Synthmaster preset banks worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, nice little Synthmaster sale going on, 50% off through November 30th:

http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster.aspx

Second, are the preset banks worth it? Do they include anything outside the Factory version, like samples or waveforms, or any other such thing besides the actual preset?

When I got Synthmaster a while ago I did get the whole preset collection because at the time I wasn't into programming my own sounds which I now do exclusively. I can honestly say they are worth getting. They cover just about everything and many are very well done. And there are a ton of them.

You won't be sorry.

I agree with Wagtunes.

They do include some additional samples & waveforms, but if you can also load in basic sfz files as oscillators as well.

Get it. You won't be sorry. Saves a lot of time!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Thanks for the replies.

Been trying to purchase the past few hours and payment won't go through. Then I see their official address is in Turkey. Has full scale war broken out or something? All international transactions cutoff?

jbw wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Been trying to purchase the past few hours and payment won't go through. Then I see their official address is in Turkey. Has full scale war broken out or something? All international transactions cutoff?
I don't know what could be going on but they do have an official forum here so you might try going there and posting or go to their web site and use their contact form.

No. I can't recommend at all.
They are the 'bloat' that has all but killed this little machine for me.
The majority of these banks are very redundant to each other and more geared to the EDM idioms.
... (edit)
Site connection and downloading problems are something you better get use to if you buy this.

Great product and a nice enough developer.
But buy only what you want/need as the bang for the buck 'everything' can quickly turn it into a rock that no one wants. IMO; Your best deal is the base package without any expansions except the few you personally need.

I was using it for most of my FM type sounds but have since went back to FM8 which is so much more solid and stable. Some of the samples help, but not enough to have replaced it with better VI's in every instance. Save your money for something else.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have a majority of the soundbanks and some are quite nice....but some are average at best. If you can get a great deal on the "everything bundle" though, personally I would just go for it.

If you intend to keep the licences you buy, instead of gauging them by their resale value, :roll: the presets are very good and wide in variety. The "All Bundle" is a great value. You won't regret buying the lot.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

The Nori Ubukata banks are excellent. I bought most of the expansions when they were on sale but even at full pop the price is beyond fair. It's a great synth at a great price.

If You don't need all the libraries then You can get the "standard" bundle.
For 15$ over "factory" You get 150 presets - 2 or 3 libraries. Like BigTone Signature, Michael Kastrup and Nori Ubukata Sounds of the World, for example. I don't know what's rockin' Your boat :)
If You want another 5-6 libraries, there is additional discount coupon EXP5PACK.
That way for ~100$ You can get SM and 7-8 libraries.
Anything more than that - You're probably better off buying the "everything bundle" just now.

The Ubukata Historic Synth Giants are some of the most awesome tweaking I've yet to hear :tu:

Really gives me the feeling that I'm playing patches straight of those classic 70's albums

How easy it is to incorporate such sounds in modern EDM is a different issue, but for those liking older synth music, a most def to check out

I just upgraded from player, I'm not letting Daesh scare me away, if we stop buying plug ins, the terrorists win.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

:roll: ...

Whereas I find Nori's banks some of the weakest.... Little or no modulation, inconsistent volumes....and I think I own all the banks and went thru all the sounds a few weeks ago to choose my favourites.

Nori patches for the most part, seems very incomplete to me, sound very promising until you start to play them and notice little or no modulation and inconsistent volumes as mentioned above.

ymmv
rsp
sound sculptist

braj wrote:I just upgraded from player, I'm not letting Daesh scare me away, if we stop buying plug ins, the terrorists win.
HaHa!! I like your style!

Return to “Instruments”