Which DAW for EDM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@trimph1

Hmm.. I was just thinking. Though the matter falls apart into what people actually do expect to produce in music.. so to speak.
To produce music in general is rather a complex matter; it crosses many forms of discipline. Although one can keep it quite simple of course.
There's no doubt that people do the same thing they did 40 years ago. The equipment became more available and more advanced. Nothing has changed so much though. On the contrary: people did make more references to their equipment than to their imagination since the last decades.

trimph1 wrote:Thing is that there are lots of other DAWs that do support vsts.

Why is it that there is always a push to get the same features on all DAWs? :shrug:
Some folks want to use just one DAW, crazy I know :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Hank the Knife wrote:@trimph1

Hmm.. I was just thinking. Though the matter falls apart into what people actually do expect to produce in music.. so to speak.
To produce music in general is rather a complex matter; it crosses many forms of discipline. Although one can keep it quite simple of course.
There's no doubt that people do the same thing they did 40 years ago. The equipment became more available and more advanced. Nothing has changed so much though. On the contrary: people did make more references to their equipment than to their imagination since the last decades.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. My vinyl collection sees a lot of bands doing the endorsement thing with Gibson, Fender even down to the strings used.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

TheoM wrote:
incubus wrote:Theo, you should know better than to bring up reason in a positive light at KVR :lol:

it's an awesome program for EDM. Really is.

What i find a bit frightening tbh is how some people wont use a certain host cause certain plugins aren't available for it. I mean it's not a plugin that makes a good song.

I could download reason right now and use noting other than the stock library and limited FX and have a professional produced and mastered sounding EDM song within a few hours (ok i am fussy so let's say 24 hrs non stop straight work). Couldn't any competent musician?

Sure i prefer having a bigger palette available (which is now possible with RE anyway) - this poster seems to think that 6,000 plugins are *required* to make edm, and the 2088 64 bit plugins available for logic aren't good enough. I think that says it all.
My A-1, my Riker, my Beau. Love it to death, feel thankful for finding it. Love my RE's too :) But KVR has a history of not taking kindly to it discussion wise, as you well know.

I get a kick out of Reason. So solid here.

The level of angst about its very existence kind of shows how closed minded supposedly open minded people get about a closed system.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Reason is the coolest it's ever been. I have two gripes with it, but the update ain't one of them. The Propellerheads are going in a good direction with Reason. It's a beautiful program.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Everyone is different. It's missing some REMEDIAL things......er.......can't drag/drop midi from the desktop/browser directly onto a part of track (creates a completely new track everytime :nutter: )

But then again, it doesn't crash and it's not buggy :shrug: And for EDM guys (or audio guys like me) blocks can be terribly handy!!! :love:

Hard to explain. Used live as my number one for years. It was ok, but even reason does better handling audio (which I even tried audio editors and they were destructive and didn't really edit the way I wanted :x )

But other than M4L and the crash-a-thon that was, good program. Well made, very handy, and I'm sure push2/9.5 is a doll to work with.

Logic's midi scripter plugin thing is very nice. Better (more user friendly, a better design) than Cockos JS imo. That's one of those things that would be useful anywhere.

I just bought Synthmaster yesterday, now I'm having buyer's remorse. This would have been a better use of the funds.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:This would have been a better use of the funds.
What exactly is "this"? :)

On the Synthmaster subject, downloaded demo the other day, changed skin to player, couldn't find the option to change it to anything else, gave up and erased it :lol: what I saw and heard before that didn't spark any interest whatsoever either :ud:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Oops, sorry posted in wrong topic, damn phone browser, grrrr.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

vote for fruityloops, so many cool features.

incubus wrote:Everyone is different. It's missing some REMEDIAL things......er.......can't drag/drop midi from the desktop/browser directly onto a part of track (creates a completely new track everytime :nutter: )

But then again, it doesn't crash and it's not buggy :shrug: And for EDM guys (or audio guys like me) blocks can be terribly handy!!! :love:

Hard to explain. Used live as my number one for years. It was ok, but even reason does better handling audio (which I even tried audio editors and they were destructive and didn't really edit the way I wanted :x )

But other than M4L and the crash-a-thon that was, good program. Well made, very handy, and I'm sure push2/9.5 is a doll to work with.

in all fairness props have acknowledged that one and it was supposed to make it into R8 release.. it is on top of list of things to fix.. i have full confidence that it will be.

Me too.

I love reason.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”