TAL BassLine-101

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Essence for TAL Bassline 101 TAL-BassLine-101

"How should prices be determined?" To this question we could make a short and simple answer: prices should be determined by the market.
Tbh, i think TAL has set its prices quite clever. They may not have the biggest name in audio app development, that's why a price of 100 € and above just wouldn't cut it. I think 60 $/€ is a fair price. But then, the definition of a fair price is different for everyone. That's why you should buy or not buy. :P Arguing about the price is kind of pointless, because the dev will surely not lower, or raise the price, unless the plugins sell better or worse.

Btw, if you still think 60 $ is too much, or you're not willing to pay that, TAL plugins often go in the market place, so that would be the first place for me to look.

It was $40 at intro, so to save money users gotta stay alert :wink:

^Word!

And you don't even need to spend money to get the TAL sound, he has about the most generous freeware lineup around. :hug:

+1 I would probably well served by the regular TAL BassLine, but then I got a very nice deal on 101

TAL synths are top of the line and worth far more than they are priced.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

i love some roland filters sound and tal ones sound excellent (the best in software ? ) i had forgoten how good this plug is and it takes almost no cpu.

stardustmedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Still not as pretty as luSH101....... :hihi:
Definitely I disagree too. I like Lush a lot, but the GUI is horrible........
No, the luSH101 appearance is miles better than TAL-101......

Tal-101......Red ? Really ? Too harsh on the eyes. Blue ? Looks like a Synth Edit toy. Dark ? Hard to read. Light ? Still not the quality of luSH101's photo-realistic gui. The subject in the last few pages here is not gui functionality but gui appearance. In that regards luSH101 simply blows away TAL 101. In my opinion of course. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Still not as pretty as luSH101....... :hihi:
Definitely I disagree too. I like Lush a lot, but the GUI is horrible........
No, the luSH101 appearance is miles better than TAL-101......
Just supporting in sake of meaningless argument:

No! Red Tal-101 blows Lush 101 out of water, and blue Tal is instantly killing Lush.

Lush's gui is so horrible -- it has R rating and should not be displayed to kids without parents.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

One thing I noted after rescaling the GUI in UNO-LX, is that the when I MIDI learn a fader or button (in FL Studio), it appears very jittery when I turn that knob/fader by way of my Midi keyboard. Using the mouse it doesn't happen.

Anybody else notice this in either UNO-LX or this latest update of 101 ?

Numanoid wrote:One thing I noted after rescaling the GUI in UNO-LX, is that the when I MIDI learn a fader or button (in FL Studio), it appears very jittery when I turn that knob/fader by way of my Midi keyboard. Using the mouse it doesn't happen.

Anybody else notice this in either UNO-LX or this latest update of 101 ?
yeah i notice it a bit when blowing up the GUI at huge sizes. jitterish at times. but not always. I only have 7 bit encoders. not sure if it would be different with a 14bit encoder (higher resolution). but the issue is there even with mouse at times.
edit: as it gets bigger i believe it gets more resource intensive. i reopened the plugin after restarting the pc and all is fine. while before I was trying it out with lots of stuff opened.
contrrolling it at huge sizes wwith midi encoder (7bit) i see all the 127 steps but that's normal. obviously at smaller size is less noticeable.

overall loving these new GUIs. very clear, pretty and most importantly fully scalable. all VST GUIs should be like this.
finally I can get my touchscreen monitor to some use.

hoping TAL releases a workhorse synth next combining all the best things of his previous efforts.
with this kind of resizable GUI :3 osc (with cross mod, sync etc) + noise , DAC vca ( linear or EMU etc), filters: sh-101 + Juno + HPF + filter FM, 3 analog/digital ENVS + 2 LFOs. and no effects (to save space)or confined to a separate page or dockable. that would be my dream for a xmas present this year :)
Last edited by olikana on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

chk071 wrote:TAL plugins often go in the market place, so that would be the first place for me to look.
I bought BassLine-101 and U-No-LX secondhand in the marketplace for really cheap. However, it turned out that the seller had bought them through Plugin Boutique and I'm somehow supposed to receive my support through them, not directly through TAL. Does anyone have any experience with that? Were you able to upgrade to the latest versions?

Uncle E wrote:
chk071 wrote:TAL plugins often go in the market place, so that would be the first place for me to look.
I bought BassLine-101 and U-No-LX secondhand in the marketplace for really cheap. However, it turned out that the seller had bought them through Plugin Boutique and I'm somehow supposed to receive my support through them, not directly through TAL. Does anyone have any experience with that? Were you able to upgrade to the latest versions?
I just downloaded the latest demo, installed it and everything stayed registered.
(I don't remember how authorization works with this one :neutral: )
Maybe You should try that too

Cheers, David

I`m having a real blast with the TAL 101.
Fiddling with a few presets i`ve already come up with the Pink Floyd "On The Run" Synthi-A and two well known Tangerine Dream patches. Spot on.
One existing preset sounds like it`s right off a Buchla from one of the Morton Subotnik records! I`m loving this synth so far. Takes me back to the early days of experimental synthesis.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Totolitoto wrote:I just downloaded the latest demo, installed it and everything stayed registered.
(I don't remember how authorization works with this one :neutral: )
Maybe You should try that too

Cheers, David
Thanks! Will do!

Return to “Instruments”