Is there a vst FX that can fusion two different musics into one new music

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Try patching both "musics" though an MXR distortion plus, turn it way up - that ought to do it.

Frantz wrote:Maybe try using Spectrumworx to mix tracks via FFT? For example, CinningBao did this mixture of U2's 'Mysterious Ways' and Snap!'s The Power':

https://soundcloud.com/cinningbao/she-m ... ious-power
Pretty cool Spectrumworx experiment! :tu: What module did you use for this?

Neon Breath wrote: Pretty cool Spectrumworx experiment! :tu: What module did you use for this?
Don't know. CinningBao made it, not me.

If only macgyver was here, Im sure he could make such an fx for less then 50 bucks with just a bucket of mud and some leafs.

OP is looking for audio morphing, if I understood well what he said.

For cheap solutions, I would go with Morph. Or Alchemy.

Or if you're rich, Kyma.

Hey Neon- thanks for the repost! :)

It's ugly, I know, but you can take the magnitude of one signal and apply it to the phase of another signal using the Inserter module. The higher you can take the sample rate (while balancing with the window size.. ie. at 44100 - 1024 window size, at 88200 - 2048 window size, at 176400 - 4096 window..) the 'better' the response from the FFT algorithms.

FFT likes clean signals so try to keep from re-pitching or stretching/shrinking the source material too much..

Or just do what you want and have fun! ;)

CinningBao wrote:Hey Neon- thanks for the repost! :)

It's ugly, I know, but you can take the magnitude of one signal and apply it to the phase of another signal using the Inserter module. The higher you can take the sample rate (while balancing with the window size.. ie. at 44100 - 1024 window size, at 88200 - 2048 window size, at 176400 - 4096 window..) the 'better' the response from the FFT algorithms.

FFT likes clean signals so try to keep from re-pitching or stretching/shrinking the source material too much..

Or just do what you want and have fun! ;)
That was a great experiment. Not ugly at all. In fact, it inspired me to experiment more with my own Spectrumworx :)

Ethereal applied to the phases gives some pretty wild and interesting blended sounds too.

I should clarify my definition of ugly in this context - I meant that the technology is not smart and doesn't "replace bassline 1 with bassline 2" type 'blending'. But yes, I love this ripping-sound-to-shreds functions of FFT, particularly SpectrumWorx. In fact the presets I included in the last release kind of offer some starting points for FFT side-chaining..

As Adamski sampled on Live and Direct, "I love technology".. I just wish it (FFT) wasn't so difficult to understand mathematically and in the various code worlds. Need a smarter thinking cap

Teksonik; Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm
Re: Is there a vst FX that can fusion two different musics into one new music

******* OBYONETAOPY wrote:
I desesperatly seek for a vst FX or VSTI that would give me the possible of playing two or more different musics (in) and give me (out) a completly new music (fusion/merge/morph/etc... of the in musics added) *****

I don't think he's asking for DJ Style Mix ups or mash ups whatever they're called but instead for some kind of algorithmic or A.I. plugin that takes two different styles of music and creates a new piece of music.

I'm not aware of such a plugin but then I'm not looking for one so maybe there is something out there in some form.

Certainly there is algorithmic composition software.

http://www.essl.at/software.html

http://algorithmiccomposition.org/

At any rate even if the question was newbie (yes it was newbie n not ashamed of it at all) or unreasonable I don't think it called for the cuntish replies...... :shrug:

So, THAT is an ANSWER !!!!
( take exemple on this instead of replying non sens guys (nothing is impossible in music, especially at the basis of it all),Teksonik pondered my question, reflected as if himself was in my shoes and bling the light switched on in him and he gave this intelligent answer, that gives me a holyday from reading painfull youz)

ALGORYTHMIC rings a bell inside !!!, yes, I nearly can achieve a sort of apparent mixing of multiple different tracks, if I turn my SYNTHED wavs tracks into midi PIANO SIMPLE NOTES and convert them midi PIANO SIMPLE NOTES back into wavs piano TRACKS to positioning them differently under each others in AUDACITY.....

That newbie way of doing (I can do much worse) allow me to see where are the CLOGS between the tracks, and get rid of them, then retransform THE WAVS MIXED PIANOS SIMPLE NOTES THAT HAVE GOTTEN MORE COMPLEX into a midi TRACK and apply to it a vsti n some effectS to make a new MUSIC.... but it's too much work (and soundmecanics tends to P*** me off real quick)....

I guess an algorythmic VST could very well see very fast where are the clogs BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT TRACKS and where are the possible OPENINGS to harmonies that could match in the DIFFERENT tracks to do a new track (I know there are some VST that does that, but most of them are well above the thousand dollars, and my quest is for a FREE ONE or a not expensive one, or a trick with two or three vsts that could do the job together !!!!

Anyway my music (keywords : obyonetaopy bandcamp) is mostly worked with hazard .... (just like JOHN CAGE n others big musicians used to do), so I have no real goals to achieve in fact, in music, (I am TOTALY FREE of expectations) and one thing for sure, I don't want to learn music, nor learn how to do it, because my quest is to stay a complete NAIVE in MUSIC, a non knowin anything about music to be able to be a good friend of HAZARD and sounds, vibs, tones, MYSTERY, etc, AS TO CONTINUE TO MARVEL AT MUSIC if you understand what I am tryng to say here ? (it will b difficult for some) :dog: :dog:

here, ANOTHER ONE GOOD ANSWER

Frantz; Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm
Re: Is there a vst FX that can fusion two different musics into one new music
Maybe try using Spectrumworx to mix tracks via FFT?

SEARCHING long enough, I found this uninexpensive one that could be closed to do the trick ????

PSYGEN
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/psygen-by-m-rgt

BUT someone says in the comments, that : It is no longer available, as noted above. M-RGT is out of business.

I think you greatly underestimate the number of such tools out there. The right keywords will be your best friends in your future Google searches. Best of luck!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Sounds like you cant be arsed to do the creative leg work yourself, maybe you should try a new hobby, I feel collecting cushions might suit you, or Hello Kitty paraphernalia
Yes to the idea he is looking for an easy answer. He would be much better off working on his chops first.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I'm not sure I'm following exactly what you're looking for, but Onyx Arranger comes to mind...

"Using Musical Object Morphing technology (MOM) Onyx allows easy conversion of a ready MIDI file to Onyx Orchestrator Style (up to 10 tracks and 16 measure length) without losing any nuances, which can be later used for generation of a new song accompaniment following any chord progressions (up to 100 chord types and 1/8 note step if you want), even in a different meter. You may have as many OOStyles per song as you want and they will sound perfect in every Chord, Key, Scale and Meter. Styles can be merged by Orchestrator clips editing: you can drag an instrument/clip of one OOStyle to the zone of another OOStyle..."

It is actually now available free from

http://www.jasminemusic.com/onyx.htm

I think it may be limited to Windows XP, but I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: Onyx is a standalone application, not a VST, but MIDI is pretty easy to export/import, and you can use a virtual MIDI cable (is MidiOx still available?) to rout MIDI from Onyx to your host to use your VSTi's while working within Onyx.

Anyway my music (keywords : obyonetaopy bandcamp) is mostly worked with hazard .... (just like JOHN CAGE n others big musicians used to do), so I have no real goals to achieve in fact, in music, (I am TOTALY FREE of expectations) and one thing for sure, I don't want to learn music, nor learn how to do it, because my quest is to stay a complete NAIVE in MUSIC, a non knowin anything about music to be able to be a good friend of HAZARD and sounds, vibs, tones, MYSTERY, etc, AS TO CONTINUE TO MARVEL AT MUSIC if you understand what I am tryng to say here ? (it will b difficult for some)  
I want to perform brain surgery, but my goal is to remain completely naive to the art of medicine and not learn anything about it. Is there some tool that will cut into people's heads and just sort of fix them automatically for me?

Seriously, I think you'll find that John Cage actually knew what he was doing. If you simply want to make uninformed explorations into the field of sonic experimentation, more power to you. My own experience has been that learning as much as possible about any given discipline will yield better results, not worse. You are choosing a lazy, uninformed approach, and the results are likely to reflect the amount of effort you put in. :neutral:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”