Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Since 1.2 is out of the door it is time for the official Push4Bitwig release.

As usual get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Note: Direct parameters are currently broken in 1.2. I already reported it.

Tons of new features:

Compatible with Bitwig 1.2.
* Support for groups
* Support for new browser
* Window open/close button in device modes is now only lit when it is an external plugin
* Press Delete + Pad In Session Mode to the delete the clip
* Reordered the selectable views (when you press 'Note')
* New program change view: Press "Note" -> "PrgChang"; Pads send program change; Scene buttons switch banks; Pressing scene button twice toggles 0-63 and 64-127.
* Select+Play : Toggle Punch In
* Select+Shift+Play: Toggle Punch Out
* Added Volume Fader Control of current track as a ribbon option.
* Activated ribbon for all views.
* When switching plugins the selected device mode is remembered, also available as a setting
* Several options for Footswitch 2 in the settings:
* Toggle Play
* Toggle Record
* Stop All Clips
* Toggle Clip Overdub
* Undo
* Tap Tempo
* New Button
* Clip Based Looper:
- If there is no clip in the selected slot, pressing the foot pedal creates a clip and begins Overdub mode. Releasing it ends Overdub mode.
- If there is a clip in the selected slot, pressing the foot pedal enables Overdub. Releasing it turn Overdub off.

* Touching a parameter knob now displays an on screen notification
* Deactivated the knobs above the tempo and play position values in navigation mode to prevent accidental changes while using the small knobs
* Implemented Sends for Instrument layers.
* Fixed: Automation Touch Mode was not working.
* Fixed: Creation of new clips in other time signatures than 4/4 was broken
* Fixed: Resetting of parameters in device layers and drum pads did not work
* Fixed: Parameter Bank "Fixed" was not selected when a different mode than "Common" was selected
* Fixed: Displayed 1 octave too low when changing octaves up/down.

what about a feature request :) , an "Octave Wrap"-er, just not want to do the staying in an octave "Pushing" pattern transformations in my head :D so a forced staying in a given octave(s) function would be handy, m4l device is here http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... ctave-wrap
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Hi Moss,

I am testing the 1.2 script and I seem to have problems with 3rd party vsts.

When I do: Device -> Direct

I get all the mapped parameters but none of the knobs work. I turn and nothing happens. The only thing that works is DeviceOn but I can only turn off the device. I cant turn it back on. i have scrolled through all the pages to try different controls and no response.

All the names come up properly (ie. xypad, etc) but just no contrrol.

I downloaded the stable version from your website.
See my sig for specs.

Can confirm that. There are still some bugs.

- LED flickering still there
- Device control not working
- Browsing buggy
- selecting clip length in sequencer mode behaves weird

from Bitwig side there comes in addition:

note repeat not possible
change velocity of notes not possible
simply insert an instrument or effect: not possible
you need to select a clip with mouse to edit it

nori.lam wrote:Hi Moss,

I get all the mapped parameters but none of the knobs work. I turn and nothing happens. The only thing that works is DeviceOn but I can only turn off the device. I cant turn it back on. i have scrolled through all the pages to try different controls and no response.

See my sig for specs.
Yes, there's something broken in the API. I already reported it to Bitwig.

nortle wrote:Can confirm that. There are still some bugs.

- LED flickering still there
- Device control not working
- Browsing buggy
- selecting clip length in sequencer mode behaves weird
I have still no idea where the flickering is coming from.

For your other problems it would be helpful if you describe the error with more detail than 2 words...

Again thank you moss and everybody involved..

I finally found the cause for the flickering bug in Device mode! Actually pretty simple when you know... :party:

The latest GitHub checkin fixes it.

Yes, that is nice! It works fine now. :) I will do an intensive test of the script when I've finished some other stuff and report the bugs in more detail.

Hey Moss,

I notice since beta 7 (I think!) that there is an issue with track bank switching. E.g. pads don't light up on until I move a track to a different track bank or collapse a group that appears before the specific track.

Is this a known issue? Reminds me of the older track banking issues (not automatically switching to the new track bank) we had before.

Cheers

Hello moss,

Question regarding to group track and his devices...
When im in device mode on my push and select a "normal" track WITH MY MOUSE on my monitor, I see in an instant wich devices/VST it got on my screen of push. :tu:
Now when i select a grouptrack (with devices) you already feel this one coming.... :D
It wants me to select a device.. when you do that on the device in the panel of screen nothing happens, BUT when i double click on device chain in mixer it selects it.
Is this a shortcoming in the API or just not finished?
Hope it could be fixed... if not? Well life goes on.. :D

Thnx in advance.

codec17 wrote:Hello moss,

Question regarding to group track and his devices...
When im in device mode on my push and select a "normal" track WITH MY MOUSE on my monitor, I see in an instant wich devices/VST it got on my screen of push. :tu:
Now when i select a grouptrack (with devices) you already feel this one coming.... :D
It wants me to select a device.. when you do that on the device in the panel of screen nothing happens, BUT when i double click on device chain in mixer it selects it.
Is this a shortcoming in the API or just not finished?
Hope it could be fixed... if not? Well life goes on.. :D

Thnx in advance.
I strangely never tested that. Seems to be missing on Bitwigs side. I wrote a report.

nori.lam wrote:Hi Moss,

See my sig for specs.
I'm also currently experiencing this issue. When I go to turn the knob on Massive, the parameter either jumps to "0" or the lowest value it can go, "Osc 1 pitch (-64)". The value then won't move when turning the knob.
I'm also having a strange issue when using Battery 4. I have Battery instantiated on an instrument track and 10 instrument tracks after it all routed to Battery with different Midi inputs so I can program my kick on one track, snare on another, etc. I'll often select one of these instrument channels routed to Battery and the Push asks me to select a device like the channel was blank. Oddly, it happens to random channels. The channels affected also change during the session. Not sure what would cause this. Only seems to happen with Battery.

Everything else is amazing. I'm using the latest stable version that was released. Many thanks for all of your hard work. :clap: :tu:
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Okay, I need a bit of a pointer here in the Push4Bitwig framework. I dabbled a bit in this and wrote a mixed play and chord note mode. However, the any overlapping notes are cleared if you release the first button after pressing the second. This also happens for the duplicates of the notes in the normal play mode.

From what I've seen there is no special button release event handler, this is all handled via the onGridNote and a velocity of zero?

jervis wrote:Okay, I need a bit of a pointer here in the Push4Bitwig framework. I dabbled a bit in this and wrote a mixed play and chord note mode. However, the any overlapping notes are cleared if you release the first button after pressing the second. This also happens for the duplicates of the notes in the normal play mode.

From what I've seen there is no special button release event handler, this is all handled via the onGridNote and a velocity of zero?
Hard to tell without knowing your code but it might be a side effect of the note map. Did you adjust that for your layout?

Return to “Controller Scripting”