soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

quick question.

"Sessions saved with V4 plug-ins will recall properly on all officially supported hosts, and will open with the V5 equivalent plug-in."

does it mean all my projects will load in FL12 without a problem and my settings recalled? ;)

and i had the info that i get ALL products for free with v5? :( now it is writte i have to pay $130??

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sampleconstruct wrote:And some beat mangling processing the most simple beat I could play which leads to total FX mayhem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctA1byJCL2A
mind of sharing this preset in the first wet secs you made? :)
or will u do a presetpack for sale?

and which preset of a vst? did you use for the nice DreamGuitar sound? :phones:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Nope. I got Speed to in Logic.

Last v4 version is 4.4.3. Maybe that's why.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:And some beat mangling processing the most simple beat I could play which leads to total FX mayhem:

I used the acoustic classical guitar from my MachFive library Ambient Strings, I'll have a look if I saved the beat mangling presets somewhere.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:

I used the acoustic classical guitar from my MachFive library Ambient Strings, I'll have a look if I saved the beat mangling presets somewhere.
Here is a folder containing two presets from that first beat mangling session.

Download

thanks a lot @Sampleconstruct! :)
sadly i dont have MachFive. it sounds so wonderful but i guess in all those vsts i bought and kontakt libraries i will find something nearly sounding like it ;).

Caine123 wrote:and i had the info that i get ALL products for free with v5? :( now it is writte i have to pay $130??

Did you click on the "click here" link just below the Free Upgrades heading?

Quick question; should I be seeing the 'Little' versions of the plugins in EffectRack? None of them are appearing here, which would be okay except for the absence of Little AlterBoy which has no 'big' equivalent.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Not seeing the Little's in the Effect Rack plugin here.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Cheers. Hope it doesnt take till V6 for 'big' AlterBoy to turn up, then.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I read Little alterboy was excluded from the rack because of latency.

If the other "littles" aren't there, I guess it's because the "bigs" are?

I'd like to have both... the little versions should be lighter on CPU, right?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Caine123 wrote:quick question.

"Sessions saved with V4 plug-ins will recall properly on all officially supported hosts, and will open with the V5 equivalent plug-in."

does it mean all my projects will load in FL12 without a problem and my settings recalled? ;)

and i had the info that i get ALL products for free with v5? :( now it is writte i have to pay $130??

No it isn't, look more closely.

whyterabbyt wrote:Quick question; should I be seeing the 'Little' versions of the plugins in EffectRack? None of them are appearing here, which would be okay except for the absence of Little AlterBoy which has no 'big' equivalent.
Hi. No.
the Little ones don't appear.
Hopefully they are working on AlterBoy.
rsp
sound sculptist

antithesist wrote:I read Little alterboy was excluded from the rack because of latency.

If the other "littles" aren't there, I guess it's because the "bigs" are?

I'd like to have both... the little versions should be lighter on CPU, right?
I always thought the little ones had less features, not necessarily lighter on cpu.
rsp
sound sculptist

bluzkat wrote:
Igor Amos wrote:Speed is not authorizing properly. I just installed V5 update and everything else seems to be ok as far as I can tell but I'm getting the following message from Logic Pro X (10.2) plugin manager (OSX 10.11):

Manufacturer String: SoundToys
AudioUnit Name: Speed
Component Version: 4.4.2 (0x40402)
Component's Bundle Version: 0.0.0

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -10847,0xFFFFD5A1
* AudioUnit Is Not Authorised (Open) *

validation result: not authorized
Isn't Speed ProTools only? That might be why its not working.
No it works in Logic 9 too as an alternative Time machine option, but I assumed it was no longer working in LPX anyway and it does appear no longer part of the Soundtoys bundle. Tbh I never used it - couldnt see any benefits over Logic's own time stretch.

Return to “Effects”