I would like the ability to tag individual posts with related keywords

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

To tag or not to tag?

Why not, it might prove useful
100%
No
No votes
Lamprey
No votes

Total votes: 3

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

as the title says, I would like for us to be able to tag posts with keywords -- and then have a directory page with the tags and links to the posts in question.

It would serve as a directory for the forum posts. KVR is a massive forum with well over a decade of conversations. A lot of good information is lost in the pile and it can be hard to find interesting topics or posts related to something specific.

What I mean by tagging is that there's a thread, and it can actually be about just about anything because being off-topic isn't uncommon, and there's a single post that is just pure gold because it provides a tip about achieving something specific. Perhaps it's about vocals and tagging that post with something like #synthesis #vocals or #compression #vocals and being able to find those specific posts in a directory page where I could look for specific tags, for instance synthesis or vocals, ..

I think that would be very useful for finding information about something that I'm interested in at the moment or for learning about what has already been said about something. Perhaps not so much about products, but more about techniques, theory, methods, etc.

We already have the possibility to tag threads with products related to the topic and I find it very useful, because those threads can then be found on the page of that product in the plugin database. People are using the functionality and it's good for finding threads about the plugins. Perhaps this tagging functionality could be built from that or from the "report post"-function that already exists for reporting individual posts to the moderators.

What say ye?

Return to “Site Stuff”