I have no GAS. WTH???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The challenge I face right now, is which controller(s) do I want? The linnstrument and the seaboards are the opposite of what I'd like - I'd like a small portable linstrument, less the half the size of what it is (like a launchpad sized linnstrument) and also a 5 octave seaboard rise (which is only 2 octaves currently. So one thing for 2 handed keyboard type layout and one little portable thing with a grid type layout but still more than 2 octaves (I think 64 pads for example would have about 3 and a half chromatically with guitar type layout). Although I haven't tried the seaboard grande, it's possible that might feel better than the rise for two handed playing.

Anyways that's all I really care about now is these cool new controllers and instruments that can make use of them.
I was leaning towards the Linnstrument... but I've seen more videos of the Seaboard (Grand and Rise) that impress me with the expressive playing. So now I'm leaning towards the Rise. I wish the Rise was 37 notes instead of 25.

Astralv wrote:It just nothing to want. I have them all. I got Iris and Falcon recently, Sample Logic new release... Otherwise- nothing happening. I dont expect anything exciting to be released on Friday. Ok- I want one thing. I want Lacrimosa by 8Dio- the choir. And it is on sale. And I almost bought it. But it is still too much for me. So I went and bought 8 TB back up hard drive. I ran out of space on 3rd backup hard drive. I also want another SSD because I dont like to store my samples on HDD, but I used all ports on my computer and had to go with HDD or turn myself in rehab. So I saw these cool new 1 TB SSDs by OCZ... Almost bought one- had to drag myself away from computer...

Did you buy Phonem yet?

What the f**k is GAS.

It means "Greedy ars". No- it is gear acquisition syndrome.

What is Phonem? Ok, I see. Hmmm... Have to monitor it for a while. Looks interesting, thank you.

Thanks for sharing about the Seaboard. Now I want that too! But $799 is not going top happen. Also I agree- 37 keys would be much better. Also it looks like the distance between the keys is not natural. And not many soft synths would be compatible with it. Unless we assign the CC01 Mod Wheel to everything.

It is hard for me to think about gear. My wife passed away suddenly in October, and I am nowhere close to getting my head around that. On top of that, my disabled stepdaughter's biological father is fighting me for guardianship. I am $7500 in on that with no end in sight.

If anyone is interested in helping me protect my stepdaughter from being consigned to an institution, you can contribute to my gofundme campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/jenguardianfund
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I love not having gas anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Damn, guitars still keep calling my name :x

GAS doesn't usually get me, but the 'Bundle Disorder' does.

Which is, I want one item, go to the site and find a slight interest in another of their's... and find that for the price of buying three of theirs, I get 6 or 10 or 13 or however many they offer in the reduced price bundle. Which means I have 30-40 VI's of which I actually use maybe 10. I don't mind that so much, as long as I don't get caught in trying to find sounds for the ones I had little interest in, just to see if I might get some interest in them.
(I call that SAS = Sound Acquisition Syndrome)
And consider that one of my weakest areas of consumerism. Bloat kills.
I Almost felt some GAS coming on with Falcon, but iLok/Pace killed it fast. :phew:

So with the recent plugin 'Bundles' being offered right now, I'm not finding anything that even grabs me by the bundle either. At least not in plugins. BF/CM remains to be seen in sample/sound library bundles though. :shrug:
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incubus wrote:I love not having gas anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Damn, guitars still keep calling my name :x
It's effect pedals with me now. :cry:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

incubus wrote:I love not having gas anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
I'm glad mine is cured. I went on a 4 year Blitzkrieg and it's finally come to an end I think. I'll just be doing select upgrades from here on in.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

You, my friend have entered a new level of GAS. This is a symptom of Sneaky GAS - you think you are cured, and suddenly when you least expect it - you buy the whole music shop.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

For some period I had no GAS. It was after buying a hardware synth. I thought I will buy only hardware synths but because I can't afford another hardware and also have no place, the GAS has returned for software synths!

I already have more than I need, but still will buy the following:
NI Komplete
iPad with 4-5 synths and Notion
Korg taktile 25
u-he Zebra and Diva
Some other synths maybe next year!

The only GAS I don't feel anymore is for DAWs. I'm using now just one DAW now and I'm happy with :)

Someone call a doctor this man has no GAS, situation critical! :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

DrGonzo wrote:This is a symptom of Sneaky GAS - you think you are cured, and suddenly when you least expect it - you buy the whole music shop.
/C
:lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

:D

Well... would love to say that i'm cured too, but then it always strikes me again. Mainly in the form of special sales, or ridiculous Prices on the market place here. I feel pretty saturated with the stuff i have though, so it's rather a kind of "I'll take that for the money" thing. Unfortunately that leads to some stuff which will never or hardly be used. Oh well.

The Chase wrote:What the f**k is GAS.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks everyone who writes this has bowel problems :wheee:

Return to “Instruments”