Anybody got a Plugiator yet ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great news if you can get the editor to work! Maybe I'll break one of my panther machines and have a go.

Dasheesh wrote:We've been held back in the soft synth realm by the physics of the processors them selves but that will change very shortly with quantum computing.
Until then, Bliss is a good solution for high CPU synths.

zerocrossing wrote:OK, I had some correspondence with the current owner and he said that the hardware editor no longer needs any on-line registration.
Use Audio has a current owner?

Uncle E wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I think a bigger factor is computers have become so fast and operating systems generally stable that they became a very good alternative to cheaper digital hardware.
I agree, we've arrived. The funny thing is people were saying things like this back in 2002 when the Minimax was first released yet it didn't come true till now.
Well, in 2002 I was still in a heavily hardware based studio. My only software synth was Absynth, and that's because there really wasn't a hardware alternative. Never will be. I kind of ignored the world of software synths... I think I remember demoing Cube and it killed my crappy laptop. It wasn't until later and I got a decent machine and I think it more or less coincided with good software synths. That was maybe around 2005. I think software has developed a bit since then, but really I think it was more like developers could take fewer shortcuts to save system resources as computers got better.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Uncle E wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:OK, I had some correspondence with the current owner and he said that the hardware editor no longer needs any on-line registration.
Use Audio has a current owner?
No, I was talking to someone selling a used Plugiator.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I just think developers got more experienced, but I've been drinking so...

Supposedly the guy that *originally* wrote the plugins was a damn genius - thats the reason why they sound so good even to this day -

Well: my faith has been somewhat restored in the Plugiator after reading some of the recent comments - I picked most of mine up mainly because they were irresistible deals - like the Klangbox - then read so many sad stories that basically I've just sat on them -

My suspicions are that there are still unused Plugiators sitting around in a warehouse - like Arturia Origins - both companies not really knowing what the heck to do with all of them.

There was a rumor going around for a while that Use-Audio were in the process of developing another product: My memory may be faulty on this (it's been a while) but I believe that it was supposed to be a 'nexgen' Plugiator - more professional, whatever that means - maybe rack mount with a better UI - more knobs to twiddle, etc.

The Plugiator I think was supposed to have the form factor of a small desktop beatbox in a way - like a EMU XL-7 or Ensoniq ASRX - so the nexgen rumor iirc seemed to make sense.

goldenanalog wrote:Supposedly the guy that *originally* wrote the plugins was a damn genius - thats the reason why they sound so good even to this day -

Well: my faith has been somewhat restored in the Plugiator after reading some of the recent comments - I picked most of mine up mainly because they were irresistible deals - like the Klangbox - then read so many sad stories that basically I've just sat on them -

My suspicions are that there are still unused Plugiators sitting around in a warehouse - like Arturia Origins - both companies not really knowing what the heck to do with all of them.

There was a rumor going around for a while that Use-Audio were in the process of developing another product: My memory may be faulty on this (it's been a while) but I believe that it was supposed to be a 'nexgen' Plugiator - more professional, whatever that means - maybe rack mount with a better UI - more knobs to twiddle, etc.

The Plugiator I think was supposed to have the form factor of a small desktop beatbox in a way - like a EMU XL-7 or Ensoniq ASRX -
That sounds like it would be amazing.

(edited because my stupid Touchpal alternative keyboard seems to want to paste old text from its buffer)
Last edited by zerocrossing on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

https://www.zaubacorp.com/company/INDSP ... 5PTC018456

inDSP is use-audio -

so: why is the main address in Hong Kong?

Use Audio Inc.
3705 Boa Tower
12 Harcourt Road
Central, Hong Kong

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_23/sc_mast.htm

'Creamware Audio GmbH was a manufacturer of DSP based sound cards and synthesizers, founded in 1992. The cards were used to create synthesized sounds for audio production in music and other audio environments. Creamware also developed several digital audio software/hardware combination systems that became very popular with radio broadcasters throughout the late 1990's. These systems included 'TripleDAT' and a scaled down version called 'CutMaster'. Both versions were widely used by German commercial radio as well as government owned state controlled radio in China.

The software made by Creamware was acclaimed for its time and the hardware Creamware created was among the first linearly scalable DSP systems, with expansion DSP boards being offered to increase the processing power of the platform. As a real time DSP platform, there was no processing (waiting) time for changes to take effect.
In August 1998 John Bowen joined Creamware to develop the Modular system used in Scope as well as working on other synth design projects. He also helped complete Scope versions (emulations) of the Pro One and Prophet 5. In November 1999 he developed and released a bundle of four synthesizers for the Scope platform and by June 2000 under his own company Zarg.
In 2007 Creamware became insolvent and the Scope technology was bought out by two companies. One was the India based InDSP Audio Technologies Pty Ltd lead by Frank Hund (CreamWare founder). This was mainly the team Frank set up in India after the first CreamWare insolvency in 2003. They achieved most of the work which brought the ASB line to the market and designed the Plugiator made and sold by Use Audio.

The other one was the German based Sonic Core lead by Holger Drenkelfort and Juergen Kindermann who were working on John Bowen's Solaris at that time. They went on producing ASB for a while but focused on the XITE-1 and XITE-1D afterwards. In 2010 Juergen Kindermann left Sonic Core to founder Ferrofish and focus on hardware like his A16 Mk II and also has the right to use Scope Technology. His last product, the B4000+ is the first of an ASB II line of products.

At the 2007 Musikmesse show John Bowen showed a prototype of a new original Bowen designed keyboard synthesizer named Solaris, to be manufactured in cooperation with Sonic Core.

Since 2007, the Solaris has been fully released and Sonic Core released Scope 5, Modular IV and Scope 5.1 opening compatibility with 64 bit operating systems and the new XITE-1 hardware platform.

Dante, Wikipedia and The Sonic Core book 2014'

Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Private Registration
Admin Organization: SyncSuite LLC
Admin Street: 110 East Broward Boulevard, Suite 1650
Admin City: Fort Lauderdale
Admin State/Province: FL
Admin Postal Code: 33301
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.8556242611
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext.:
Admin Email: use-audio.com@domainlistingagent.com

http://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2lbvfg/syncsuite-llc

Here are some images from my templates for the plugiator.
Minimax.PNG
B4000.PNG
Prodessy Page 1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

More Plugiator touchosc screenshots
Lightwave.PNG
FMAGIA PAge 1.PNG
PRO 12.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

More plugiator touchosc screenshots
DRUMAND BASS Page 1.PNG
DRUMAND BASS Page 1.PNG
VOCTOR.PNG

Return to “Instruments”