An email every day with all new posts in a thread?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there.

I'm trying to follow the "bargains" thread (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=262151) regularly, but I forget too often and miss deals.

Is it possible to get an email every day with all new posts in this thread or others?

Or some kind of RSS-thing?

I use bloglovin.com to get a daily email update with all new posts in the blogs I follow, could that be used for this?

Thanks!

Just enter the url from the market place forum in your RSS reader that will give you an RSS feed,there's a subscribe button on the top of the forums too,which i think sends you emails of new posts

What happens when you subscribe to the respective thread? I always get an e-mail notification when there's new posts in the threads i subscribed too.

He/She is wanting to subscribe to a forum,which you can do with the "subscribe to this forum" button on each sub forum,but i don't know about the emails for the forum subscribe,I never subscribed to a forum

But he wrote he wanted to keep track of new replies in specific threads. Well, you can do that by hitting the subscribe button on the bottom of each topic. Then you get notified about new replies for every single topic you subcribed as far as i know. Not sure how often you get emails then though. I doubt that you e.g. get 20 emails a day for every new reply there was. I only have one active thread subscribed, and there is maybe one reply every 5 days or so, so i can't tell really.

Note also that the post's content is not displayed in the email, it's rather informational i think, you get to see who replied to the topic at which time, but not what was posted. Maybe that's what you mean?

My bad,i thought it was new threads in the market place forum,

I think the subscribe thread emails work like this,you subscribe & get the next reply but only 1 reply,then if you click if from you email to visit the forum,you will get the another reply but still only 1 next time,

That thread subscription is probably the way to go. But also check if your feed reading service (bloglovin) allows you to filter the feeds. I'm using Mozilla's Thunderbird for email/feeds/calendar and it's pretty easy to set filters in it. Just tried it like this: if the subject line doesn't have the word "bargain" in it, the message goes to another folder and thus if it does have that word, the message stays in the subscribed feed (the Market place forum feed is at http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/feed.php?f=43). That could be further refined with filtering messages with the line "Bargain Center (Bargains ONLY; NO Chat)" and thrashing everything else.

Return to “Site Stuff”