z3ta 2 update?(bug fixes)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Z3TA+

You might have to wait a bit: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3321379 I guess it was a special situation for me, because i just purchased it (again).

Shows up in the command center here too btw.

I'm not installing (yet another) license manager like the Cakewalk Command Center just for a Z3TA+2 bug fix version. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You don't have to. It can be installed without the command center too. It didn't let me choose the VST plugin path though, i was only able to do so when using the command center. Not sure if that's normal or not. Per default, it installs the VST in /ProgramFiles/Cakewalk/Vstplugins here, but that might be due to some registry key still present from the last time i had Z3TA 2 installed on my system, could be different for you. I don't like loads of license managers on my system either, the Cakewalk command center doesn't seems to be very interferring though.

In response to my question yesterday a CW employee answered:

"That is correct, authorization for Z3TA+ 2.2 is through Command Center". (in regards to a version that is in the works, not released yet)

:shrug:

Anyway for just a bug fix version I'm not installing another license manager that does a check for updates every 24 hours. I've already got N.I.'s Service Center, IK's License Manager, iLok E-Licenser and probably others I'm not remembering right now.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:In response to my question yesterday a CW employee answered:

"That is correct, authorization for Z3TA+ 2.2 is through Command Center". (version that is in the works, not released yet)
Alright, didn't know that. I guess that also explains why you don't need a registration code anymore. Btw, the new Version may have fixed some issues, but it also introduced some again... e.g. i had no GUI oscillator controls anymore after i switched the osc mode from Multi, free to Normal, sync on one oscillator. Hope they don't do things by halves now, and keep going.

I just tried to install the latest version available from my CW account on this computer just to see what happens and it informed me that Win XP is no longer supported.....wouldn't even install. But I don't blame them for not supporting a legacy OS. I don't think I'll even bother trying to install on my Win 7 studio computer. Z3TA+2 works pretty well here for my needs so I'll just stay with the version I have right now. CW's bug fix/then introduce new bugs in each version seems to have spilled over from Sonar to Z3TA.
I got off the Sonar train at X3e so it looks like CW software is dead ended here....... :?

For what it's worth, I installed their silly Command Center (MacOS Yosemite) and was able to install the 2.2 update with no issues.

Hopefully this means they're going to keep working on it...

hows z3ta running on yosemite? I bought the upgrade a couple years ago as always had a huge soft spot for z3ta but i had issues and never installed it on my new machine yet.

Any specific logic bugs i should be aware of?

Such a shame cakewalk do this, and it's a never ending cycle with them.

Looks like the new version is offical:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Z3TA/Whats-New

New features include: VST3 support, AAX Support for Pro Tools users, Windows 10 Support, Mac OS X El Capitan Support, 4 Stage Phaser, Arpeggiator Bypass, Improved Search Functionality, Load FX from another program, Mod Matrix Additions and "Dozens of fixes and enhancements".

Haven't heard back from the report about the "Waveshaper Modulation Bug" that I have created several months (or now rather years) ago though.

Wonder what "Load FX from another program" means. Loading effect presets from another preset? Or does Z3ta+ 2 now contain a VST host?
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Noodled with it yesterday, and modulated the waveshapers with LFO, and didn't run into problems (even after using host Transport controls). Can't really say finally though, only used it around an hour or so. There's a major glitch with the GUI though in the new version. Try to do an init patch, choose sawtooth as oscillator wave (probably also works with any other waveform), click in the menu field for osc mode, changing it from normal, sync to another mode, and you already will see that that reacts pretty sluggish, and you can't click more than one time in a second, or the menu will not react, and right clicking lead to going backwards one time, and then the menu stopped responding, and when i chose a mode from the drop-down menu then, accessible over the arrow, all knobs, and menu fields in the oscillator section were gone/blank. Already filed a 2 bug reports for that. As i wrote in another thread, i have no idea how that went past their testers.

TheoM wrote:hows z3ta running on yosemite? I bought the upgrade a couple years ago as always had a huge soft spot for z3ta but i had issues and never installed it on my new machine yet.

Any specific logic bugs i should be aware of?

Such a shame cakewalk do this, and it's a never ending cycle with them.
It's working fine on El Capitan, so I assume that it should work fine on yosemite.

I think that cakewalk doesn't have a working team for Mac. AFAIK, they just contract a guy each time that something is needed.

They posted a changelog for the new version in the CW forum: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Z3TA-22-Relea ... 22269.aspx

They're also looking into the issue i posted above it seems.

Still no VST 2 on Mac!

the only reason this buggy piece of crap is still on my comp, is because its a simple offline serial authorization.

so now they are going challenge/response?? haha cya

Seriously, Z3TA 2 could be an absolute killer synth, if they nail out the bugs. Realized again today and yesterday how much of a feature beast this thing is. Sound is good too.

Return to “Instruments”