PPG Phonem (Advanced Vocal Synthesizer) official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonemklatura for Phonem PPG Phonem

pdxindy wrote: What sort of vocal production tools do you currently have? You mean stuff like Vocaloid? Alter/Ego?
yes, vocaloid one through four (several)
piapro studio
cantor 2
Vocalise
blue/the ladies
etc.

Daags wrote:
camsr wrote:
Daags wrote: anyway, no demo (as in trial period/license) and 'all sales are final' ....

strikes me as walking a fine line on legality. ethically, it's pretty clear ... it's not very.
I don't see it that way. They admitted their team is small and that means they don't have the resources to implement every single flippin' request KVR audio has...
Sometimes Word Of Mouth marketing is the best, take it from the early adopters that they enjoy using the plugin and the results are worthy of consideration. But I have to say in this case, a little more transparency would be more comfortable, as I don't have hundreds of Euros laying around to gamble with :hyper: and I don't want to make random changes to my computers file permissions either...

i'm very happy for you that you have your own point of view. you are a special snow flake.

it's really a special point of view, too.

as for me, I don't think providing a demo qualifies as 'providing every single flippin request KVR audio has' ... nor comes anywhere even remotely close to such a statement. plenty of solo developers can manage it. small teams too. and those that don't, provide the next best ethical alternative - a money back guarantee.

as for the rest of your statement...what does it even mean ? more transparency would be comfortable ? huh ? ... he's been perfectly transparent. what more transparency do you want, and how will it make a special snow flake like you more comfortable ?

anyways, the question of ethics may be moot. since I'm not even sure it's legal to declare 'all sales are final', especially without an opportunity to demo the software product. especially in Germany - land of the consumer protection laws.
Bravo man, bravo.
I'm not confused, I don't want to carry a conversation with a "special snowflake"er.

---

I really hope for the plugin to work correctly and discreetly on my computer. I don't like the hassle of a new piece of software's rules.

camsr wrote:
Daags wrote:
camsr wrote:
Daags wrote: anyway, no demo (as in trial period/license) and 'all sales are final' ....

strikes me as walking a fine line on legality. ethically, it's pretty clear ... it's not very.
I don't see it that way. They admitted their team is small and that means they don't have the resources to implement every single flippin' request KVR audio has...
Sometimes Word Of Mouth marketing is the best, take it from the early adopters that they enjoy using the plugin and the results are worthy of consideration. But I have to say in this case, a little more transparency would be more comfortable, as I don't have hundreds of Euros laying around to gamble with :hyper: and I don't want to make random changes to my computers file permissions either...

i'm very happy for you that you have your own point of view. you are a special snow flake.

it's really a special point of view, too.

as for me, I don't think providing a demo qualifies as 'providing every single flippin request KVR audio has' ... nor comes anywhere even remotely close to such a statement. plenty of solo developers can manage it. small teams too. and those that don't, provide the next best ethical alternative - a money back guarantee.

as for the rest of your statement...what does it even mean ? more transparency would be comfortable ? huh ? ... he's been perfectly transparent. what more transparency do you want, and how will it make a special snow flake like you more comfortable ?

anyways, the question of ethics may be moot. since I'm not even sure it's legal to declare 'all sales are final', especially without an opportunity to demo the software product. especially in Germany - land of the consumer protection laws.
Bravo man, bravo.
I'm not confused, I don't want to carry a conversation with a "special snowflake"er.

---

I really hope for the plugin to work correctly and discreetly on my computer. I don't like the hassle of a new piece of software's rules.
well, if something doesn't work and we cannot fix it, we will refund, of course !

Then that's pretty much a guaranteed sale from me, as long as it works. :)

origwt wrote: well, if something doesn't work and we cannot fix it, we will refund, of course !
this is both a broad, and specific commitment though.

first of all ... 'fixing it' ... lets assume the problem is clear, what kind of time-frame do you propose is reasonable for your small team to fix a problem ?

second of all, what constitutes 'not working' ? it's a device that's supposed to sing articulated words. what you might find acceptible in terms of output and the input required to generate said output, I or someone else may not. As far as I or someone else may be concerned, this thing 'doesn't work' since the output may not be what is expected, or the input required may be unreasonable as far as I or someone else may be concerned. Obviously you are unlikely to agree in such a scenario, you believe the output and input should be self-evident.

but without the possibility of actually demoing the thing how is anyone supposed to know, do you really propose to 'just take my word for it' ? or rely on cooked up audio demos ? the word of third party soundset vendors, or amateurs with perhaps more money than sense ?

I hope you come to your senses in some respect, either providing a demo or offering a 30 day money back guarantee. Ethically it seems pretty clear, and legally... will I'm not convinced what you are currently doing is 100% above board.

Threadkiller. Are you buying a frickin' car or a $120 bit of innovative software? Live a little.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

yes. the person making clear, cogent arguments in favour of the industry standard [a] demo license or a 30 day money back guarantee is 'killing' the consumerist euphoria. Like, hey man, quit killing the vibe with your reasonable requests and observations - you're ruining our high somehow.

:roll:

my questions to the developer remain.

I can't imagine going through life being so terrified to take chances on a product, so inexpensive, that will more than likely work for 99% of purchasers. How does one with that attitude ever go to a nice restaurant? Do they ask to try the food first and get a guarantee that the meal is absolutely perfect, less they receive a full refund? I paid just over $250 last month at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse when my wife and I celebrated our 11th anniversary....and I didn't try the food first, just took a chance on it (REALLY good steaks BTW :tu: ). People like this, sadly, may die of sheer anxiety before they reach old age if they do not change their ways......or at get on some serious anxiety meds for God's sake! :wink: Life is too short- take a chance and be adventurous! :)
Last edited by quantum7 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oh great, we've gone from car analogies to FOOD analogies now ... there is no need for analogies. we're talking about software here. not steaks. not cars.

I agree with Daags

Software should either have a demo or a money back guarantee. I prefer the demo, but at least the option to return it needs to be there.

If I purchase some software, and it is buggy for me, I do not want to spend my time sorting out bugs, having conversations with Devs, making changes to my system and so on in order to get my money back. I have no interest in that unless the Dev wants to pay my going rate for my time to help them troubleshoot their buggy software. I don't consider it my responsibility to give my time to make a plugin work. That is what the money paid is for.

For years I have had a no demo, no purchase policy. This is actually the first plugin I have purchased without a demo for like 10 years. I've been burned too many times. In this case it is working fine and I'm happy with it. Still, without the demo, there needs to be a return policy otherwise there is too much burden on the user.

I'll walk my snark back a notch. I'm not the thread police. Actually, I tend to agree with the demo approach...then again, I've screwed myself in the past when a demo was available and I made the blind purchase without demoing (Ozone 6 upgrade).

Carry on...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

All software has bugs.
Software is not a guitar.
You don't own the software.

...and carrots taste better than broccoli.

'...and carrots taste better than broccoli.'

That's your opinion.

jk-cream2 wrote:'...and carrots taste better than broccoli.'

That's your opinion.
Yes, it is.

Return to “Instruments”