i admitted that was obviously my OCD in full force and tried to turn it around. But still, I have thousands of products, and if you can find 10 devs i really dislike and think are bad people out of that, that's not bad odds at all. But some of you guys hone in like experts and pick only when I have a complaint, yet conveniently miss the thousands (literally) of posts praising products and devs, that i make every single day. It's quite funny really, as if i think something is a good product I still recommend it to people even if i don't like the dev - but again it's conveniently missed when someone wants to have a go at me.

You know, i came back in Jan 2014 and gave flawless, impeccable behaviour for 18 whole months to prove it can be done. But eventually the abuse got the better of me and now, since about July this year I would say, i let a bit slip now and then, but overall still 100x better than i was a few years back. Do you know how hard it is to be constantly kicked and made fun of and come back standing again and keeping my mouth shut over and over like meffy taught me? (wherever he is, THAT was a mod who was totally fair and i miss him and hope he's ok. And guess what? he hardly ever agreed with me, but he never got involved in bashing and always intelligently explained his point of view to me ;) )
It is VERY difficult when you feel constant pressure about everything you write that you have cyber stalkers waiting to pounce and cause trouble for you. And that BOTH main mods of the forum also have it in for you - it is permanent pressure whenever I am here and my hands tremble if i have something negative to write about a product because i know what's going to happen. Like i said just say the word and i will prove that devs and products get bashed here every single day and mods and others don't give the poster any grief about it, but it's WW3 when I do it. Every single time like clockwork.

I am actually amazed i held it together for 18 months so perfectly knowing how much you and a few others hate me. When I have actually *proven* I could turn everything around, and the mods won't give me a break and are holding grudges, then how can i really EVER be accepted like any other member here?

Oh and the meds thing! Love that one! thrown back in my face eternally..Just incredible. I was genuinely very ill and in hospital every other week and on mind altering meds for a few years. Suffering every single day of my life. Now instead i suffer mind altering pain NOT to have meds which affect my behaviour, yet i am still bullied about it years later.... It's stuff of movies.

You going to ban me too now even though i haven't actually abused you? Probably.

Whatever.

Edit: corrected grammar and spelling. Provided slightly more detail.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Someone involved with the plugin recently made a bug fix and it was posted in this forum... I tried finding a link but couldn't.

TheoM wrote:what was the big deal that i complained that PIA dropped a $149 plugin to $9 and continually devalue their plugins?
$149 you say... :D

How about €239.50 ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/eq_rang ... pl/details
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:
TheoM wrote:what was the big deal that i complained that PIA dropped a $149 plugin to $9 and continually devalue their plugins?
$149 you say... :D

How about €239.50 ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/eq_rang ... pl/details

hmm that might have been a very brief intro price, honestly i always remember them i think at 179 or 149.. or perhaps they were 249 and i am dreaming. either way, drastic drop.

I am all for a promo here or there, a sale here or there, but they are doing this on a permanent rotating basis now, something is always on sale. And unlike waves where if you bought mercury for 2500 USD on sale you get tons of new plugins as they are released, if you buy the alliance all bundle for 4k you get no such thing (and the all bundle has never been on sale itself), you always need to pay as plugins are added (if you want to have them all).

and that's how I feel - that the company doesn't value loyalty, just sales.

Also, some devs obviously agree with me and my reasoning.. i have seen many of the ones who don't offer sales specifically because they say it is unfair to early loyal adopters ;) So sure one can think either way about it but I can guarantee i am not the only one thinking this way. I certainly did not expect such expensive plugins to be going dow to $9.

Answer me this, anyone.. Will you ever buy a PIA product at full price or from now on will you wait for a $9 sale? ;)

I for one like the plugin. As long as you just use your ears and don't rely on band 'A' being exactly correct. It has a very smooth sound.

3ee wrote:not for me... I remember they sound a bit harshy, had the free version some years ago...
Probably really worth it if you prefer graphic eqs over parametric ones and are new to plugins. :P
Harsh? They're anything but harsh.. What has being 'new' to plugins got to do with graphic and parametric eq's? They both have their place.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

TheoM wrote:..but he never got involved in bashing and always intelligently explained to me his point of view ;) )
You seem quite happy to get involved in bashing yourself though Theo. You got very personal in your buss processing thread - directly insulted me and my ability and then cowardly locked the thread. Care to link to music you've mixed or mastered so I can pass judgement on it?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
TheoM wrote:..but he never got involved in bashing and always intelligently explained to me his point of view ;) )
You seem quite happy to get involved in bashing yourself though Theo. You got very personal in your buss processing thread - directly insulted me and my ability and then cowardly locked the thread. Care to link to music you've mixed or mastered so I can pass judgement on it?

pot kettle black. I never insult someone so personally first. Ever. You said i didn't know the difference between mixing and mastering, you had a jab first, i had one back. The difference is I am a man who admits what he did but you only make excuses for YOUR initial insult that sparked the reply, and keep trying to pretend it wasn't one. Nice try, but no dice. ;) My comment was a lot less direct and a lot less insulting than yours and was made directly back on the topic you yourself insulted ME on. I am amazed you can't see the context it was made in.
I only pressed "display this post" because i knew you were going to try something like this. That said, it's much easier to just let you write whatever nonsense you want and not to read it. So, carry on.
As far as my music, i only share that for free with friends. No one here even has a clue what my artist name is. Who knows, you might have heard it many times before. I have no interest in joining the KVR music cafe, never have never will.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

spacekid wrote:I for one like the plugin. As long as you just use your ears and don't rely on band 'A' being exactly correct. It has a very smooth sound.
After the freq being wrong for so many years I'm surprised people still "finding out" every year. Then again $9 is a good reason I guess. Still fun EQ to pull out once in a while.

It's just another mediocre and obsolete EQ plugin, like so many of them out there.

You kidding right?? Of course its worth $9, their really worth much more than that.

They take a lot of guess work out of finding suitable frequencies for each source, and if you can't fix it quickly with that, then you know you've got bigger problems and will need something more flexible.

Just because they are older, doesn't mean they aren't any good. What about these Fairchilds and LA2As or your classic Neves and SSLs everybody seems to want to model.

Those things are considerably older and based on technology designed and built with far less knowledge than we have had over the last 10 years.

Of course the Rangers are worth $9, but its only really worth it if you use them.

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's just another mediocre and obsolete EQ plugin, like so many of them out there.
Ah, so no presets planned then.

Return to “Effects”