UVI Vintage vault vs Arturia V4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have this ones? UVI Vintage vault seems nice, but no demo and iLok :/

ILok is software or hardware dongle for UVI. Arturia no longer requires hardware (e-licenser) dongle.

Being the caption obvious: remember that UVI is samples and Arturia not.

...but then again UVI comes with more flavours than Arturia

UVI does not require a hardware dongle either, but honestly, who cares? If you like/want/need the software just get it. I run both happily without any awareness of the software piracy protection.

Buy both… I did!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:Buy both… I did!
And?

I have both. I've found SEM from Arturia the most useful of the bunch. Had I to do it all over again, I'd just get SEM and DIVA. Vintage Vault is good and vast. I've only just begun diving into it, more so now with Falcon.

I'm not a big fan of Arturia's emulation style, but demo it for yourself. As stated earlier UVI is all samples so it's a different style. At first I didn't like UVI as much, but using them over time has changed my opinion greatly.

I don't know, it's not the first time i demoed Arturia, but every time i just feel "meh". I want to like it, but i can't :neutral: Otherwise i saw the whole package for 199 $ 8)

I would say that the combination of UVI Falcon and UVI Vintage Vault would be a very powerful and versatile combination, also as Falcon offers tons of synthesis options (even without using the included sample based Osc modules).
Personally from the UVI libraries i only got Mello so far which i got for the voucher included wit hteh Falcon purchase.

From the Arturia synths i got Matrix-12V, Jupiter 8V, Oberheim SEM V and Prohpet V. While Vintage Vault seems to include samples of some of those it seems to be OK for the included presets but it is not a full featured synths like those Arturia plugins.
So if you want to create your own patches based on those synths the Arturia synths seem to be a better option.

On the other hand Falcon is a great synth on it's own with tomns of options and it even includes a filter module inspired by the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix 12. For an emulation of the Matrix-12 i would somehow still prefer using Arturia Matrix-12 V.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: On the other hand Falcon is a great synth on it's own with tomns of options and it even includes a filter module inspired by the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix 12. For an emulation of the Matrix-12 i would somehow still prefer using Arturia Matrix-12 V.
The Xpander filters in Falcon are NOT the Oberheim Xpander filters. They are somehow "inspired", but they don't sound the same, and have way more configurations (the Xpander/Matrix-12 filter "only" has 15 configurations, and the Falcon has much more). That said, the ocillators also are not the same, but given the Falcon verstaility, it may be possible to recreate the Matrix-12 configuration (still didn't investigate that), but it will be a rather laborious and time consuming task.

Using the Arturia Matrix-12 will be much faster and more productive.
Fernando (FMR)

Get both. They complement each other. I plan on upgrading to Falcon and some point in the immediate future which will breath new life into Vintage Vault.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

fmr wrote:
Ingonator wrote: On the other hand Falcon is a great synth on it's own with tomns of options and it even includes a filter module inspired by the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix 12. For an emulation of the Matrix-12 i would somehow still prefer using Arturia Matrix-12 V.
The Xpander filters in Falcon are NOT the Oberheim Xpander filters. They are somehow "inspired", but they don't sound the same, and have way more configurations (the Xpander/Matrix-12 filter "only" has 15 configurations, and the Falcon has much more). That said, the ocillators also are not the same, but given the Falcon verstaility, it may be possible to recreate the Matrix-12 configuration (still didn't investigate that), but it will be a rather laborious and time consuming task.

Using the Arturia Matrix-12 will be much faster and more productive.
Hi,

i already know that the Xpander filter in Falcon is no "spot on" emulation which is why i called it "inspired" by.
I also mentioned taht as a Matrix 12 emulation i would still prefer Arturia Matrix-12V. I also know that the original filter (like the one in teh Arturia plugin) only had 15 modes.

Anyway for using it in your own Falcon patches the Xpnader filter in Falcon is good enough and very versatile, especially in combination with the wavetable oscillator.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Really? You guys are comparing the Matrix-12V to Falcon? Bottom line for me... is they are in completely different leagues. Matrix-12 is (yet another) Arturia synth, with marginal sounds and destined to have limited to no support. Falcon is a workhorse with so much more under the hood sonically. I picked up the Matrix 12 a few months ago. Wish I had my money back, so I could use it for more Falcon sounds.

jdoo wrote:Really? You guys are comparing the Matrix-12V to Falcon? Bottom line for me... is they are in completely different leagues. Matrix-12 is (yet another) Arturia synth, with marginal sounds and destined to have limited to no support. Falcon is a workhorse with so much more under the hood sonically. I picked up the Matrix 12 a few months ago. Wish I had my money back, so I could use it for more Falcon sounds.
Not comparing the full feature set of Falcon but it includes a filter inspired by the Oberheim Xpander (which is the same as in Matrix 12) so why is a comparison to Matrix 12V so strange?

Anyway i own both synths and agree that the overall feature set of Falcon is not comparable. I also mentioned that while the filter in Matrxi 12 seems to be closer to teh real thing the Xpander filter in Falcon is very versatile, especially if used in combination with the other modules in Falcon.

The same Xpander filter was also part of MachFive 3 and UVI Workstation and seemed to be used in multiple UVI libraries.

FWIW while Falcon is indeed very powerful within some limitations Matrix 12 V is very powerful too, especially in terms of filter modes, modulation sources and the mod matrix.
Personally i am using Waves OneKonb Phatter with it to improve the low end and also some other external FXs like e.g. ValhallaÜberMod and ValhallaVintageVerb.

Like alraedy mentioned in my firs tpost here i also mentioned that a combination of Falcon and Vintage Vault looks like a powerful and/or versatile combination.
On the other hand the Arturia synths are no sample based opposing to Vinrtage Vault so in terms of pure synthesis or programming your own pathces they could be a good option, also depending on which sounds you really need.
If you are not really interested in having dedicated emulations and having a big amount of presets are enough then the Falcon and Vintage Vault combination seems to be a great option.

Like someone else alraedy mentioned some of the emulations from Arturia (and also the included Spark 2) seem to be hardly replacable by both Falcon and Vintage Vault. Overall the comparison looks slightly like apples and oranges and teh decison should depend on what you (or better the OP...) really want...
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”