One Synth Challenge #80: MUX by MuTools (Voting Over, preliminary results in)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App MuLab Plugin

H-man wrote:
bjporter wrote:New Prize :party: :party: :party:

Nora is an Arpeggiator Plugin, watch the video here:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/113724965
Well alright! Thank you SquareHeads :tu: :D :hug: :party: :band:
Just realised it is actually squaredheads ...sry :dog: Thx anyway tho, cool prize indeed.

Oh and a quick question. Has anyone got their head around the Modular Feedback Delay yet?

Seems things can get a little unpredictable with that thing :wheee:

H-man wrote:
H-man wrote:

Just realised it is actually squaredheads ...sry :dog: Thx anyway tho, cool prize indeed.
I think you got it right the first time :shrug:

Anywhoo... it is a worthy prize for us great challengers

bjporter wrote:I think you got it right the first time :shrug:
I dunno Brian I can't think straight any more with all this modular madness. Everything has to be split stereo to mono and routed through saturation and delays (chained in serial) before being recombined and looped back through the parent MUX.

And that is on a good day :hihi:

H-man wrote:Has anyone got their head around the Modular Feedback Delay yet? Seems things can get a little unpredictable with that thing :wheee:
Unpredictability is a tenet of great wives everywhere... err oh wait, we're talking about music, here...

z.prime wrote:
H-man wrote:Has anyone got their head around the Modular Feedback Delay yet? Seems things can get a little unpredictable with that thing :wheee:
Unpredictability is a tenet of great wives everywhere... err oh wait, we're talking about music, here...
Even the most experienced, and long lasting couples have yet to figure out the modular feedback delay :hihi:

bjporter wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Even the most experienced, and long lasting couples have yet to figure out the modular feedback delay :hihi:
Hey I am thoroughly enjoying the MUX but I haven't proposed yet or anything serious like that :lol:

H-man wrote:
bjporter wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Hey I am thoroughly enjoying the MUX but I haven't proposed yet or anything serious like that :lol:
Haven't bought any ring mods yet? :bang: :nutter:

z.prime wrote:
H-man wrote:
bjporter wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Haven't bought any ring mods yet? :bang: :nutter:
hahaha ...well played.

Anyway I think I would prefer to find true love rather than just find my self in an Auto-arranged wedding :shrug:

Dee.P.Tree wrote:Is it possible to microtune MUX? I mean to say I am searching for applying Indian Raga microtuning to MUX. Is it possible any how?
No microtuning support yet.

H-man wrote:Oh and a quick question. Has anyone got their head around the Modular Feedback Delay yet? Seems things can get a little unpredictable with that thing :wheee:
What's unpredictable about it?

mutools wrote:
H-man wrote:Oh and a quick question. Has anyone got their head around the Modular Feedback Delay yet? Seems things can get a little unpredictable with that thing :wheee:
What's unpredictable about it?
Hi Jo, thx for jumping in. I guess I meant unpredictable in that I couldn't really get my head around what it does so just started throwing any old module in there (constants, delay, LFO etc.) I found that decreasing the delay times and ramping up the feedback seems to overload the plugin, which is shown in the DAW as a constant volume max-out and often loss of sound.

Interestingly the DAW doesn't crash, I found I can recover by just hitting the power button on the MUX itself so maybe it is running out of voices or filling a buffer or something. I don't really think it's a bug as much as I'm probably just running it out of range.

Kinda like testing and egg with a 6 pound hammer ....but this is the OSC :wink:

Anyway I will continue to test/break. Any light you could shed on this would be appreciated tho.

Cheers,

Ben

The modular feedback delay is like a standard delay effect but then with an audio processor module in the feedback path:
Depending on what module you put in the feedback path and the amount of feedback you may indeed need to be careful as the effect of the feedback module builds up. Try subtle settings for the feedback module.
Does this help?

mutools wrote:The modular feedback delay is like a standard delay effect but then with an audio processor module in the feedback path:
Depending on what module you put in the feedback path and the amount of feedback you may indeed need to be careful as the effect of the feedback module builds up. Try subtle settings for the feedback module.
Does this help?
Yeah sure thx Jo I'll continue to try to "learn by doing" :)

H-man wrote:
H-man wrote:

Yes, my poor english skill :D I literally translated a name from spanish to english, and that was the result. Then, after I registered the mark, some people warned me about how wrong I was using the 'd'. But hey, it's part of the Nora's charisma ;)

Return to “Instruments”