are there FREE vst FX that can transform TREBLES of a track into BASS ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you judged, I judged. we have a different point of view, then, that's life. :shrug:

CinningBao wrote:
jancivil wrote: With his work. Ok, then. I feel like the "mocking" is normal and your post is... psychobabble word, yes, but I think accurate: enabling. & weird. Sure, it makes you a better person than the 'attacker'. :shrug:
Judge away.. if that's a good use of your time.
I listened to your «She Moves in Mysterious Power» experiment: nice kind of wild mash-up! :tu:

On a side note, I got in a counterproductive clash with the poster above today. Thank you for reminding me, by your short answer, that it's a smarter idea to simply move on when coming across some folks.

I think iZotope RX5 Advanced will do what you want. If you keep looking, you might even find it on sale.

Also, you might be able to do it with Adobe Audition, which comes as part of a Creative Cloud monthly subscription.

Both are great tools and highly recommended!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I have a good laugh reading OP question again. Hope he don't ask how to transform a .wav into a donut next time.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

trimph1 wrote:How about this radical concept...transcribing your notes from one to the other? You might learn some part writing bits as well!!
Sorry Triumph1, this that follows under is not directed to you personnaly, but you may find in it some prescision as to my way of doing things, what follows under, it's in generaly speaking terms to those same one dumboz that kind of stalk me in this post here again, as they did in my first (now closed ) topic

ahahaaah, I see n notice that the same one's that had my first topic here (on KVR forum) finaly closed by a modo, are here again, on this topic, doing the same things as what they did there starting the fuzz that ended up with my topic being closed

I said in that past first topic (now dead topic because of those dumboz), and I resay it again for the deafs :

I don't want to learn anything about music, nor technics, I just want to keep me totaly FREE for HASARD and for naive music discoveries with hasard, and, if by hasard, if I was ever to learn something ? I will do it with hasard, and certainly not with the schools of Men that wants money before delivering you a good or bad tuition (same price for both ANYWAY).....I added, in my first (now closed) topic, that I despise the schools of Men for that reasons : that they do not offer good music tuition to the poors that would like to learn music theory.....If you have no money, you can't go to music school if you want, so I despise Men schools for that, and if I was to ever learn music theory, it would be with some more UNIVERSAL TEACHERS than Men....

That's what I said in my first now closed topic, and I resay it here again, because it is my WAY of doing things, and no one has any rights to try schooling me and to judge me because I have not been schooled, and don't want to be schooled.....

So please, if you don't like my WAY of doing things to do my music in my own free way, please, please, please, go and play your way of seeing things about me, elsewhere, go and propagande your schooling to someone else, that may need it more than me...BECAUSE ONE THING FOR SURE, IT"S YOUR LIKES THAT TRY TO FORCE SCHOOLING upon me that disgust me of schooling...

If your schools were as nice as you claim, if they were joyfull places, where we learn with pleasure and playfull games, AND more with LOVE even if we have no money, they would have crowds of people waiting to get in....but instead, you are all here propaganding to others that they must have a rich daddy, or work to make money to go to music schools to enrich the painfull doctors of your limited music theory schools....

NOT FOR ME FOLKS...I"am sick n tired of your ways Men....NOW i DO it MY OWN WAY.... BE IT PLEASING to YOU OR NOT... I don"t really care.. it's my WAY n it's MY FREEDOM to do that.. ist das klaar ??? (or something like that)...

So now things are going to go like that here on this topic of mine :

either you know of a vst that does what I ask for and you kindly post your links (preferably free vst, not expensive petrol factories)

either you don't, and so you show a high degrée of intelligence to shut up your verbal stores and go and give your music theory lights to others that are waiting for them, elsewhere

VitaminD wrote:More directly: No, what you are asking for is impossible if you are using sound files (Wav AIFF MP3).

The closest you can come to this is a pitch shifter as nineofkings suggested or an EQ plugin and using a low or highpass filter. These won't get you exactly what you want though... because for what you are asking is impossible.

If you are still at the MIDI stage (haven't frozen or rendered to wav for instance) then you can do as triumph1 suggested and just transpose the midi notes. This would be the recommended option if you have this option.
thanks for that answer, it helps, thanks

ras.s wrote:May or may not be related, but anyone know if there's a software equivalent of dbx 120a/120xp -- the subharmonic synthesizer? http://dbxpro.com/en/products/120a It takes a signal and synthesizes sub-frequencies. I've seen one in action on a soundsystem, giving extra oomph to old records -- software version could be useful for pre-processing tracks for the purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSKRurIvyo

edit: well, a quick search brought up several options. May not be useful for the OP, but here they are anyway:

https://www.refusesoftware.com/lowender
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=648
http://www.voxengo.com/product/lfmaxpunch/
http://www.waves.com/plugins/loair
thanks for your positive feed back, it helps...

Michael L wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if there were software that could, for example, transform the high-pitched noises of a Cricket or a Grandmotherly old woman into the deep, low-pitched rumble of a Grizzly bear or even mythical monsters (e.g. trolls, etc.)?
Its called Dehumaniser, and comes in Lite, Pro and Extended versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnYXYCXNxmc
jancivil wrote:I'm not sure you have actual thoughts to read here, though.
With this software, the OP could just translate his posts into different snarly sounds...
thanks, that HELPS very much, thanks so much, :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If you just want to lower the pitch of an entire track down into the bass range then there are plenty if Pitch Shift and Octave down VSTs. They will all produce artifacts, but since you're music is experimental in nature these artifacts may actually add interest.

If you actually want to flip the frequencies, then that would be Full Spectrum Inversion or Voice Inversion Scrambling...I don't know of any VSTs (not really my thing normally), but it would be something that could certainly be interesting for FSU and experimental stuff.

BTW, sent you a PM about older software called MetaMix that may interest you. It doesn't do pitch shift or octave stuff, though.

Roman Empire wrote:Dude, people do tease eachother here. All knowledge and feedback you´ll get is free, so there´s no money that you´ve wasted on bad service. If you don´t cope well with people that are being a bit funny, or at least trying to be, and especially if you state: YES I CAN, BUT THIS WAS NOT FUNNY!, then a free forum with volunteers is not the right place for you. Then better pay a consultant to do the research for you, and ask him to filter out all time wasting jokes given to him in the place where he asked.

Allright, enough being said about that: I´d actually be curious too about how that sounds:

Shifting all content from for instance 7k to 14k Hz down by 7000 Hz. I think a pitch shifter operates in sample blocks that are played faster and slower depending on whether if you want to pitch up or down, and not like this, but I may be wrong.
It may not sound good at all, but is worth trying. Is that what you mean? In fact I think I tried programming it in assembler on my Amiga 25 years ago, but all memories about if I did and what the result would be are gone.

Best Regards

Roman Empire
yes pitch shifters are good, but you have to apply them on solo bass track or solo trebble tracks that have not yet been processed with fx,

and as I work very fast (the only way to keep the hasard factor in is to not think) I was more thinking of a finished track with all the instruments mixed, that a vst could scan and give me clearly the separated sounds of each instruments in the track, so that I could sort of pitch shift (or any other fx) indepedantly each instruments if I want

I know my language to explain myself is not technical, nor from music theory, but some here seems to be able to read me between the line, and come up with pertinent answers

for the teasing, I don't really care, no time, nor energy to waste on that, just the scories around the gold I seek...

OBYONETAOPY wrote:I don't want to learn anything about music, nor technics
Up to you. However to achieve the kind of things you're asking about doing, you'll need to learn certain stuff. That's an unassailable fact, you're not going to change that.
I just want to keep me totaly FREE for HASARD and for naive music discoveries with hasard, and, if by hasard, if I was ever to learn something ?
That's up to you too. You'll be unable to do achieve certain things by not understanding them, though.
I will do it with hasard, and certainly not with the schools of Men that wants money before delivering you a good or bad tuition
Its irrelevant what anyone's source of learning is. You'll find most people here dont have any formal musical education at all, despite your assumption to the contrary.
However refusing to learn is a different thing from not wishing to undertake formal teaching or attend a school.
That's what I said in my first now closed topic, and I resay it here again, because it is my WAY of doing things, and no one has any rights to try schooling me and to judge me because I have not been schooled, and don't want to be schooled.....
Actually we have a right to judge you for refusing to learn, when you're turning up and expecting people, who have learned, to hand you the results of that learning on a plate, then judging those people for learning in the first place.
So please, if you don't like my WAY of doing things to do my music in my own free way, please, please, please, go and play your way of seeing things about me, elsewhere, go and propagande your schooling to someone else, that may need it more than me...BECAUSE ONE THING FOR SURE, IT"S YOUR LIKES THAT TRY TO FORCE SCHOOLING upon me that disgust me of schooling...
Nobody's forcing anything on you.
If your schools were as nice as you claim, if they were joyfull places, where we learn with pleasure and playfull games but instead, you are all here propaganding to others that they must have a rich daddy, or work to make money to go to music schools to enrich the painfull doctors of your limited music theory schools....
No-one claimed that. No-one apart from yourself has conflated 'learning' with 'schools'.
There's this thing called 'books' you see. And another thing called 'the internet'. People learn stuff without schools all the time. Except those who refuse to learn, of course.
NOT FOR ME FOLKS...I"am sick n tired of your ways Men....NOW i DO it MY OWN WAY.... BE IT PLEASING to YOU OR NOT... I don"t really care.. it's my WAY n it's MY FREEDOM to do that.. ist das klaar ??? (or something like that)...
And its MY WAY OF FREEDOM to point it out when I notice that

someone who refuses to invest any effort in learning
(and thus does not understand the problem he wants solved)
is expecting other people
(who have done the learning, so that they can understand the problem)
to provide the first person with the results of their understanding
(whilst that person simultaneously claims to be superior to those people he wants to do his work for him)
So now things are going to go like that here on this topic of mine :
Are they? That's nice.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I propose several alternative options. Some options may be randomly naively made up, therefore intrinsically more valid than any other. Randomly choose which alternative you think has best chaos, john cage, havoc, wooooo.

1. Phase invert the audio, turning it upside down. If its upside down, the treble becomes bass and vice versa.
2. Find an EQ with a 'mirror' button. This will reflect all frequencies about the centre point.
3. Resample the audio at, say, 6Khz, with no antialiasing, for Nyquist mirroring of the high frequencies into the low frequency range.
4. Convert the audiofile to an image. Rotate the image 180 degrees (in a bitmap editor?), then convert back to an audiofile.
5. Phase vocode your audio with 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor
6. Play your audio approximately 200m underwater. The density of the water at that depth will slow the transmission of audio vibrations into the bass end of the audio spectrum.
THANKS that helps too, u see u can do it when you want, that is dig deep into the intelligent part of u, to give intelligent answers, I like the deep underwater one best, specially if there r whales and dolphins adding their parts while I do it -_-

CinningBao wrote:Yeah - wow - this guy takes his art rather seriously!

With that in mind, my suggestion would be to
- import your track into an audio to midi convertor (polyphonic melodyne is good enough if you have it, I think logic has this function as well but not polyphonic),
- export it as a midi file,
- dump it in your DAW and
- mirror the midi data from it's mid point. InsertPixHere has collection of midi plugs including the one for this exercise midiInvertNotes

OR
the classic FFT solution, feed the file into SpectrumWorx2, select the Phlip module from the Phase tools - this will flip the phase of all FFT windows and literally 'turn the notes upside-down'

You have been provided with a number of solutions to your question - I'd be interested to find out which method you choose.
Don't be afraid to post back! There's a lot of mockery on KVR so try not be put off by those folks who attack you, even those softly-softly ones are unnecessary but they're not something from which we can easily escape. Best advice is don't rise to it - look for the information you require, thank you politely and carry on with your work.
that helps too, but very very new to midi uses I am, I just discovered it only a few day ago, but already sense it's power in music making

honestly, I don't care about them teasers, they feed my SOCIAL STUDY on Humankind individual or group behaviors, untill I find which one I'll abduct in my flyng saucer to make the show for my laughing kids studying humankind, and I can tell you / laughs there are a lots when we study humankind behaviors...BUT you can't hear us, because you don't know how we laugh...

GOT THIS ONE, thanks to all the crazy developpers n their still free vst offers, I love crazy stuff like that, I probably have all them freebies, so fun to make music with gear like that...

GOT THIS ONE TOO, amazing tool, a bit complex to use for me, but amasing each time I use it, thanks for your feed back

Return to “Effects”