Kriminal 2

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just went to comment on the original Kriminal thread only to see it is now locked.

I know him better through the Synapse Audio forum, where he has been and still is a great help. As a moderator there I could have temporarily banned him for a number of reasons, but didn't because his positives massively outweigh the negatives. A quick explanation always worked.

I met him for a beer in London not long ago. I had a great time chatting with him about everything Synapse and KvR. The key thing was that he was funny, honest and not full of himself. Pretty much like I am IRL (at least that's how I hope other people see me :lol: ). Basically, he is a likeable chap. I'm hoping we meet up again soon.

Anyway, having been lurking here for a long long time, but not commenting much for several reasons, I have seen the same mix here of positives and negatives that I've seen over at Synapse Audio, but again the positives here outweigh the negatives.

Free the Kriminal!
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

I agree.
I had bad arguments with him and got a temporary ban as well for that, together with Bones.
Permanent? A little to stringent IMO. But again, maybe the Mods know more than I do.
Last edited by liquidsound on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

cytospur wrote:I just went to comment on the original Kriminal thread only to see it is now locked.

I know him better through the Synapse Audio forum, where he has been and still is a great help. As a moderator there I could have temporarily banned him for a number of reasons, but didn't because his positives massively outweigh the negatives. A quick explanation always worked.

I met him for a beer in London not long ago. I had a great time chatting with him about everything Synapse and KvR. The key thing was that he was funny, honest and not full of himself. Pretty much like I am IRL (at least that's how I hope other people see me :lol: ). Basically, he is a likeable chap. I'm hoping we meet up again soon.

Anyway, having been lurking here for a long long time, but not commenting much for several reasons, I have seen the same mix here of positives and negatives that I've seen over at Synapse Audio, but again the positives here outweigh the negatives.

Free the Kriminal!
Well put Mark.. nuff said ;-)

You guys should stop these drama threads. Like mods are stupid or something. To clear this out - i don't know Kriminal neither do i have problems with him or something but these drama threads are plain silly. Surely it's a nice guy (by reading your comments it seems so) but if he is breaking rules then he is breaking rules. It does not matter how nice he is after that moment.

Noone abused their moderator forces i am pretty sure.

Just let it go - this is not charity or some nonsense forum. If you find your personal hero really missing then try to reach him and learn him lesson or two. I was banned two times in 15 years. Lesson learned. Proceed further.

rob_lee wrote:
cytospur wrote:I just went to comment on the original Kriminal thread only to see it is now locked.

Free the Kriminal!
Well put Mark.. nuff said ;-)
He is a good bloke...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

kmonkey wrote:You guys should stop these drama threads. Like mods are stupid or something. To clear this out - i don't know Kriminal neither do i have problems with him or something but these drama threads are plain silly. Surely it's a nice guy (by reading your comments it seems so) but if he is breaking rules then he is breaking rules. It does not matter how nice he is after that moment.

Noone abused their moderator forces i am pretty sure.

Just let it go - this is not charity or some nonsense forum. If you find your personal hero really missing then try to reach him and learn him lesson or two. I was banned two times in 15 years. Lesson learned. Proceed further.
Please don't tell me what I can or can't post. Let's leave that decision to the moderators, ok?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

This is among the problems with 'rules'. If someone is generally an asshole but is careful to never actually break a rule he/she can continue to post. A person who contributes in a normal human way of communicating ie. gets emotional where appropriate etc. and occasionally breaks a rule, gets the ban. I actually prefer forums with near zero moderation as they're far less pc and feel more like I'm speaking to real people rather than cattle who've been shunted down a behaviour modified alleyway. I didn't read the relevant thread btw but just wanted to express that point.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I thought this was a thread to say he has been upgraded :)

Anyway - free the Krim!

do_androids_dream wrote:emotional where appropriate
In this case it was more "abusive when completely unnecessary", though, wasn't it? I don't really care either way, but to me it looked a bit like a "suicide by police" situation, i.e. "I'm tired of this place, so I'll make them throw me out".

I wish Kriminal was allowed to be unbanned.

Don't worry he'll be back...

Some Kriminals are masters of disguise :hihi:

Doug1978 wrote:Don't worry he'll be back...

I for one welcome our new KRIMINALOPY overlords.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Doug1978 wrote:Don't worry he'll be back...

I for one welcome our new KRIMINALOPY overlords.
Armed with their Kriminalopy Uncertainty Principles and forum tunneling.

Wish he gets unbanned... But I also know he was VERY rude to D.H. MOD, so I'm not that sure it will happen.

Societies have rules for a reason. Not all societies have equally rational rules, admittedly. Social groups also have rules (with the same caveat as above). Let one person break the rules regularly, without consequence, then everyone expects no consequences. Then what's the point of rules?

Rules of engagement are what civilization is all about, so it's best to enforce them as consistently as possible or suffer them becoming irrelevant and failing to serve any purpose. It's not about being "PC". PC is just BS to avoid upsetting special interests. "Political correctness" isn't about civility.

The social rules should be about civility, not special interests. If they aren't, then that's a failure to lead. If certain members got free passes to behave in an uncivil manner, that's special interest. From what I have seen, the issue in this context was entirely about civility. Is Kriminal a nice guy in person? Great. Too bad he couldn't be equally nice in the forums. The same holds true for the recently booted developer. Doesn't matter how helpful or interesting he was outside the context of his uncivil behavior on the forum.

If you can't be bothered to get on with people here in a civil manner, after being warned repeatedly, go somewhere else. Some of us have no desire to perpetually tolerate intolerable people. Rules for civil behavior are generally good for the group, even if favorite characters get themselves kicked out.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Site Stuff”