Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

pc2000 wrote:Can any users take the time to confirm an issue that I've had with bliss for awhile? The issue: Bliss freezes the play cursor of various DAWS when the *SAMPLE EDIT WINDOW* is open and samples are being triggered. This has happened in Macshine 2, Tracktion5&6 and Sonar X3. I sent a video showing the issue, but see nothing notated about a fix in beta5.
Still? Will take a look.

George wrote:
pc2000 wrote:Can any users take the time to confirm an issue that I've had with bliss for awhile? The issue: Bliss freezes the play cursor of various DAWS when the *SAMPLE EDIT WINDOW* is open and samples are being triggered. This has happened in Macshine 2, Tracktion5&6 and Sonar X3. I sent a video showing the issue, but see nothing notated about a fix in beta5.
Still? Will take a look.
I see this in Cubase 8.0.3 64bit on Mac 10.9.5, doesn't freeze but is very jittery
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

krakengore wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Added drag and drop slices to midi clip from plugin to host (ctrl+shift drag with mouse left button when the sample is sliced, taking into account SYNC and host BPM). Cant get this to work, what do you drag?

Shortcuts / and - in sample editor are the only ones that work here
sorry, i always forget when i write release notes that on mac is command+shift... the mouse pointer should change to a drag with plus icon, then drag externally. works in bitwig 1.2 on mac here.
Ok in Bitwig 1.2 Mac 10.9.5 I place cursor on sliced sample hold cmd/shift and left click, cursor turns from arrow to arrow with plus sign. Drag to Bitwig arrange page and nothing ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:
George wrote:
Still? Will take a look.
I see this in Cubase 8.0.3 64bit on Mac 10.9.5, doesn't freeze but is very jittery
it's OK here - no freezing, no jitters: Windows 7 64-bit / Reaper v4.77
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

George wrote:
Still? Will take a look.
Sorry... I haven't tried the beta 6 yet. I didn't see any mentioned about the issue in the update, so I wasn't aware it was addressed. Will test and report. Thanks!

George wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:I'm positive this has been asked several times before but I just don't have time ATM to scroll through 25 pages.

Any idea when the beta (and therefore 50% off) will end?
Next is Beta 6 and it will very likely be the last one before 1.0.0 release.
Great, thanks for the answer George.

Definitely purchasing next pay-day then 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Cool, cheers! :tu:

DarkStar wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
George wrote:
Still? Will take a look.
it's OK here - no freezing, no jitters: Windows 7 64-bit / Reaper v4.77
Ok... I give up! I tried in the latest reaper version and didn't have the issue with the first instantiation of beta 5. Apparently bliss times out after maybe 10mins. When I inserted it again, that's when the issue occurred like in the other DAWS. I guess the fix for me is to simply close the audio editor when recording or playing back. Oh well... it's was fun trying bliss it out, but I know when it's time to throw in the towel. :cry:

@George,
Any chance of Importing .RX2 loops at some stage?

Meanwhile I've sent some comments by email.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:@George,
Any chance of Importing .RX2 loops at some stage?

Meanwhile I've sent some comments by email.
We've received them thanks!

Could happen but haven't found a format description to work with LUA yet. A big show stopper is that it's using some proprietary audio compression and some reverse engineering would be required to be able to import.

I do not think that you will find a RX2 format description (otherwise everybody would be encoding RX2 files). Other software uses the REX Shared Library dll to read the sample data.

Meanwhile, a couple of questions:
Inspired by ...

The angles define window margins. The line in the lower/upper area seems the selected position. It is placed on a single channel or both depending of the area where you click it.

Updated manual at www.discodsp.net//pdf/bliss.pdf Thanks DarkStar for pointing up! :tu:

The angles indicates that the sample view has focus

Bliss PDF manual has been updated. Extensive corrections thanks to DarkStar! :tu: http://www.discodsp.net/pdf/bliss.pdf

Return to “Instruments”